Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭The Quadratic Equation

K-9 wrote: »
    Politician lying shocker. Voters in shock about politicians lying shocker!

You're right, its all the idiotic ordinary Irish peoples fault for actually having the gaul to expect an honest person to go into Irish politics.
    Aaahhhh sure ye know how it tis, wink wink, nudge nudge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

You're right, its all the idiotic ordinary Irish peoples fault for actually having the gaul to expect an honest person to go into Irish politics.
    Aaahhhh sure ye know how it tis, wink wink, nudge nudge.

Any politician who told it like it is wouldn't get elected in the first place - you end up with the politicians you deserve.

- you end up with the politicians you deserve.

So tell us, which one did you deserve ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well, I don't recall calling anyone a 'goon'.

You however ....

Surprised you haven't picked up a ban with the personalised nature of your posts. You should play the ball, not the man.
    Was any of that untrue ? Don't think so. Most of it is my opinion and that is what these boards are for, voicing opinions.
    By the way my opinions are in the majority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Wow, Took me ages to read through all the posts.
    To answer the thhread posted Yes I am , actually I already have.
    I've lived abroad and paying a household tax and indeed an occupancy tax is not unusual.
    The problem is it should have been introduced years ago, now people resent it.
    Anyway the way it has been framed it will have to be paid eventually because it and the penaltys that come with are a charge on the property, so paying now is cheaper in the long run.
    mikom wrote: »
    Hello Ian64
    Well this guy was a giggle.

Bye bye Ian64

Everyone who agrees with the concept of broadening our tax base is a 'lackey' or a 'sheeple' apparently.

I wondered after reading Democratic Rights post how long it would take one of ye to brand him - well you didn't disapoint Galtee.

Seems like when you've run out of arguments (actually, I don't think you ever really had any did you?), you resort to the name calling and cheap sloganeering.

Eat up.

• Advertisement

Bye bye Ian64

I knew that straight away. Bye bye Ian. What do you think now Francis ?

Was any of that untrue ?

I'd imagine pretty much all of it, yes. Except for the re-reg dude.
    Most of it is my opinion and that is what these boards are for, voicing opinions.

Actually, all of it was childish name calling, because you were unable to come up with any counter-argument.

Oh, we'll, you must be right so, well done, you've won the whole argument :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

:rolleyes:

"If the wind changes direction, your eyes will stay like that."

I'd imagine pretty much all of it, yes. Except for the re-reg dude.

Actually, all of it was childish name calling, because you were unable to come up with any counter-argument.

Oh, we'll, you must be right so, well done, you've won the whole argument :rolleyes:

I stand by my comments Francis AND i'm still not paying.

BTW, you can either argue that your opponents are sheeple, or that you have a majority opinion, to do both makes you look just a tad silly.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Bye bye Ian64
    Now banned from the politics section too!
    ...And rightly so!

BTW, you can either argue that your opponents are sheeple, or that you have a majority opinion, to do both makes you look just a tad silly.

It hurts to see the percentage rising too.

It hurts to see the percentage rising too.

When AH speaks - Governments tremble.

When AH speaks - Governments tremble.

They would be right to tremble.
    They were elected on a platform of lies and deceit and no different from the last shower at all. Even more arrogant than F.F. though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Apologies if this was posted already. There will be a publicity campaign next month about the charge and every household will get a leaflet delivered. 45,000 paid by Jan 19 up from 30,000 Jan 11.

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/category/household-charge

I just think that is worth repeating.

It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home.

Slick50 wrote: »
    I just think that is worth repeating.

You need to tell the people that you are quoting Enda from 1994.

"It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home" - Enda Kenny, 1994

It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home.

You need to tell the people that you are quoting Enda from 1994.

Why?

Slick50 wrote: »
    Why?

Because as far as corrupt vested intrests are concerned truth and morality always has a sell by date.

Welcome to corrupt politics Irish style

Lies however are always in fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Apologies if this was posted already. There will be a publicity campaign next month about the charge and every household will get a leaflet delivered. 45,000 paid by Jan 19 up from 30,000 Jan 11.

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/category/household-charge
    Yea, 30,000 in the first 11 days, another 15,000 in the following 8 days, diminishing numbers every day. At that rate they'll be lucky to get 100,000 before they have to start taking people to court and thats gonna be a lot of court dates! Don't register people!
    Another question, if a property is registered in joint names, who are they going to come after??

"It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home" - Enda Kenny, 1994

Full version by "U-turn" Enda:
    "morally unjust and unfair to tax a persons home and by so doing grind him into the ground. It reminds me of a vampire tax, in that it drives a stake through the heart of home ownership, through enthusiasm and initiative, and such the the life blood of the people who want to own their own home and better their position" -

"...will be opposing it by every means possible"

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76642942&postcount=352

Because as far as corrupt vested intrests are concerned truth and morality always has a sell by date.

Welcome to corrupt politics Irish style

Lies however are always in fashion.

A good example is Patrick Nulty who used the Labour Party name to get elected and within weeks in the Dail condemned the party for what it was doing in Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

You'd swear it was THOUSANDS the way people are talking. Council tax is UK is 1500 in most places. People on SW are exempt, meaning that the people paying are the ones who can likely afford it.

Personally, I find it f**king sickening watching Clare Daly and Joan Collins from the Peoples Left Alliance or whatever name they have saying they won't pay. They earn 90 grand a f**cking year. They can afford to pay. Preying on people who think there's an alternative to austerity. There isn't. Off to prison to join the rest of the conscientious objectors to the TV licence.

We elected a Government knowing this was coming. Taxes are going up worldwide. Why are we unique?

token101 wrote: »
    You'd swear it was THOUSANDS the way people are talking.

Its not now - but the door to that possibility has been additionally opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

We elected a Government knowing this was coming.

Clairvoyance forum
    >

You'd swear it was THOUSANDS the way people are talking. Council tax is UK is 1500 in most places. People on SW are exempt, meaning that the people paying are the ones who can likely afford it.

Personally, I find it f**king sickening watching Clare Daly and Joan Collins from the Peoples Left Alliance or whatever name they have saying they won't pay. They earn 90 grand a f**cking year. They can afford to pay. Preying on people who think there's an alternative to austerity. There isn't. Off to prison to join the rest of the conscientious objectors to the TV licence.

We elected a Government knowing this was coming. Taxes are going up worldwide. Why are we unique?
    Not every country was charging up to 9% stamp duty when someone bought a house.
    Not every country is taxing their citizens to death (literally in some cases)
    Not every country is raising this money to pay off unsecured secondary bondholders in in their bankrupt banks.
    In a couple of years it could well be thousands, add to that water charges and every other charge they can think of to put on the family home and it will be thousands.
    There is an alternative to the amount of austerity and it's to not pay off debts that the people of this country didn't run up.
    Capitalism should be allowed to run its course and not be interfered with eg; if the banks are bankrupt let them fail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

squod wrote: »
    Clairvoyance forum
    >
    Was it not in the IMF MOU?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

It dosent apply to squatters does it?

• Advertisement

tdv123 wrote: »
    It dosent apply to squiters does it?
    Who?