Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

donalg1 wrote: »
    smash wrote: »
    It's the same kind of a response you have been giving for a while now. Suppose it is easier than admitting your wrong or answering my questions
    Which question Donal? I have no idea wtf you're actually talking about now!

I have asked you where you heard that the household charge next year will be based on the amount of a mortgage you borrowed and I have asked you to supply something showing this. So will you please answer that question now?

Well I'm still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Cicero wrote: »
    I don't believe so.:)

It's worth too much....by next year all processes will be in place - online, post office, forms- just like the car tax - the biggest issue with this tax is not the principle of it....but the fact that "The People" feel aggrieved that proper communication and administration was not put in place ....and so we should feel that way..If the government do a U turn on this, the will loose over a Billion Euro in a 6 year period...not a move likely to happen IMO

Don't figure:confused:

How many BILLIONS have they lost to unsecured bondholders at the press of a button, which certainly happened a bit quicker than over 'six years'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

No I said negative equity only comes into it when the property is being sold. So don't bother trying to twist my words

I dont need to twist words. You said negative equity only matters when a person is trying to sell.

In repossessions, people are not trying to sell. Maybe the bank will be more reluctant to repossess a negative equity home though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ghandee wrote: »
    :D
    Welcome back Paddy!

Big Phil has been a big question mark in the FG camp exactly.
    He's a sign of uncertainty yet righteousness also.

He's currently being seen as a millstone around the govt's neck, and has made a pigs ear of this whole fiasco from start to (almost) finish.

If I was big Phil, I'd be worried about my job right now.......

Edit..... Na, actually just seen his guaranteed pension........ He'll not be on beans and toast, that's for sure.

Its good to be back.:D

paddy147 wrote: »
    Its good to be back.:D

Good to have ye back:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Cicero wrote: »
    I don't believe either pensioners or those on unemployment assistance should be asked to pay...

These groups of people most often have more disposable income than anyone else!

robbie7730 wrote: »
    No I said negative equity only comes into it when the property is being sold. So don't bother trying to twist my words

I dont need to twist words. You said negative equity only matters when a person is trying to sell.

In repossessions, people are not trying to sell. Maybe the bank will be more reluctant to repossess a negative equity home though.

So you are twisting my words then ok. Tell me how negative equity matters if the property isn't being sold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

issue on primetime now for those interested !

:)

It's the same kind of a response you have been giving for a while now. Suppose it is easier than admitting your wrong or answering my questions
    Which question Donal? I have no idea wtf you're actually talking about now!

I have asked you where you heard that the household charge next year will be based on the amount of a mortgage you borrowed and I have asked you to supply something showing this. So will you please answer that question now?

Well I'm still waiting.

Hello are you there smash or are you gone again. I'm sure you will be back tomorrow with some more crazy claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Primetime is on about it now...

• Advertisement

So its now An Posts fault,according to Phil Hogan.

FFS,has he got any balls on him to say he got it wrong and that he is SORRY.

"typical irish fashion "

jays phil, contain the contempt .

your in enough hot water over this as it is !

spoofing about the troika again. hasnt the balls to say its FG/LAB decision

:D

Wtf is this lad looking for an extension for people have had three months to understand the payment process it's hardly f***ing rocket science. What a chump

theres goes the ring fencing for public services !

admin comes out of this too.

by the way, whens the last time anyone saw a road sweeper in their estate/area?

i havent seen one since the 80s !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

gerryo777 wrote: »
    These groups of people most often have more disposable income than anyone else!

Those on unemployment assistance or those on a state pension have more disposable income than anyone else?????

I'd really like to see the figures behind that argument.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Over 8500 posts here and god knows how many other threads on this...........
    I for one cannot wait for the end of the month for this deadline to pass and this rubbish to be finished with. As soon as this charge was mentioned i assumed it would be charged to peoples electricity bill and i still cannot understand why they left it to people to be honest enough to register...
    Now fianna fail are asking for an extension to help those who havent paid (due to lack of info on the process).... Come off it..! Everyone has known about this for at least 3 months and are well aware of what is required. The fact that the onus is on people to pay it has led to some absolute rubbish being spouted from all quarters... Ive had more leaflets through the door about not paying this charge and campaigns or marches being planned to boycott it....

Its time for the government to lay down a marker with this.
    - the late fines are a joke, people can well afford to sit it out until they are forced to pay
    - people are sick of paying charges when they see a certain element not paying any tax

the government need to be cruel to be kind here.. Property taxes are common in other euro countries - they arent implementing something off the wall. This tax needs to be brought in to steady the ship. Payment should be enforced not left for people to decide what is best for the country. They will never please everyone so should just remove all indecision from the equation. Fianna fail threw cash at everyone and anything so long as they remained in government. It just shows the unpopular decisions need to be made to run a balanced economy. Europe are paying our wages right now - they want the tax implemented and we are in no position to argue.
    The governments biggest mistake here was to leave this open to interpretation from every angle.... The softly softly approach is no use to the country anymore. Get this tax in and lets show some direction. We are wasting too much time arguing about this..

Quote from Phil Hogan on Primetime........

"We have done 12 months work in just 4 months"

Yep,Phil,you have done 12 months worth of "fcuk ups" in just 4 months.

Well done Phil,keep it up,keep on fooling yourself..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I have answered that question numerous times and told you that I can't supply a link that does not exist based on fact that I stated a fictional "out there" scenario which I reiterated continuously just 2/3 replies ago. Have you bothered to read any replies? You're making yourself look beyond foolish at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Did I just hear him say that it is put into one big pot and then distributed to local authorities?

So you are twisting my words then ok. Tell me how negative equity matters if the property isn't being sold

Well originally you said it only affects owners trying to sell.

Now its something that only matters when a house is being sold you say.

There is a little bit of difference between an owner trying to sell, and a bank taking the house off them to sell it themselves.

Also, a negative equity of 100k cant be a comfortable feeling for anyone. Options are reduced. I bet it does effect people that are not immediately planning to sell, but for some not in the situation, its easy to say it does not come into anything unless actually selling.

• Advertisement

jluv wrote: »
    Did I just hear him say that it is put into one big pot and then distributed to local authorities?

going into the same pot as motor tax !

jesus thats as good as saying fup all of it will be spent in your local area.

feck all of the motor tax take goes on the roads.

jluv wrote: »

But he doesnt know how much of the 100 euro fee will actually go to local services.

He hasnt got a bloody clue,and that was the proof right there,if ever proof was needed.We all saw and heard it on Primetime.:D

Well I'm still waiting.
    Hello are you there smash or are you gone again. I'm sure you will be back tomorrow with some more crazy claims.

Again, making yourself look beyond foolish.

Now read this slowly, before you ask the question again.
    Ok Donal I'll explain very slowly how this works.... You wanted someone to explain to you how negative equity would effect you if you weren't planning on selling. Numerous examples were given and you disregarded all of them. Then I gave an example of a tax based on purchase price and subsequently said it was a far out example because you wouldn't listen to the factual ones. I never said there were plans for it or that it would happen. I specifically stated it was a far out example but you still disregarded that statement and are looking for a link which does not exist because it was a far out example. I've said far out example enough now so I hope it sinks in this time. It's really not hard to follow a thread, I fail to see how you can't keep up and how you keep blatantly ignoring people when they are actually answering you!

paddy147 wrote: »
    But he doesnt know how much of the 100 euro fee will actually go to local services.

He hasnt got a bloody clue,and that was the proof right there,if ever proof was needed.We all saw and heard it on Primetime.:D

Feck i missed it, i guess im just going to have to keep trusting phil:eek:

I have answered that question numerous times and told you that I can't supply a link that does not exist based on fact that I stated a fictional "out there" scenario which I reiterated continuously just 2/3 replies ago. Have you bothered to read any replies? You're making yourself look beyond foolish at this stage.

So in other words you made it up and I am the one that looks foolish? Ok then. Please stop making things up on future ok smash then we won't have a problem

robbie7730 wrote: »

Well originally you said it only affects owners trying to sell.

Now its something that only matters when a house is being sold you say.

There is a little bit of difference between an owner trying to sell, and a bank taking the house off them to sell it themselves.

Also, a negative equity of 100k cant be a comfortable feeling for anyone. Options are reduced. I bet it does effect people that are not immediately planning to sell, but for some not in the situation, its easy to say it does not come into anything unless actually selling.

It's easy to say because it's true. Whether they are thinking about selling or actually trying to sell has the same affect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Over 8500 posts here and god knows how many other threads on this...........
    I for one cannot wait for the end of the month for this deadline to pass and this rubbish to be finished with. As soon as this charge was mentioned i assumed it would be charged to peoples electricity bill and i still cannot understand why they left it to people to be honest enough to register...
    Now fianna fail are asking for an extension to help those who havent paid (due to lack of info on the process).... Come off it..! Everyone has known about this for at least 3 months and are well aware of what is required. The fact that the onus is on people to pay it has led to some absolute rubbish being spouted from all quarters... Ive had more leaflets through the door about not paying this charge and campaigns or marches being planned to boycott it....

Its time for the government to lay down a marker with this.
    - the late fines are a joke, people can well afford to sit it out until they are forced to pay
    - people are sick of paying charges when they see a certain element not paying any tax

the government need to be cruel to be kind here.. Property taxes are common in other euro countries - they arent implementing something off the wall. This tax needs to be brought in to steady the ship. Payment should be enforced not left for people to decide what is best for the country. They will never please everyone so should just remove all indecision from the equation. Fianna fail threw cash at everyone and anything so long as they remained in government. It just shows the unpopular decisions need to be made to run a balanced economy. Europe are paying our wages right now - they want the tax implemented and we are in no position to argue.
    The governments biggest mistake here was to leave this open to interpretation from every angle.... The softly softly approach is no use to the country anymore. Get this tax in and lets show some direction. We are wasting too much time arguing about this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Ok Donal I'll explain very slowly how this works....
    How does one explain something slowly in a post?:confused: Did you type in your explanation slowly or what?

dvpower wrote: »
    Ok Donal I'll explain very slowly how this works....
    How does one explain something slowly in a post?:confused: Did you type in your explanation slowly or what?

Maybe he meant for me to read it slowly!! It's hard to understand him at times he doesn't always type what he means to say. And half the time he just makes stuff up!

• Advertisement

So in other words you made it up and I am the one that looks foolish? Ok then. Please stop making things up on future ok smash then we won't have a problem
    No, in other words, I stated a fictional scenario and told you as such and you kept asking for proof. So yes, you do look foolish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement