Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My cat has a lump??

• 15-12-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

my 1 year old male has developed a lump at the back of his neck. It doesn't seem sore to the touch, and nothing seepeing from it or anything. He is in great health and humour.
    I had him at the vets about 2 weeks ago for his vaccines and at first thought maybe it was caused by the injection? Only thing is I think the lump up a little higher....

Anyone ever experience this? Maybe I should bring him back to the vet? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

It'd be impossible to say what it is really. It could be a benign lipoma (fatty lump), it could be slight granulomatous tissue from the vaccines or something more sinister. Keep an eye on it, if its getting bigger id be at the vets asap. Is he attempting to scratch it or is there any hair loss? Any noticeable behaviour changes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Could be anything from a reaction to the injection as said, or an ingrown hair that's caused some sort of abcess. It's best to get it checked out asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lilsis

Hey last time I had my cat vaccinated he developed a lump between his shoulder blades. Like you it wasn't quite where the injection had gone in but the lump was a bit lower. It was a hard lump but I could move it around and again didn't bother him and no seeping or anything (it was under the skin though). It went away by itself after about a week so was just a reaction to the vaccination. Just keep an eye on it in case it gets bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Thanks all.

There is no hair loss, he seems to have no desire to scratch at it. And he most definintley is his very lovable self. :)
    I must call in to the vet to get some feliway tomorrow afternoon so I could ask then. Its literally across the road from where I live which is great - he hates the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

My guy develped one of these after his last vaccine too, went away again after a week or so and is fine now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Update - the lump seems to be getting smaller so I think it was a reaction to the vaccine. Thankfully it should be nothing to worry about - cheers all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Update - the lump seems to be getting smaller so I think it was a reaction to the vaccine. Thankfully it should be nothing to worry about - cheers all!
    My cat was in vets last weeks vomiting etc he recived alot of antibiotics shots.noticed last nite he has ljmp on his neck size of golfball called vet this morning.they said prob from shots bt keep eye on it next few days to see if it goes down.

Advertisement