Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prices - Alarm only

• 15-12-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for a rough price for a hkc alarm with a gsm box. Can anyone give me a rough estimate of the price of the parts.

Four PIR needed.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ring around some of the suppliers here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

Smcgie wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Looking for a rough price for a hkc alarm with a gsm box. Can anyone give me a rough estimate of the price of the parts.

Four PIR needed.

Thanks

For a self install the suppliers will sort you out with prices. If getting it done by a registered installer look here for someone close to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

altor wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Four PIR needed.

Thanks

For a self install the suppliers will sort you out with prices. If getting it done by a registered installer look here for someone close to you.

Thanks for that. I'll ring around tomorrow. Have you a rough idea tho. Don't wanna get a shock,

200? 400? 1k?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No bells or that??
    500 -600 + vat

Thanks for that. I'll ring around tomorrow. Have you a rough idea tho. Don't wanna get a shock,

200? 400? 1k?

The GSM alone costs €320. Shop around is the best option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

altor wrote: »

200? 400? 1k?

The GSM alone costs €320. Shop around is the best option.

Last question (promise :P) can the same GSM unit be used to text the oil heating to come on / control it? Or is that a different kettle of fish?

It can. It switches an output so you will need to add a relay.
    If its remote control you want it for the Siemens 4320 might suit your needs better .It has a built in web server which lets you do anything remotly. You can also control multiple devices using X10. Much more straight forward and expandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maurice1

For my central heating,outside lighting, alarm set/unset I use an
    • arduino deuminilove,
    • Ethernet shield and a
    • relay board. connected to my router.

I connect via my internet browser on my phone.

Everything including postage to Dublin left a little change from €100

maurice1 wrote: »
    For my central heating,outside lighting, alarm set/unset I use an
    • arduino deuminilove,
    • Ethernet shield and a
    • relay board. connected to my router.

I connect via my internet browser on my phone.

Everything including postage to Dublin left a little change from €100

Interesting, any links to the products you used ?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maurice1

I based it on this
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-sprinkler-valves-wifi/step2/Arduino-Ethernet-shield/

Didn't use the wifi just the:

£16.00 arduino deuminilove,http://13cm.co.uk/shop/arduino-compatable/arduino-duemilanove/prod_53.html[/URL]

£10.99 ENC28J60 Ethernet shield http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arduino-duemilanove-UNO-Ethernet-Shield-work-ENC28J60-RJ45-LAN-Webserver-/170702819859?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopComponents_RL&hash=item27beae5213

£ 8.09 4-Channel Relay Board Module DC 12V for Arduino from ebay

It all fitted in a twin surface socket box.

On my phone i just use dyndns.org to get into my router from my phone and on my phone browser I have 3 buttons that toggle on / off.

• Advertisement

Thanks maurice1,

Will have a look into them.

Advertisement