Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White chocolate glaze - help

Options
  • 15-12-2011 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

I have made a raspberry cheesecake and gotten it into my head that a white chocolate glaze drizzled on top would be perfect.

I have made a dark chocolate glaze before by melting dark chocolate, adding a tablespoon of water and a large knob of butter. The result is a delicious fudgy not-quite-set glaze that works beautifully on a rich chocolate cake.

Would the same method work with white chocolate, o wise ones? Other white chocolate topping ideas also welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I have no idea how to do it, but you would need significantly less butter with white chocolate, seeing as it's mostly fat already. Could you do a white chocolate ganache, perhaps?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

What about using a drizzle - similar to what you would put on a lemon drizzle cake?

225g icing sugar
    zest and juice of 1 lemon

Lemon and raspberry go so well togeather. And to make it a bit less "drizzly" maybe lob melt a little of your white choc in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Thanks ladies. What I'm gonna do is melt the chocolate and add a little milk - you're right about not adding the fat, Faith. However a ganache would be tricky cos it needs to be spread on rather than drizzled. Now the icing sugar one can be drizzled but I wouldn't go it in this case because it's going on top of a cream cheese and raspberry topping - it'd probably be better on a floury cake base.

Sure I'll see how it goes. I just don't wanna ruin my cheesecake!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Or melt it with a bit of natrual yogurt? It will take some of the sicky sweet out.

Why are you glazing it anyway? THat sounds like something Id do to ruin a perfectly splendid creation? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Ha ha, I am inclined to do that myself. :)

I made a raspberry cheesecake and the topping is a little bit of raspberry jelly, melted, and whipped with cream cheese, caster sugar, whipped cream and pureed raspberries. It sounds better than it is...the texture is bang on but the taste is so boring. I thought a white chocolate drizzle over some fresh raspberries on top would liven it up.

I made the drizzle by melting it with a couple of tablespoons of milk and it worked perfectly. It is setting in the fridge, but I know it will set to a fudgy consistency, rather than go hard.

Thanks for the input!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Lovely idea np, will be stealing your drizzle :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

I think a tablespoon of milk stirred into 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips will work - stir and melt.

Advertisement