Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Chocloate Bar that looks like a bar of gold

Options
  • 15-12-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have my secret santa thingy next week and one to the things on the wish list was gold bullion. As the limit is €10 I thought I'd get a bar of chocolate that looks like a bar of gold. Other than a Crunchie can anyone think of a bar of chocolate that looks like a bar of gold?

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

What about bags of gold money from M&S?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Faith wrote: »
    What about bags of gold money from M&S?

That could work. He did arrive at my house for a Halowe'en party dressed as a pirate (no one else was dressed up:D) so the gold coins could work.
    He has a new car too so I was going to get him furry dice too as a joke. Whatcha think?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Personally, joke gifts don't do anything for me. I'd prefer something I'd actually use. But if he's the type of person who'd get a laugh out of it, then go for it :).

Wispa Gold is another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Presumably its a work do (or if €10 for a family member *cough cheapskate *cough) so for Secret Santa it has to be a Joke Gift or people read too much into the gift.

I learned this to my detrimint when I got a handy cook book a few years back as a present for one of my colleagues but she proceeded to get paranoid as soon as gift was opened and thought everyone thought she was fat and ended up in floods of tears bringing proceedings to a close early. Thank God it was Secret although her buddy was making enquiries for ages afterwards.

Mc Vities have Gold Bar biscuits, very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Faith wrote: »
    Personally, joke gifts don't do anything for me. I'd prefer something I'd actually use. But if he's the type of person who'd get a laugh out of it, then go for it :).

Wispa Gold is another option.[/QUOTE]

Good thinking.

For €10 you're not going to get anything that is worth having that isn't a joke (unless it was €10 worth of love hearts and they would be so worth having).
    Plazaman wrote: »
    Presumably its a work do (or if €10 for a family member *cough cheapskate *cough) so for Secret Santa it has to be a Joke Gift or people read too much into the gift.

I learned this to my detrimint when I got a handy cook book a few years back as a present for one of my colleagues but she proceeded to get paranoid as soon as gift was opened and thought everyone thought she was fat and ended up in floods of tears bringing proceedings to a close early. Thank God it was Secret although her buddy was making enquiries for ages afterwards.

Mc Vities have Gold Bar biscuits, very tasty.

Thanks for the Gold Bar suggestion. Once at my work secret santa I was given a second hand cook book. There were spillages of flour etc on the pages so it was clearly second hand. The tightness of the gift made it very clear who the giver was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Hi,

I have my secret santa thingy next week and one to the things on the wish list was gold bullion. As the limit is €10 I thought I'd get a bar of chocolate that looks like a bar of gold. Other than a Crunchie can anyone think of a bar of chocolate that looks like a bar of gold?

Thanks in advance:)

Goldkenn - don't know an Irish stockist :(

f6fcae604ab932a8c4922e585284.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I saw the bags of gold coin chocolates in tescos on offer 2 weeks ago. Also saw them in a 2euro type shop in dun laoghaire, those €2 type shops often have sweets like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Goldkenn - don't know an Irish stockist :(

f6fcae604ab932a8c4922e585284.jpg

No you cant get them here, anytime Im coming through duty free my granny asks me to buy as much as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Club milks used to look like bars of gold when you removed the first layer of packaging. They might have changed the packaging since, not sure it's been a while since I've seen them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Advertisement