Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's CRAZY how quickly games drop in price so soon after release these days.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    80 was the RRP most shops didn't sell it at that, some did. I remember buying Dead Rising for 75 in xtra vision.

ya mad bastard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I was selling my copy of Assasins Creed PS3 to CEX at the start of the year and hadn't looked at it since it was launched. I had a double-take when I saw the price sticker on the box said €69.99!

I remember paying IR£70 for SF2:Turbo on US Import and a further IR£20 for the adapter to play it! We have it so good nowadays!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ya mad bastard :pac:

I had no choice at the time :)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

spix wrote: »
    .... Depends on how much money the retailer gets from the game of course, if they can get the games cheaper from the supplier after launch they will of course drop the price too.

its a pity places like gamesnash can't offer these kinds of prices

That's it in a nutshell - if we get a price reduction from the suppliers we pass it on but more often than not what happens is a specific deal is done between a publisher and a retailler to write down the cost price of a game they may have a lot of stock of (either the publisher or that retailler) Either that or a large player has done a deal to buy 100,000 copies at a huge discount and they can afford to sell of the last 5,000 at a loss to clear them out (having made more than enough on the first 95,000 to do so) and suddenly we see someone selling off a game €20 cheaper than we can buy it for from the official distributors. It's very frustrating at times for us too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Nice relic in our local tesco still - a copy of halo 3 for 75 euro. Will post the pic if i can find it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement