Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giving a Kindle edition book to someone in UK/Europe

• 15-12-2011 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

I hate Christmas shopping! So I find it great to go to my kids' wishlists on Amazon and it's all done in 5 minutes.

My daughter in UK loves her Kindle, but it seems you can't "gift" a kindle edition of a book there (or in Europe or Ireland??) - but I just did!

If the same book is available in US, when you log in to your Amazon.com account you'll see a button to "gift" the title to someone else.

You don't need to have a Kindle yourself, by the way - just have an Amazon.com account.

OK - when you click the "gift" button you get the option to have the email with the information (a link and instructions) sent directly to the receiver, or sent to yourself to be forwarded, or you can print it out to hand to them. It goes to the email address you specify by the way, not their Kindle email address.

There is one catch - the receiver needs to have an Amazon.com account, since the link they get brings them to Amazon.com and they need to sign in. However this is just an Amazon.com account - they don't need to go to the hassle of setting up a kindle.com account.

My daughter did this in a matter of minutes, then once she clicked on the link in the email... the books were downloaded over WiFi. She's happy out!

Amazon do warn you that there is a possibility that the book you have gifted might not be available to the country the receiver lives in - in that case the receiver can opt to have a credit for the cost put to their Amazon.com account.

Oh - you can specify the date for delivery too - so you can absolutely have it turn up on the right day! Cool!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200555070&qid=1323957572&sr=1-1

Of course the book will be the US edition so might be American spellings etc.

Advertisement