Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

paddy147 wrote: »
    Talking back to a mod,isnt the wizest thing to do sometimes.

Sometimes,you just need to know when to stop and comply.

Trust me,I know.:D

Still, its a pity lads get banned, whichever side they are on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

hondasam wrote: »
    Has anyone here changed their minds and paid or will pay before Saturday?

No, not a hope in hell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Still, its a pity lads get banned, whichever side they are on.

Ah sure Im no angel myself.

I have previous history,thats all I willl say.:pac::D

Ah sure Im no angel myself.

I have previous history,thats all I willl say.:pac::D

Well, your talking to the right man there:D

Right Im off to my bed now.

And I wont be able to sleep either,because Im in so much fear and terror of Phil Hogan bashing down my front door demanding 100 euro off me.:pac::pac::D:D

Nite folks.

• Advertisement

Right Im off to my bed now.

And I wont be able to sleep either,because Im in so much fear and terror of Phil Hogan bashing down my front door demanding 100 euro off me.:pac::pac::D:D

Nite folks.

It wont be phil though, it will be just some chancer pretending they are collecting for local services.
    O wait.......

It wont be phil though, it will be just some chancer pretending they are collecting for local services.
    O wait.......

My reply will be that........ "you can invoice me on an official headed paper/letter from the revenue commisioners".;):pac:

Or else "fcuk off".:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

After tonights shambolic attempts on Primetime by Phil Hogan.......

Does anyone actually believe a word that he is saying???

Personally,I think he is talking more and more rubbish and also looking to hang someone else out to dry,in order to save his own bacon.

His whole attitude has changed,even on tonights Primetime,he looked like and sounded like a man who knew/knows he was and is staring defeat in the face.

Fair play to Richard Crowley for absolutely grilling him,making him squirm so much and forcing him to admit he doesnt know his figures.

Oh and Phil,well done on blaming An Post,even though its been proved that An Post put a payment plan to you back in August 2011.

I mean your own FG TDs and councilers have lost faith in you and dont believe anything you say or threaten people with now.

So keep on telling yourself that its everyone elses fault bar yours,and you might just believe it.

Plus after his latest threat to send council workers door to door, regina doherty said in the report segment, its not the job of unelected council workers to knock on peoples doors listen to people and take abuse.

My reply will be that........ "you can invoice me on an official headed paper/letter from the revenue commisioners".;):pac:

Or else "fcuk off".:D

Well my meaning was, even if it is hogan himself, its still a chancer.

Am Chile wrote: »
    ...its not the job of unelected council workers to knock on peoples doors listen to people and take abuse.

...And that point is now being hammered home by the unions also.
    The sister and her co-workers were informed in the last few days, that they don't have to go out on collection warnings if they don't want to - even if ordered to.
    Its not in their work contract nor is it a normal expected duty for office staff.
    Besides the possible risk of harm from a rare irate person, it's outside their remit as office staff.
    If they get reprimanded or sacked for refusing, the unions are going to have a field day with then further protest strikes along with fellow council workers, possibly the country over, besides more actual court cases for the government for unfair treatment in the work place or unfair dismissal.

So the government at local level will have to hire more separate staff, to do just the door to door stuff, it looks like.

• Advertisement

Vincent Brown was rather funny tonight.

The FG representitive got absolutely blasted out of the water by Vincent and the rest of the panel.

I kinda pittyed him,but then again not,as he was trying to defend Enda Kenny and FG Party,and all the lies that they have told so far.

Could you just imagine the fun Vincent Brown would have with either Phil or Enda if he could get either/or both to go on the show.:D:D

Well my meaning was, even if it is hogan himself, its still a chancer.

I could call him alot more and alot worse than that here,but I dont want to get banned.....again.:D

I could call him alot more and alot worse than that here,but I dont want to get banned.....again.:D

Ban that trouble maker:)

nite folks,bed time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Did any of them say "stop haranguing me!" ?

Vincent can tear into these lads all he likes, they can even be convinced and admit they are wrong if they are in a bad spot but they are so rubber-necked the next day they'll just go into the Dail and do what they were going to do anyway because the Troika told them or whatever other reason

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Stand up for yourself now then. FFS.

I am standing up now for myself and others in this country and I am not trying to hide below the radar.

As Phil himself might say:
    I Am paying this charge because my circumstances allow it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

OK - I lost contact with this thread for reasons in dispute :D

So, it's going down and downer for Big Phil and his Fascist Regime?

Ain't that a surprise? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

As a middle-earner, I'll happily pay temporarily increased income taxes until we're out of this mess. I'm not a homeowner so I wouldn't be paying any property tax but I, like many, don't want to see a country where such an open-ended tax can be applied on a person's home. What part of this do this quickly degenerating government not f**king understand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Wild Bill wrote: »
    OK - I lost contact with this thread for reasons in dispute :D

So, it's going down and downer for Big Phil and his Fascist Regime?

Ain't that a surprise? :cool:

Don't worry, your credibilty as a poster has remained unchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Phil on newstalk in a minute

• Advertisement

Quote of the day, from the past....
    We believe it is economic nonsense, when unemployment is so high and private investment has collapsed, to cut back on productive public investment. We cannot keep chasing the economy down by simply focusing on raised taxes/decreased Government spending. (Fine Gael, NewEra, 2009: 4)
    http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/column-the-last-thing-ireland-–-and-europe-–-needs-is-more-austerity/

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

coup1917 wrote: »

Its time for the government to lay down a marker with this.
    - . Europe are paying our wages right now -

They may be paying yours but there not paying mine. I have no cushy job for life with a gold plated pension...I would have to borrow to pay this and its in a long queue of borrowings that take priority. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

as a fool that paid up- i was delighted to receive a "Final Notice" in the post yesterday. a lovely card printed in high quality color, would have served them better to save money on those that had paid.

hondasam wrote: »
    Has anyone here changed their minds and paid or will pay before Saturday?

No! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

I think this is up there with the Bruce Springsteen/Bono photgraph urban legend but since I'm not "up on the law" so to speak I can't say for sure.

phil1nj wrote: »
    I think this is up there with the Bruce Springsteen/Bono photgraph urban legend but since I'm not "up on the law" so to speak I can't say for sure.

Thats been proven to be false. The company involved have disassociated themselves from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

donalg1 wrote: »
    I do understand basic finance and that's why I know negative equity only matters when trying to sell your property. It's fairly basic.

The only other way it affects anyone is when they have to listen to fools moaning about being in negative equity despite the fact they aren't trying to sell their house therefore meaning they aren't affected by it.

I did not mention negative equity.

If the value of any your assets falls, no matter what it is, you're negatively affected because you are worth less. Clearly you don't understand this if you think this is the same as negative equity.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Thats been proven to be false. The company involved have disassociated themselves from it.

Thanks for letting me know. A mate of mine now owes me a tenner:D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pache

Well i have payed and hopefully everyone else will too.
    It is irionic when you hear the trade union bosses coming out
    and urging their members not to pay.Those same trade union bosses on €100,000/120,000 p/a,living in houses that eventually will attract the highest rates,(similar to that in lets say nothern ireland,avg.£10,000)and they urging people not to pay as if they give a toss.Their only worried about their own pockets.
    I didnt hear these guys coming out in protest when allowances for the disabeled or the carers allowance was cut,no,because this did not affect them but now theres a good chance to get some real money off them and low and behold,their worried about their members,....my arse!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

anyone know how many have paid to date?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement