Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weightlifting shoes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Also if anyone is thinking of getting Adistars they're down to 109 on nerlinger.com.
    Ooooooh!

don't have my size. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Im ordering the adipowers tomorrow... i <3 them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

COH wrote: »
    Im ordering the adipowers tomorrow... i <3 them

these?

adipower2012.jpg

do they come in a different colour, because those make my eyes bleed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

CFAA03a.jpg

A little different, this is the actual shoe. Only in red.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

CFAA03a.jpg

I ****ing love them.

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    I ****ing love them.

I'll buy them and swap you for your old adistars.*
    *Almost serious

these?

adipower2012.jpg

do they come in a different colour, because those make my eyes bleed :pac:

Shoe racist
    CFAA03a.jpg

Thats the wan... im totes exciteballs or whatever the lingo for fully erect is these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

seem to be able to order the back heeled ones from Austria

http://www.sport-enzinger.com/index

15 bills shipping and 169€ vor die schue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

dylbert wrote: »
    Picked these up from Ironside today. Can't wait to try them out today. :)

405784_10150470231465875_564985874_8940455_1260190798_n.jpg

Thinking of buying a pair of these, just wondering how fit is, would I need to go up or down a size?
    Nope, the fit is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

I never really thought about footwear before but, on seeing this thread, started checking out the advantages of weightlifting shoes.

I'm a little overwhelmed with the information but, based upon my research, know that I definately need to stop wearing my current shoes which are more suited to running, i.e. springy soles.

I can get a pair of Converse shoes for €48 or else splash out €105 on the adidas shoes mentioned previously in the thread. What's peoples thoughts?

What the shoes look like doesn't matter as I work out in the shed - unless of course, those flame design ones will add 5% to my squat :D

• Advertisement

Dead Ed wrote: »
    seem to be able to order the back heeled ones from Austria

http://www.sport-enzinger.com/index

15 bills shipping and 169€ vor die schue

Gutenthanks!

marathonic wrote: »
    I never really thought about footwear before but, on seeing this thread, started checking out the advantages of weightlifting shoes.

I'm a little overwhelmed with the information but, based upon my research, know that I definately need to stop wearing my current shoes which are more suited to running, i.e. springy soles.

I can get a pair of Converse shoes for €48 or else splash out €105 on the adidas shoes mentioned previously in the thread. What's peoples thoughts?

What the shoes look like doesn't matter as I work out in the shed - unless of course, those flame design ones will add 5% to my squat :D

Completely different shoes with completely different purposes and completely incomparable!!

Completely different shoes with completely different purposes and completely incomparable!!

Thanks for the response. Well, as the only reason I'm buying is because I know I shouldn't be lifting in trainers, I'll probably just go for the Converse shoes. Save my euros for a couple of kettlebells or something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I got a pair of Romaleos from a bloke on my team in the states, on the cheap. It worked out ~€100 and it's possibly the best investment I've made this year. Difference is night and day squatting in them. I still have a **** squat, but I'm still working to get decent form in them after ingraining bad habits into myself for ages squatting in sambas and not having a clue in general. It's coming along.. I hope :/

Buy the adidas shoes, the kettlebells will still be there when you get money again!

Dathai wrote: »
    I got a pair of Romaleos from a bloke on my team in the states, on the cheap. It worked out ~€100 and it's possibly the best investment I've made this year. Difference is night and day squatting in them. I still have a **** squat, but I'm still working to get decent form in them after ingraining bad habits into myself for ages squatting in sambas and not having a clue in general. It's coming along.. I hope :/

Buy the adidas shoes, the kettlebells will still be there when you get money again!

Wanna ask him for another pair.

Wanna ask him for another couple of pairs.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

CFAA03a.jpg

Personally, I think they'd be waaaaaay cuter in pink!!!! Or even purple..I'd settle for purple alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

Anyone know why adidas have moved away from the 3 strap design of the 2004 adistars and I think some of their older shoes?

I think it feels way more secure than the single strap shoes.

Has anyone any opinions on the shoes from BuyKettlebellDublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I don't like the look of them.
    Never used them.

I like the Adidas ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Got a pair of them myself a few days ago. First pair of lifting shoes I've used so can't really compare them to anything. They feel pretty good for squatting and seem sturdy enough. The fit is good and I don't find them uncomfortable. The heel is about 1.3 inches or so. Not the prettiest shoe around though especially when compared to the sexy adipowers but I don't really care about what they look like as long as they work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

1.3 inches thick!? That's extremely high

Molly wrote: »

Depends on the thickness of the front of the sole. Overall drop is more important than specific heel height.

Only saying cos the front of the shoe looks thick and I thought they looked reasonable. But please no one buy them off that.

Okay, so the BuykettlebellDublin ones look fine and they're pretty cheap at 60 euro.

However, the shoes I buy will probably last years so I'm tempted to go for something more expensive (assuming the extra expense means a better quality product).

Through friends and work, I usually know someone coming from the States every 4-6 weeks so am pretty tempted to hold out and get a pair of Romaleos 2 for about 150 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭wasabi

Depends on the thickness of the front of the sole. Overall drop is more important than specific heel height.

Only saying cos the front of the shoe looks thick and I thought they looked reasonable. But please no one buy them off that.

Just measured my adidas ironwork IIs and the heel is 1.1 inch with sole thickness of 0.4 inch. Those are probably not so different that you'd notice it TBH.

Everyone has different limb proportions, some people need a slightly higher heel than others do. Do-wins for instance are a 1.5" heel, probably about the highest you'd find, but some people like them.

Visually, looks like a properly constructed lifting shoe, but hard to tell from photos what the quality is like. Price is certainly good.

Molly wrote: »

Yeah, I just measured the exact height of the heel, if you take the sole thickness into account it probably comes out at about 1.25 inches or so. I find the heel height fine but I have horrible ankle flexibility so a higher heel is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

DylanJM wrote: »
    Yeah, I just measured the exact height of the heel, if you take the sole thickness into account it probably comes out at about 1.25 inches or so. I find the heel height fine but I have horrible ankle flexibility so a higher heel is better.

I've been looking to get a pair for the past month, I just haven't had the chance to get up to Mark's place to try them on. Did they fit big or small? I'm only a size 7 & was told the size 7 in these was closer to an 8!! :(

Burkatron wrote: »
    I've been looking to get a pair for the past month, I just haven't had the chance to get up to Mark's place to try them on. Did they fit big or small? I'm only a size 7 & was told the size 7 in these was closer to an 8!! :(

Mine are a 10.5 and I usually wear a size 10 for everything else. Have a bit of room to spare in the toe but the fit feels good to me. Not sure if that's much help to you or not, sorry. If can get a chance try them first, might save some hassel in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Anybody ever use the crossfit style shoes?
    For the people who aren't sure what they are;
    Similar shape to oly shoes, but light weight. So sacrificing some of the solidness of the base, to be less of a burden in other exercises. The heel wouldn't be as big either.
    Obviously they won't be of use to pure oly lifters. But i'm thinking they might be suitable for more general stuff (obviously good for DF too)

Here's the two I've came accross

Adidas Power Lift Training Shoe
    (Powerlift is a bit of a misnomer obviously)
    G45630_02?wid=500&hei=500&fmt=jpeg&qlt=92,0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=1.1,0.5,1,0

Reebok Crossfit Oly Lifter
    cfm2b_08c_rccrfr_1.jpg

Advertisement