Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All the bands you "Never" saw live

Options
  • 15-12-2011 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

As apposed to the thread, "All the bands you ever saw live", who arre some of the acts that you're distraught at never catching live before they split up/retired.

Two that stick out for me are Faith no More, Transplants and the White Stripes.

Im not going to bother listing bands that I would haver 6 years old for when they broke up, eg. Nirvana.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Genesis
    I saw them with the ill-fated Ray Wilson lineup, but never with Banks-Collins-Rutherford-Stuermer-Thompson, and certainly not Banks-Collins-Gabriel-Hackett-Rutherford :D. With Phil Collins supposedly retired, neither incarnation is likely to ever happen now.
    Pink Floyd
    Seeing Roger Waters do Dark Side of the Moon with Nick Mason was the closest I got, but Waters' Wall show is still one of the greatest things I've ever seen.
    Queen
    I was too young to see them in the RDS or Slane, and by the time I could have gone to see them (when The Miracle was released), they weren't touring anymore.
    Frank Zappa
    This needs no further explanation. It's Frank Zappa.
    Warren Zevon :(
    I only really got into his music properly after he last played here. We will never see his like again.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i never saw nirvana support sonic youth
    i think everyone else did

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ArtOfEscape

Missing Tears for Fears in Dublin in 2005 is my big regret. The venue (Vicar St) was over 18 - I was not. :o I did have a ticket and was tempted to go along and try to get in, but I didn't try and got a refund instead. Really hoping they'll do another album / tour together but it looks unlikely, and their solo output doesn't seem to reach across the pond. Booo! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Guns 'n' Roses - would have loved to see them with Slash. Still tempted to see them now but I can't see how it would be the same, also Axel Rose is an *******

Thin Lizzy - with Phil Lynott. That man was just a genius and few Irish musicians (other than the Edge) will ever replace him

Oasis - still love Beady Eye and Noel Gallagher but the Gallaghers need to get over their fabricated public stunt and "make up"

Elvis Presley - no one had the voice or the showmanship he had. Would be more inclined to see him than the fab four

The Beatles - not a huge fan, but would love to just say I saw them

RHCP with Frusciante - I like Klinghoffer but would love to see John with them

Shania Twain - assuming she never returns to Ireland, if she does then great

Phil Collins - some really classic songs

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

Jimi Hendrix - Not much chance of this happening now.

The Doors - I did get to see Riders On The Storm play the RDS a few years back, but without Jim there are no Doors.

Smiths - Will it ever happen ?

Elvis Presley - Even the jumpsuit era.

Clash - I did get to see Joe Strummer though

Creedence Clearwater Revival - I have heard that they are getting back together.

Pink Floyd - I have seen Waters and Gilmour.....seperatly of course.

Janis Joplin - how good would that have been?

Kinks - have seen Ray Davies a few times

Queen - Just for the pure showmanship.

Prince - I could not go when he played last year.

Tom Petty - .......wait a minute. I might have a chance with this one:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Elliott Smith and Dexys are the only 2 i've missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

How many people would have stone roses on their list if they weren't BACK bitches?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Pantera :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

2 Live Crew

They are the only ones that got away. :(

I consider it a damn fine privilege to have seen "Carnivore" live a couple of times though (Type o Negative's Peter Steele's other band). Something that I never had expected, so I have not given up hope for a 2 Live Crew Reunion!

@OP: Faith No More are still active, aren't they? Saw them one or two years ago at the Olympia in Dublin (actually my biggest gig disappointment ever: after waiting 18 years to finally see them live, I was at pretty much the only show of the tour where they did not play my 2 favorites "we care a lot" and "from out of nowhere"). Also, I'd suggest giving The White Stripes two or three years, then they will be reunited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Varkov wrote: »
    As apposed to the thread, "All the bands you ever saw live", who arre some of the acts that you're distraught at never catching live before they split up/retired.

Two that stick out for me are Faith no More, Transplants and the White Stripes.

Aren't these guys back together?

For me it was System Of A Down, but since they've reunited that chance may come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Most of favorite bands ended before I was even born or very young. Oasis are top of my list though. I did manage to catch The white stripes in Marlay park about 6/7 years ago, peaches and mundy on support. strange line up!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

:(:(:( oasis, when they played slane I was parting in London, nivana.. i was 4 when kurt cobain died:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Daft Punk are top of the list for me. Hopefully they'll tour soon and that will change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Out of the bands I could have possibly seen it's got to be the Smashing Pumpkins. I really wanted to see them in the SFX in '95. I loved them since I'd heard Gish but couldn't get the money together to buy a ticket. I was living in America when the Point tragedy happened so wasn't at it.

In the 'fantasy' department it would be Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense. Being at one of those nights would have been absolutely mind-blowingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Would love to see.......

Fleetwood Mac

Daft Punk

George Micheal

The Smiths

There would be others just cant think off the top of my head now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Never saw Guns N Roses, although it would have to be the original line-up with or without Steven Adler though.

I'd have very little interest in seeing the line-up that is there now. From the sounds of it too the concert they did at the O2 turned into a right free for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Guns n Roses - not worth it now less the original line up get back together. Have no interest in seeing the Axl Rose show.

Nirvana - not gonna happen

Snot - not gonna happen

Sepultura - original line up only

Pantera - not gonna happen

Beastie Boys - fingers crossed...........

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Merku

If i was given a chance to go back in time for 1 gig, it would be a Jeff Buckley concert. One in Sin-E would be brilliant but a gig anywhere would have done me.

And then, like many here: Pink Floyd, The Doors, The Smiths, Led Zep, Jimy Hendrix but also Velvet Underground, Janis Joplin, Nina Simone and Noir Desir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I would've loved to have seen Nirvana and The Doors live but it's not gonna happen. If I had been more orgnaised and maybe begged my parents, I might've been able to see Nirvana live back in the day.

Just to rub it in...

GNR - Saw them on their tour with Metallica though it wasn't one of their best gigs

Shania Twain - Been to 2 of her gigs

Smashing Pumpkins - Saw them twice in their old incarnation, once with D'Arcy but without Jimmy Chamberlin then saw them with Jimmy but without D'Arcy. I was going to see them at the gig that was canceled due to the heroin overdose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

1. Joy Division
    2. Smiths
    3. Cabaret Voltaire

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Sublime!
    No doubt, but still hope for that one
    Alice in Chains
    At the Drive In
    Fiona Apple, don't think she's ever played here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Merku

dearg lady wrote: »
    Fiona Apple, don't think she's ever played here.

I dont have her in my list cos i still hope she'll come here one day...or that ill have enough money to fly and see her in the States :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

1. Queen
    2. David Bowie (so close, yet so far, Oxegen 2004)
    3. Alice In Chains, their original line up, seen them twice as they are
    4. Pantera
    5. Motley Crue - seen them three times with their original line up, but would have liked to see them with John Corbai, given how people remember that era
    6. Killswitch Engage - with David Jesse Leech

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Pink Floyd - any tour from Meddle to The Wall :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

am I seeing things or have 2 posters mentioned Shania Twain?

That's just put me off me lunch!

cmon people!

since I'm here...i begged and begged my folks to let me go to Slane to watch G'N'R in their full, glorious, riotous line up. Didn't happen. That's why I killed them. That showed em...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mick Electric

The Clash, especially circa 1982
    Can't believe they played the Trinity Ball once

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

am I seeing things or have 2 posters mentioned Shania Twain?

I would love to see Shania Twain.

Come on man you can't deny the power of That Don't Impress Me Much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

The Clash, especially circa 1982
    Can't believe they played the Trinity Ball once

As did Public Enemy! The target audience for PE surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

karaokeman wrote: »
    I would love to see Shania Twain.

Come on man you can't deny the power of That Don't Impress Me Much.

my sarcasm meter is reading... "inconclusive" :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I am from Greece (moved currently to Ireland) and there we don 't get many big concerts.
    So I really regret not going to Kraftwerk.
    Other bands that I haven't seen and dying to see are The B-52s And Erasure

Advertisement