Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

mconigol wrote: »
    So what your saying is that the big Phil could actually end up paying people to go around to actually discourage people to pay it? Classic Phil masterstroke!

Yep.
    Sister has been offered overtime to do this job. :pac:
    The situation is just bizzare.
    She needs the money too. What for?
    Because of the governmental cuts to her low wages already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Can't wait for Sunday when a new thread appears created by someone who paid the charge bashing all those who didn't...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

dvpower wrote: »
    Does anyone know, if you need a tax clearance cert, but you haven't paid the charge, will the Revenue refuse it?

I thought it wasn't a tax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

gerryo777 wrote: »
    I thought it wasn't a tax?
    Correct Gerry, it has nothing to do with Revenue commissioners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

smash wrote: »
    donalg1 wrote: »
    Please then provide me with a link that states that the household charge will be based on the amount you originally paid for your house next year.

I asked you that already and am still waiting. So you havent answered that.

Ok Donal I'll explain very slowly how this works.... You wanted someone to explain to you how negative equity would effect you if you weren't planning on selling. Numerous examples were given and you disregarded all of them. Then I gave an example of a tax based on purchase price and subsequently said it was a far out example because you wouldn't listen to the factual ones. I never said there were plans for it or that it would happen. I specifically stated it was a far out example but you still disregarded that statement and are looking for a link which does not exist because it was a far out example. I've said far out example enough now so I hope it sinks in this time. It's really not hard to follow a thread, I fail to see how you can't keep up and how you keep blatantly ignoring people when they are actually answering you!

But youre not though really you're not. You are doing everything but answering me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Ha ha !! Do I detect a big climb down here. 40% have registered with many of them exempt and its a success ???

Wait until the deadline passes and then see the complete drop off in people registering to pay this unjust, unfair and discriminatory tax.

DON'T REGISTER / DON'T PAY.

mconigol wrote: »
    But what difference does it make to me if I dont intend to sell it? Why cant you answer that? Obviously they are worth less 180 is less than 200 but if it is worth 1 then what difference does it make if I dont intend to sell it.

I asked how negative equity affects someone in the case I used as an example and am still waiting for the answer

I did. Twice. It's not my fault if you don't understand basic finance.
    Anyone wrote: »
    Errr no...negative equity only occurs if you have a debt above the value of the house.

I didn't mention negative equity. I said your balance sheet would be affected negatively. That's nothing to do with negative equity.
    I see you've stopped arguing the point anyway, which I'll take as an admission that you've conceeded the argument - think before you post next time.

Still dizzy?? Because your not making much sense.

If it makes you happy I'll concede that 40% is a success purely because I wouldn't like you to get too lonely over there in fantasy land. It seems fairly bleak.

I do understand basic finance and that's why I know negative equity only matters when trying to sell your property. It's fairly basic.

The only other way it affects anyone is when they have to listen to fools moaning about being in negative equity despite the fact they aren't trying to sell their house therefore meaning they aren't affected by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Donal you need to learn to listen and pay attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭aisher

I'm not paying until its a charge everyone has to pay - we all use the parks, libraries etc. so why should I pay a charge just because I am a homeowner - are they going to ban non-homeowners from accessing local services?? Why am I so special??

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Because homeowners are perceived as a soft touch for new taxes.

• Advertisement

Yeah you do and while your at it learn to admit your wrong and learn to post things you can back up and only post things that you know to be true and nothing silly in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I do understand basic finance and that's why I know negative equity only matters when trying to sell your property. It's fairly basic.

The only other way it affects anyone is when they have to listen to fools moaning about being in negative equity despite the fact they aren't trying to sell their house therefore meaning they aren't affected by it.

If a person cant keep up repayments, they cant simply sell to discharge the debt completely either. Negative equity is a trap.

Yeah you do and while your at it learn to admit your wrong and learn to post things you can back up and only post things that you know to be true and nothing silly in future
    Where's the face palm smiley when you need it. That was a retort of a 5yr old. Pretty much akin to the likes of "you're wrong... Yea well so's your face"

robbie7730 wrote: »

If a person cant keep up repayments, they cant simply sell to discharge the debt completely either. Negative equity is a trap.

So negative equity comes into it then when they try to sell which is my point and has been all along so you agree with it then

Where's the face palm smiley when you need it. That was a retort of a 5yr old. Pretty much akin to the likes of "you're wrong... Yea well so's your face"

It's the same kind of a response you have been giving for a while now. Suppose it is easier than admitting your wrong or answering my questions

It's the same kind of a response you have been giving for a while now. Suppose it is easier than admitting your wrong or answering my questions
    Which question Donal? I have no idea wtf you're actually talking about now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Phil Hogan on Primetime.Wonder if he'll convince me to pay?:rolleyes:

So negative equity comes into it then when they try to sell which is my point and has been all along so you agree with it then

And if re possessed.

While massive implementation mistakes have been made for this charge in relation to payment methods, I do believe it should be paid....however, I don't believe either pensioners or those on unemployment assistance should be asked to pay...but thats an issue to be sorted out at the next general election .....I have no pity for those who can afford to pay and don't come Sunday...it's your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Yet another phonecall from Big Phil who was in tears. He complained yet again about his troops on Boards having no effect and threatening to withold payments to make them work harder. He said he rang Enda to tell him that there was very little interest from the public in the Household Tax and Enda was livid and saying that he might not come home at all. Enda now talking about a Footwear Tax again and giving out about the Lefties especially with Ming having a Dynasty called after him in China and Enda has none.

They are losing it lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

which would actually lead to the ridiculous postion of the state fighting with a bank they own for what little money is left !

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

The goverment got it wrong and have fcuked up big time.

Its a shame (or is it??) to see all these front bench ministers bitching with each other and contradicting what each other says.

Nice to "finally" see a front bencher admit today that they have made a right balls of things.

Phil Hogan (An Post fiasco) now looks like the biggest eejit of all time too.

And he cant even take responsibility for it and admit that he has made a balls of things.He goes and blames everybody else,except himself.:rolleyes:

Well done Phil,well done indeed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Buford Tannen

Because homeowners are perceived as a soft touch for new taxes.

Just like car owners

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Cicero wrote: »
    While massive implementation mistakes have been made for this charge in relation to payment methods, I do believe it should be paid....however, I don't believe either pensioners or those on unemployment assistance should be asked to pay...but thats an issue to be sorted out at the next general election .....I have no pity for those who can afford to pay and don't come Sunday...it's your call.

It will die the same death as the Five Point Plan.

And if re possessed.

Yes repossessed and subsequently sold

Which question Donal? I have no idea wtf you're actually talking about now!

I have asked you where you heard that the household charge next year will be based on the amount of a mortgage you borrowed and I have asked you to supply something showing this. So will you please answer that question now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

paddy147 wrote: »
    The goverment got it wrong and have fcuked up big time.

Its a shame (or is it??) to see all these front bench ministers bitching with each other and contradicting what each other says.

Nice to "finally" see a front bencher admit today that they have made a right balls of things.

Phil Hogan (An Post fiasco) now looks like the biggest eejit of all time too.

And he cant even take responsibility for it and admit that he has made a balls of things.He goes and blames everybody else,except himself.:rolleyes:

Well done Phil,well done indeed.:D

:D
    Welcome back Paddy!

Big Phil has been a big question mark in the FG camp exactly.
    He's a sign of uncertainty yet righteousness also.

He's currently being seen as a millstone around the govt's neck, and has made a pigs ear of this whole fiasco from start to (almost) finish.

If I was big Phil, I'd be worried about my job right now.......

Edit..... Na, actually just seen his guaranteed pension........ He'll not be on beans and toast, that's for sure.

So reposessed and sold by the bank, leaving the owner with 100k debt, is the same as the owner only being affected when he tries to sell the house?

It will die the same death as the Five Point Plan.

I don't believe so.:)

It's worth too much....by next year all processes will be in place - online, post office, forms- just like the car tax - the biggest issue with this tax is not the principle of it....but the fact that "The People" feel aggrieved that proper communication and administration was not put in place ....and so we should feel that way..If the government do a U turn on this, the will loose over a Billion Euro in a 6 year period...not a move likely to happen IMO

• Advertisement

So reposessed and sold by the bank, leaving the owner with 100k debt, is the same as the owner only being affected when he tries to sell the house?

No I said negative equity only comes into it when the property is being sold. So don't bother trying to twist my words

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement