Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

robbie7730 wrote: »
    donalg1 wrote: »
    And where did I say mortgage arrears are limited to the unemployed?
    Well you said no one exists that cant afford this new tax, and if they cant, they can avail of MIR. Id suggest people in arrears cant afford their existing expenses. And some of them are employed. The state deeming them able to afford it does not mean they can.

And the state is not deeming that they can, thats just your opinion. They are simply using the employed status as a cut-off point. Thats not the same as being certainly able to afford.
    Its not my opinion that anyone in a full time job can afford €2 per week its the states opinion
    Ok, its not your opinoin.
    I will never for one second believe there is a single person in this country who cant afford €2 per week.
    But it seems it was earlier.

Difference is that I said there is nobody in this country that can't afford IMO.

The other quote you refer to is in relation to what the state believes and is therefore not my opinion see the difference or you just want to ignore it and twist it to suit your own arguments

I do get it. There is no doubt the property tax is going to be more than €100 but the household charge this year as in now is €100 so I am going to pay that. I certainly won't advise people not to pay it as I won't be around when they are in court and I don't think you will be either and I doubt you will pay their fines either.

I don't like it but I'll pay it as truth is it should have been introduced ten years ago but FF were too busy trying to win votes and now we are all f###ed due to their incompetence and continuous avoidance of the real issues

If you pay it then they have you for good. The bondholders (inc Noonan) will be delighted with you. Your kids will do without while theirs will have extra.

Oooh no they will have me for good!!! Guess what the bond holders are getting paid either way so by adding another 160m to the pot my kids will be better off

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Oooh no they will have me for good!!! Guess what the bond holders are getting paid either way so by adding another 160m to the pot my kids will be better off

I think you are dreaming. How would they be better off paying someone elses debts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Tayto lover is correct - if the blue-shirted bastards are prepared to sell off state assets such as our forests to appease the IMF\ECB it should be clear to people what is really going to happen to the money raised by this new tax.

Phil Hogan is lying when he says that the money raised will go toward the provision of local services - the truth is that local Government budgets have been slashed by an amount greater than that which the Government stands to raise were everyone to pay this household bond-holder charge and this money from the Exchequer (which should have gone to local Government) will instead be used to pay off anonymous bond holders.

If people are foolish enough to pay this €100 all they will see for it is another bill in twelve months time.

I think you are dreaming. How would they be better off paying someone elses debts?

Because there will be a lot less to pay off if we start now. I would've thought that's obvious

• Advertisement

Because there will be a lot less to pay off if we start now. I would've thought that's obvious

I put your name on a 100e ticket in my local football club. You didn't win but sure better luck next time. I will PM you my address so that you can send me on the 100e you now owe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭The Quadratic Equation

Local authority bugets alone have been cut more than this to pay off the private speculation debts of billionaires, and so have the education, health budgets, etc. etc. , and the household tax will never make this up.

So why will your kids be better off ? are you some sort of polticians little lackie that has been promised a nice little earner/favour at the taxpayers expense if all goes to plan for the Golden Circle ?

A nice little super profitable contract connected with 'Irish Water' or such like perhaps ?

Or perhaps your IT company got a nice little super profitable sub contract related to household tax collection etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The_Thing wrote: »
    Tayto lover is correct - if the blue-shirted bastards are prepared to sell off state assets such as our forests to appease the IMF\ECB it should be clear to people what is really going to happen to the money raised by this new tax.

Phil Hogan is lying when he says that the money raised will go toward the provision of local services - the truth is that local Government budgets have been slashed by an amount greater than that which the Government stands to raise were everyone to pay this household bond-holder charge and this money from the Exchequer (which should have gone to local Government) will instead be used to pay off anonymous bond holders.

If people are foolish enough to pay this €100 all they will see for it is another bill in twelve months time.

+1. Anyone who thinks this tax will be capped are fooling themselves.The government are using the bogeyman of the troika/imf to bring in a raft of taxes & charges-none of which were ever mentioned or sanctioned by the troika.
    This new government have proved nothing other than the fact that they are liars,as for Labour who formed to protect the working man,they have become just as bad.

Wait 'til next year when we get water meters which will be controlled by a private company who'll be only interested in profit,oh it's a great little country we live in:rolleyes:

I put your name on a 100e ticket in my local football club. You didn't win but sure better luck next time. I will PM you my address so that you can send me on the 100e you now owe.

Yeah sure go on and pm me then thanks for that but if you wanna put more on for me feel free. You must be well able to afford the household charge if your buying tickets for others don't know what your moaning about.

Must be a member of FF.

Local authority bugets alone have been cut more than this to pay off the private speculation debts of billionaires, and so have the education, health budgets, etc. etc. , and the household tax will never make this up.

So why will your kids be better off ? are you some sort of polticians little lackie that has been promised a nice little earner/favour at the taxpayers expense if all goes to plan for the Golden Circle ?

A nice little super profitable contract connected with 'Irish Water' or such like perhaps ?

Or perhaps your IT company got a nice little super profitable sub contract related to household tax collection etc ?

Yeah I am all of the above made millions over the last few years and if you don't pay the household charge my companies will never survive so please pay it if not for yourself do it for me.

My kids will be better off because they will have less debt to pay off but you are also obviously a member of FF.

• Advertisement

Yeah I am all of the above made millions over the last few years and if you don't pay the household charge my companies will never survive so please pay it if not for yourself do it for me.

My kids will be better off because they will have less debt to pay off but you are also obviously a member of FF.

Everybody who sees the injustice of this Bondholder Tax is a member of F.F. ?
    I thought you and the other F.G. men were blaming them for signing us up for it.

you are also obviously a member of FF.

I'm not a member of any poltical party, nor will I ever be.
    They, and their pathetic hanger-on parasites, have all proven to be self serving lieing corrupt tramps.
    For many years now, honest people do not go into, or near Irish politics.

"Beware of the thing that is coming, beware of the risen people
    Who shall take what ye would not give.
    Did ye think to conquer the people, or that law is stronger than life,
    And than men’s desire to be free?
    We will try it out with you ye that have harried and held,
    Ye that have bullied and bribed.
    Tyrants… hypocrites… liars!"

from The Rebel, by Pearse

Everybody who sees the injustice of this Bondholder Tax is a member of F.F. ?
    I thought you and the other F.G. men were blaming them for signing us up for it.

No way I'm FG now Enda is a wally and will be seen as weak and feeble by the IMF and is not who should be fighting our corner as he will never be taken seriously. At least FG seem to be willing to do something to try get us out of the mess FF got us in.

You see FF knew we were in trouble and decided to ignore it do nothing, put their head in the sand and hope it would improve somehow. Whereas you now know the country is in a mess and are adopting the same attitude by saying yeah we are in a mess but I'm going to ignore it do nothing and put my head in the sand and hopefully things will get better somehow. Now this is the attitude being adopted by all those who are deciding not to pay. They hide behind the excuse that they didn't get us into this mess and so won't pay to get us out, now if we all adopt that attitude where will we be in a couple of years.

Fact is we are in the sh** so we can either face that now and try sort it or make the same mistakes FF made because that has worked for us so far!!!

No way I'm FG now Enda is a wally and will be seen as weak and feeble by the IMF and is not who should be fighting our corner as he will never be taken seriously. At least FG seem to be willing to do something to try get us out of the mess FF got us in.

You see FF knew we were in trouble and decided to ignore it do nothing, put their head in the sand and hope it would improve somehow. Whereas you now know the country is in a mess and are adopting the same attitude by saying yeah we are in a mess but I'm going to ignore it do nothing and put my head in the sand and hopefully things will get better somehow. Now this is the attitude being adopted by all those who are deciding not to pay. They hide behind the excuse that they didn't get us into this mess and so won't pay to get us out, now if we all adopt that attitude where will we be in a couple of years.

Fact is we are in the sh** so we can either face that now and try sort it or make the same mistakes FF made because that has worked for us so far!!!

In a couple of years we will still be in s*** because we are now OWNED by Europe and dancing to all their tunes. This Government is just ensuring that we keep digging deeper holes for ourselves. They are too soft with the Europeans and failing to stand up to them. We got a very poor deal and cannot possibly repay this debt. Meanwhile they are nearly giving away all our assets in a cheap sale.

Meanwhile they are nearly giving away all our assets in a cheap sale.

The main and only purpose of being in 'power' in Ireland today. Nice little earners for your cronies and the golden circle.

In a couple of years we will still be in s*** because we are now OWNED by Europe and dancing to all their tunes. This Government is just ensuring that we keep digging deeper holes for ourselves. They are too soft with the Europeans and failing to stand up to them. We got a very poor deal and cannot possibly repay this debt. Meanwhile they are nearly giving away all our assets in a cheap sale.

In a couple of years we will be far deeper in the s### because of people's inaction and we are owned by Europe now we are their b**** so the sooner the Irish people realise that the better because until then we will just keep digging a hole for ourselves until its so deep we will never get out and not even our grand kids will get out. But yeah your alternative is far better lets all do nothing and hope a fairy sprinkles some magic dust on the country so we wake up some day and we are clear of debt and live happily ever after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I got this in an Email today, is it true?

How you don’t have to legally pay Household Tax!!- You wont get a bill because the charge is a Statute. People need to understand this: A Statute is a “legislated rule of society given the force of law by the consent of the governed.”(Blacks Law Dictionary 4th edition). Who are those it governs? Us, the public.

This household charge is a Statute, otherwise known as an Act of Government and only ca...rries the force of law upon you if you consent to it which means that your legally obliged to pay if you consent or in other words go on to householdcharge.ie and register. Your silence and inaction will also give the appearance of consent. If you do not consent, a Statute cannot affect you in any way whatsoever. The courts know this and the last thing they will do is tell you. In fact they will hide this from you at every opportunity they can. On the other hand, if you tell them, they will accept it because they know it is actually true. According to the above definitions a statutory instrument is a contract. If you register for this “charge” you are consenting to this statuate ie: signing the contract. This is why the Government are ASKING the people to register and not just billing them instead

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

I used to think that by voting Fine Gael that there would be change but i'm embarrassed to say that now.

It's only when the politicians and public service workers pay is capped at about €60,000 that we will get real decisions on reducing spending and the stopping of the waste.
    People who make the decisions need to feel the same effects of those decisions as everyone else.

Also I don't see why council tenants and private tenants should be exempt,
    a lot of home owners and landlords have a liability on their hands, not an asset.

Why should people who have the ambition & drive to help themselves be penalised more than the rest?

In a couple of years we will be far deeper in the s### because of people's inaction and we are owned by Europe now we are their b**** so the sooner the Irish people realise that the better because until then we will just keep digging a hole for ourselves until its so deep we will never get out and not even our grand kids will get out. But yeah your alternative is far better lets all do nothing and hope a fairy sprinkles some magic dust on the country so we wake up some day and we are clear of debt and live happily ever after

Yes but the first step is always to "put your own house in order" and we still have the same people running banking, on boards and even more quangos set up. Meanwhile Enda gives his advisers a rise and lets politicians hire family members, starts silly intern schemes which are just slave labour. He also decides to put off the closing of the Seanad, lets frontline nurses, prison officers, guards etc leave before their pensions are cut while not insisting that the administrators and pen pushers leave instead. F.G. is just F.F. in disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

How you don’t have to legally pay Household Tax!!- You wont get a bill because the charge is a Statute. People need to understand this: A Statute is a “legislated rule of society given the force of law by the consent of the governed.”(Blacks Law Dictionary 4th edition). Who are those it governs? Us, the public.

This household charge is a Statute, otherwise known as an Act of Government and only ca...rries the force of law upon you if you consent to it which means that your legally obliged to pay if you consent or in other words go on to householdcharge.ie and register. Your silence and inaction will also give the appearance of consent. If you do not consent, a Statute cannot affect you in any way whatsoever. The courts know this and the last thing they will do is tell you. In fact they will hide this from you at every opportunity they can. On the other hand, if you tell them, they will accept it because they know it is actually true. According to the above definitions a statutory instrument is a contract. If you register for this “charge” you are consenting to this statuate ie: signing the contract. This is why the Government are ASKING the people to register and not just billing them instead
    It sounds like a Free man stance (straw man attitude)
    http://freemanireland.ning.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mark as spam.

Discussed a few times already on here, even the Occupy movements disowned it!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭My_left_leg

yes. how else are we to fund services?

that said i cannot wait for the Troike to scrap the"Croke Park Agreement" and to drop-kick public servants into the real world.
    i would also like to see a Referendum so their excessive pensions can be slashed.

Before anyone pays "one cent" please just listen to this again and think of the hypocrites who are telling you that you must pay --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjhxp-JJqDo&feature=player_embedded#!

Then listen to this --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=LtM87uJAZV8

I say "not another cent"

They had plenty of money to pay Anglo bondholders today
    They should release the names of those people - why are we kept in the dark

They should quit giving our money away before they ask for more from us.
    People need to draw the line or this bleeding will continue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

They should release the names of those people - why are we kept in the dark

People need to draw the line or this bleeding will continue

And they have the money to pay 400k to another senior civil servant

Hijpo wrote: »
    And they have the money to pay 400k to another senior civil servant

Joe Duffy, Pat Kenny, Brendan O'Connor, and Ryan Tubridy being prime examples, all why they toe the golden circle propaganda line of preaching about cutting ordinary PS workers instead to pay off the private speculation and gambling debts of corrupt connected billionaires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

The lack of any kind of basic economic understanding displayed in this thread is at times both hilarious and depressing.

Our money?

We haven't even enough to fund our own services never mind pay back bondholders - do a bit of research and educate yourself rather than spouting the nonsense slogans that the loony left have fed you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

The lack of any kind of basic economic understanding displayed in this thread is at times both hilarious and depressing.

Our money?

We haven't even enough to fund our own services never mind pay back bondholders - do a bit of research and educate yourself rather than spouting the nonsense slogans that the loony left have fed you.

Yes it is our money. We are borrowing the money to pay the bondholders and we have to pay it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think when push comes to shove and the prospect of fines and court appearances start appearing on the horizon 90% of the people saying they won't pay will cough it up. Although it will be interesting to see what exactly happens to the TDs who have said they won't pay. Would they be prepared to go to jail over it and lose their seats in the Dail? Tbh if that was the stance of my TD I would be calling down to his office and telling him to cop the f*ck on.

I will be paying this and the water charge and yes it is going to increase in years to come but this country needs to widen its tax base so all of it doesn't come from sources directly linked to economic performance such as VAT and stamp duty. That is partly why we are having to endure so much austerity to balance our budget.

Also, does anyone not find it slightly ironic that its all the lefty socialist TDs that are opposing this????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement