Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Equaliser Setup

Options
  • 15-12-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I just set up monthly DD equaliser payments.

For the first four months I am to be charged the amount on my last bi-monthly bill.

This seems quite excessive as it equates to paying 8 months approximate usage in just 4 months. After this I can't imagine how the payments will equalise as my account will be significantly in credit.

Can someone explain the reasons for this and also assure me that I will not have money 'sitting' in the ESB account making interest for ESB after the initial four months?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Mullins07
    Mullins07 wrote:
    Can someone explain the reasons for this and also assure me that I will not have money 'sitting' in the ESB account making interest for ESB after the initial four months?

The monthly amount is calculated based on past usage patterns, and is reviewed every 4 months to keep in line with meter readings. This generally prevents there being any build up of credit, which, in any case, you are free to request back in the form of a refund.

If you feel the estimated monthly amount is unrealistic, please PM me your details and I can investigate the matter further. I would require the following:
    • Your full name and account number
    • Your date of birth and phone number
    • Confirmation that you are the named account holder
    Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

Hi

I am trying to get this new equaliser set up on my account aswell. Would it be possible to find out how much my monthly bills will be before I sign up. Surely it wont be the same amount per month as my last bill - which covered 2 months. Trying to get it done by email as I cant make personal phone calls when I am at work so very slow in getting any info.

Any assistance appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Nicearbhaill,

If you like, drop me a private message with your Electric Ireland account number, your name/address in full as they appear on your account, and your date of birth.

The amount would reflect your average monthly usage for this time of year.

Regards,
    Una

I set up a new equaliser plan in January this year. As my bill are always approx €75 every 2 months I set it up to pay €40 per month. This has been working out great for me until this month. I got a bill and it said my next payment by equaliser would be €57 per month. This did not make any sense at all. I rang electric Ireland customer serviced and got a very unhelpful gentleman on the phone you told me if I didn't like it just opt out of it!!! I told him I didn't want to opt out I just wanted an explanation as to why I am asked to pay well above what I would normally use. He couldn't give me any reason! I then e-mailed Electric Ireland about my problem and have still got no reply! Needless to say I am furious and am considering changing to a different provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Sinead79,

Sorry to hear of your frustration. Generally, the monthly equalizer payments are revised every four months, to keep them in line with recorded usage. I can have a look at your account for you if you like, to see how this is panning out in your case. Just PM your account details to our group inbox.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

• Advertisement
Advertisement