Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

But the clowns who do pay will lose 1000's more when the try and sell a property with an annual lifetime tax attached to it

So you would rather buy one with a bill of thousands owing on it. Anyway the issue won't arise in either case since the legal professionals acting for the vendor and the buyer are themselves open to prosecution if they break the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 THE SECRET COVENENT

To ALL you poor sods that payed!!, And those who are thinking about it.

So you decided to pay tax on something you already own!! HMMMMM???
    When will you decide your not paying it any more?, when it reaches 1000, 2000, 3000, Euros + ???? Well "YOU" can't refuse to pay NOW, if you have entered into an agreement with the government!!!! . Your ONLY hope now is that enough people with a backbone will fight to have this unlawful tax abolished.. The 100 Euro is only a token fee to trick you into registering.. Obviously you did'nt think this through.
    It's simple as follows:-
    A.. The corporation and Co. Conncils are registered companies, (See Company Law).
    B.. A company can'not force you into a contract (by law) without your concent, hence the heavy persuasion by the government!!!.
    C.. By Law, YOU can'not be prosicuted for breaking a contract that you have NOT ("REGISTERED") i.e. entered into in the first place. i.e. CONTRACT DOES'NT EXIST.
    D.. YOU sign YOU suffer!!! If you enter into an agreement to pay tax on your property, then that property is no longer "YOUR'S" FACT!!!!!!!!!!!..
    "Prove it!!!" I hear you say!!!
    O.K. 1. In a few years when you really are SKINT and have NO money to pay the ever increasing tax that you blindly walked into, what do YOU think the government will say when you tell them you cant aford the tax????. They'll let it run for a set number of years and most likely force you through the courts to sell your home to cover what YOU owe them plus penalties ect, etc. Think they won't? THINK AGAIN!!!!
    2. Assuming against all the odds this country did get back on its feet say, five years from now. Try going to the government and telling them, "The countrys fine now so I'd like to unregister for tax now".. Where do you think they'll tell you to go???????.
    Ask yourself these simple questions before you sign the RIGHTS of YOUR property over to E.U./IMF Puppets :-
    1.. How long did I pay my mortgage for, or will I be paying it for???
    2.. How many thousands of Euros did, or am I paying for my house???
    3.. How hard did, or am I working to have a home I can call MY OWN???
    4.. How many things did I sacrifice to have a home without having to keep PAYING for it
    5.. Now ask yourself!!. How many " MINUTES" does it take to register into an agreement that can be chopped and changed WITHOUT my concent and will leave me in a situation where I will never be guaranteed the security of my own home for the rest of my life????.
    The choice is "YOURS" Happy New Year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

But the clowns who do pay will lose 1000's more when the try and sell a property with an annual lifetime tax attached to it

The tax will be payable on the property for a new purchaser irrespective of whether the previous owner was tax compliant or a criminal.

You can apply a yield of your choosing and apply it to the amount (or indeed likely future amount of the household charge / property tax) and deduct it off the capital value of all houses now.

The only difference that will apply between people who have paid it and those who havn't, is that the latter category will find that there is a charge (representing the tax due and penalties and interest thereon) sitting on the property. Unlikely that this will be a material problem as most of them will have been traced and forced to pay their arrears one way or another in advance of sale anyway.

When will you decide your not paying it any more?, when it reaches 1000, 2000, 3000, Euros + ???? Well "YOU" can't refuse to pay NOW, if you have entered into an agreement with the government!!!! . Your ONLY hope now is that enough people with a backbone will fight to have this unlawful tax abolished.. The 100 Euro is only a token fee to trick you into registering.. Obviously you did'nt think this through.
    A.. The corporation and Co. Conncils are registered companies, (See Company Law).
    B.. A company can'not force you into a contract (by law) without your concent, hence the heavy persuasion by the government!!!.
    C.. By Law, YOU can'not be prosicuted for breaking a contract that you have NOT ("REGISTERED") i.e. entered into in the first place. i.e. CONTRACT DOES'NT EXIST.
    D.. YOU sign YOU suffer!!! If you enter into an agreement to pay tax on your property, then that property is no longer "YOUR'S" FACT!!!!!!!!!!!..
    O.K. 1. In a few years when you really are SKINT and have NO money to pay the ever increasing tax that you blindly walked into, what do YOU think the government will say when you tell them you cant aford the tax????. They'll let it run for a set number of years and most likely force you through the courts to sell your home to cover what YOU owe them plus penalties ect, etc. Think they won't? THINK AGAIN!!!!
    2. Assuming against all the odds this country did get back on its feet say, five years from now. Try going to the government and telling them, "The countrys fine now so I'd like to unregister for tax now".. Where do you think they'll tell you to go???????.
    Ask yourself these simple questions before you sign the RIGHTS of YOUR property over to E.U./IMF Puppets :-
    4.. How many things did I sacrifice to have a home without having to keep PAYING for it
    5.. Now ask yourself!!. How many " MINUTES" does it take to register into an agreement that can be chopped and changed WITHOUT my concent and will leave me in a situation where I will never be guaranteed the security of my own home for the rest of my life????.

Any word back from your contact in the Law Society about the part of the Act dealing with the sale of properties?

Am Chile wrote: »
    Yeah sure its only 36.5 cent a day ,sure its only less then a two euros a week now, it will be very Interesting to see if you will still be singing from the same hymm sheet, if they succeed with it, and Increase it to a 1,000 a week combined with water charges.

http://www.laois-nationalist.ie/tabId/153/itemId/12052/Stop-the-taxes.aspx

Which a €1,000 a year would work out at €19.23 a week, meaning it would be €2.74 a day,you would be asked to pay, like I said if they succeed with this household tax, if it jumps its real amounts it be very Interesting to see you sing from the same hymm sheet then.

I note your failure to respond to the responses you rec'd on the refuse and poll tax. Funny that;)

• Advertisement

bossdrum wrote: »
    For all the people who are running to pay this tax as quick as they can because its the law, can ye please tell me at what point would enough be enough?

Is there any point at which ye would not pay or are all these people in the civil/public service and continue to get increments that will rely on the rest of us to keep paying increased taxes?

Unfortunately, enough won't be enough until the exchequer Income and Expenditure figures are back in balance.

Based on some of the figures quoted earlier in this thread, I guess that is when collective tax increases and expenditure cuts of c. 18 bn have happened (unless a lot of economic growth is magic'ed up from somewhere).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Let me know where I can get the free refuse collection now?

As far as I can see everyone pays for it now. Also the whole service has been privitised and I see projections that the average household refuse collection will rise to c.1,000 in the coming years?

As far as I am aware, people in general had to pay retrospectively to have their service re-instated.

That was a fair old win for Higgins, Daly and Co alright (if that was what they were aiming for). Pity they weren't left in Jail if you ask me.

Have you seen me arguing directing against the bin charges? show me one post where I said I was directly against the bin charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I'm renting so the landlord will have to pay.

Any word back from your contact in the Law Society about the part of the Act dealing with the sale of properties?

So your solution is to allow it accrue as a charge on your house at extremely punitive interest rates? 42% for the first year. Pretty expensive way of financing yourself if you ask me.

What are your proposals to close the gap in the public finances or do you have any grasp on the imperative to do so at all? Maybe you think public services and infrastructure just fall out of the sky? You know those places that kids go to get educated, or the places (bad and all as they are) that people go when they are sick, who do you think should pay for those?

Have you seen me arguing directing against the bin charges? show me one post where I said I was directly against the bin charges?

Apologies, thought you had cited the demonstration against bin charges as an example of how you can beat city hall. Must have mis-read you. couldn't be bothered going back reading through the tripe that half the people on this thread are posting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

So, has there actually been any official communication that this is to be paid an how its to be paid?

As far as I know its only word of mouth and the website. I don't know if they will issue letters saying it has to be paid but id imagine they will in time. I signed up for DD and I got a letter confiring it on headed paper so id say each household will get the same headed paper.

You are missing one thing. Once your mortgage is paid the house is yours. Deeds are yours. Government wont own it. You will. You paid your mortgage and thats it. This charge will not entitle the government to own your house or will stop someone from calling their home their own. Now grow up and stop trying to break the law.

Gareth2011 wrote: »
    As far as I know its only word of mouth and the website. I don't know if they will issue letters saying it has to be paid but id imagine they will in time. I signed up for DD and I got a letter confiring it on headed paper so id say each household will get the same headed paper.

No individual communication of the liability. It's self declaration.

Apologies, thought you had cited the demonstration against bin charges as an example of how you can beat city hall. Must have mis-read you. couldn't be bothered going back reading through the tripe that half the people on this thread are posting.

You re either lying on purpose, or as you said misread me, here,s my post you refer to, nowhere in that post did I say the anti bin charges campaign beat city hall.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76367470&postcount=824

Hi dxhound 2005
    No I havent spoken to him since, he'' a friend of my brothers who I don't see that often.
    Re the resale tax cert,,
    I would imagin if you did'nt enter into a contract in the first place, they most probably cant impose a bill for unpaid taxes on a contract that doesnt exist.
    In other words, this could make the houses that are not registered for tax become worth far more than those that are registered for tax, as the purchaser could decide to keep it unregistered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lt. Frank Drebin

I'm going to pay it, but do we have to do all the work and pay it or will they send out a letter like paying car tax???

I'm going to pay it, but do we have to do all the work and pay it or will they send out a letter like paying car tax???

I got letter to say I had signed up to DD (self declaration). Bishop Donal says its only self declaration no paperwork will be issued but will see what happens. If you want to register its householdcharge.ie

TBH, easiest way of doing it is online.

www.householdcharge.ie

As someone else said, it's not the most user friendly system ever, but it takes 10 or 15 mins and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

that pretty weak from a lagal standpoint no?

If I didnt pay and ended up in front of a judge I could clearly say that I would have paid but was never oficially directed on how to pay or by when.
    For all I or anyone else knows the property tax website is something some conartist slapped up. Im not really willing to pay on a random site without official say so.

I'm renting so the landlord will have to pay.

How wrong you are on that one.
    LANDLORDS have said they will pass on the €100 household charge to their tenants.
    Chairman Stephen Faughnan said they have been stretched too far with previous levies imposed on them.

"It is unfortunate that we are forced to pass on these charges,

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/landlords-will-pass-on-the-euro100-household-charge-to-tenants-following-introduction-in-budget-2965638.html

I also suggest you read this post by someone here who happens to be a landlord.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76340253&postcount=731

• Advertisement

Why would anyone risk going to jail for refusing to pay this? I certainly wouldnt risk it for €100.

Probably cost more if you needed legal representation in court?

Some people still think they are on their own, if they don,t pay the household tax, far from it, the anti household tax will be giving legal representation to all non payers, you might think its only a €100 now, I suggest you read my post in the below link

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76373970&postcount=838

You re either lying on purpose, or as you said misread me, here,s my post you refer to, nowhere in that post did I say the anti bin charges campaign beat city hall.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76367470&postcount=824

Yes, I misread it.

I think someone else was prattling on about bin charges & I must have assumed that the inference was that the campaign against bin charges worked (which it clearly didn't).

Getting to the actual content of that post:

Protests against water charges will ultimately fail. They are a necessity and will be introduced. Mark me down.

Hi dxhound 2005
    No I havent spoken to him since, he'' a friend of my brothers who I don't see that often.
    Re the resale tax cert,,
    I would imagin if you did'nt enter into a contract in the first place, they most probably cant impose a bill for unpaid taxes on a contract that doesnt exist.
    In other words, this could make the houses that are not registered for tax become worth far more than those that are registered for tax, as the purchaser could decide to keep it unregistered.
    The government must be really ****TING themselves, I notice they have a higher number of stooges than usual coming on the internet lately.
    All trying to push people into registering for tax while slandering the oppisition.
    Who in their right mind would want to pay this ualawful tax.
    MORE IMPORTANT why are the same names popping up everywhere trying to support it ??????
    By the way GARETH2011,
    Regards Deeds, You only get COPPIES, the government holds the ORIGIONALS . Why is that ????
    Also, these days its the government who is breaking the law by going against the will of the people.
    Plus they appear to be making their own laws up as they go along.

Hi dxhound 2005
    Re the resale tax cert,,

And I would imagine a lot of work by lawyers went into drafting the Act.

http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/bills28/bills/2011/7411/b7411s.pdf

It should be simple enough for him to confirm to you that what you imagine is actually the case. Please let us know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Hi dxhound 2005
    Re the resale tax cert,,
    The government must be really ****TING themselves, I notice they have a higher number of stooges than usual coming on the internet lately.
    All trying to push people into registering for tax while slandering the oppisition.
    Who in their right mind would want to pay this ualawful tax.
    MORE IMPORTANT why are the same names popping up everywhere trying to support it ??????
    By the way GARETH2011,
    Regards Deeds, You only get COPPIES, the government holds the ORIGIONALS . Why is that ????
    Also, these days its the government who is breaking the law by going against the will of the people.
    Plus they appear to be making their own laws up as they go along.

Do you really expect to be taken seriously when your posts read like the populist ramblings of a half illiterate buffoon?

It isn't an "illegal" tax because it has already been passed into law. You can't just declare things you don't personally agree with to be illegal.

I got letter to say I had signed up to DD (self declaration). Bishop Donal says its only self declaration no paperwork will be issued but will see what happens. If you want to register its householdcharge.ie
    Cheers,thanks for that. :-)

TBH, easiest way of doing it is online.

www.householdcharge.ie

As someone else said, it's not the most user friendly system ever, but it takes 10 or 15 mins and that's it.
    Cheers, thanks for the info :-) I'll look it up an get it done an over with!!! :-(

Do you really expect to be taken seriously when your posts read like the populist ramblings of a half illiterate buffoon?

It isn't an "illegal" tax because it has already been passed into law. You can't just declare things you don't personally agree with to be illegal.

:D:D:D:D:D

Be careful or he might seek concent from his friend in the Law society to prosecute you!!

OOOOUUUUU Whose an angry boy then??? Touch on a sore point did I?????
    SCARED more people will refuse to register when they find out that although it's not technically ILLEGAL, It IS VERRY UNLAWFUL>!!!!!!!!

Read it again DICK-HEAD I never used the word ILLEGAL I said UNLAWFUL and if you lot in the government can't tell the difference then I'm not going to explain it to you.
    And on wonder we're in this mess.!!!!!¬!¬

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

OOOOUUUUU Whose an angry boy then??? Touch on a sore point did I?????
    SCARED more people will refuse to register when they find out that although it's not technically ILLEGAL, It IS VERRY UNLAWFUL>!!!!!!!!

Read it again DICK-HEAD I never used the word ILLEGAL I said UNLAWFUL and if you lot in the government can't tell the difference then I'm not going to explain it to you.
    And on wonder we're in this mess.!!!!!¬!¬

Banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement