Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belinda McKeown's novel Solace.

Options
  • 15-12-2011 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭

Yesterday I heard Matt Cooper Chatting to Longford native Belinda McKeown on his 'the last word' programme on Today FM, they talked about her award-winning debut novel 'Solace'. The story is set in & around locations in Co. Longford & Dublin.

Click here to listen to the podcast.

Many congrats to Belinda, she's done us proud. I'm Looking forward to the read myself & if anyones stuck for ideas for a good locally set story as a stocking filler for any loved ones this christmas . . .;)

She's also to be found discussing her book on youtube.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Haven't read it yet, although I spotted it in the 'bestsellers' section of Easons in Athlone last week. From what I hear, it's an excellent read. Scoring a publishing deal with a major publisher like Simon & Schuster is no mean feat!

I remember Belinda was a couple of years ahead of me in primary school. She's based in New York now, although she seems to return home quite frequently, and appears on the panel on RTÉ's 'The View' from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

So do you what part of Longford is she from GG? It might make the reading of the book even more interesting, though I know she has already stated that shes set it in a different part of Longford than where she grow-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Think shes from out near McGiffs Cross/Curry church direction An...oops sorry Deregos!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Think shes from out near McGiffs Cross/Curry church direction An...oops sorry Deregos!

Think the family live a bit further out towards Kenagh, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, it's always good to see a local person doing well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JimmyR

Your the closest ;)

Hope the book does well for her, it'll be great to see another Longford person do well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement