Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I thought with all the scaremongering that the polls would show a big increase in those willing to pay but the gap is actually widening in favour of not paying.
    People are angry it seems with paying even more of our money to the unknown bondholders who Enda is unwilling to name (wonder why).

"It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a person's home" - Enda Kenny, 1994

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭becksy79

some info i have came across regarding the household charge, apologise if this has already been posted.

The household charge is NOT Mandatory registration is voluntary, payment obligatory.
    Today we made four calls into the householdcharge.ie
    We spoke to Roisin, Brian O’Gorman, Maeve and Ariel
    What we found out, and what they admitted to us was astounding (call them on 01-2224000 ).
    ... ... 1. The household charge is NOT Mandatory registration is voluntary, payment obligatory.
    2. If you don’t register, thus far, they cannot force you to, or force you to pay (sweet).
    3. Their CEO is a man called Paul McSweeney.
    4. They may or could issue a fine (great).
    5. But they might have a problem with collection of this if you don’t register.
    6. They might pursue it through the Courts. The trouble is, if it becomes a Constitutional matter, they might end up in the high Court, the cost of which might be prohibitively expensive for them. A terrible situation for Phil Hogan & his IMF hench-men.

Just so as Ye are all aware: Ye do not legally own land or property.

Page 156 - Section 1.
    “The Irish Law Reform Commission, a body composed entirely of lawyers, has made a startling proposition to the Irish Government: that direct physical ownership
    of land should be introduced in the country and feudal tenure ended. All landholding Irish citizens are feudal tenants under the Irish constitution, not owners. This in AD 2006! The Irish hold, don’t own, land”. – K.Cahill

the attatchment has more info posted on facebook recently to help explain more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

I thanked because it was definitely the most (unintentionally) hilarious post of the thread.

Ok. ;) :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

See Enda has done an aboutface again. Heard on the 6:01 he has decided it is our fault after all, and we are to blame. If he keeps flip-flapping like this, he may get dizzy enough to think it's morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home, again.

Keep on spinning Enda!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I thought with all the scaremongering that the polls would show a big increase in those willing to pay but the gap is actually widening in favour of not paying.
    People are angry it seems with paying even more of our money to the unknown bondholders who Enda is unwilling to name (wonder why).

"It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a person's home" - Enda Kenny, 1994

That quote again really you do realise the 1994 refers to the year and it's not something Enda said at the end of the quote. It was 17 years ago ffs things have changed slightly since then in case you hadn't realised. Thankfully people are allowed to change their minds and thankfully they do change their minds when the economy changes so drastically.

I could say "goo goo ga ga" and say Enda said that when he was 2 and that proves he is an idiot cause he can't talk. Don't think we need to see that quote again.

I won't highlight the fact you mentioned bond holders again for the 1000th time either. But by all means keep spouting the same lines over and over and over and over

• Advertisement

donalg1 wrote: »
    That quote again really you do realise the 1994 refers to the year and it's not something Enda said at the end of the quote. It was 17 years ago ffs things have changed slightly since then in case you hadn't realised. Thankfully people are allowed to change their minds and thankfully they do change their minds when the economy changes so drastically.

I could say "goo goo ga ga" and say Enda said that when he was 2 and that proves he is an idiot cause he can't talk. Don't think we need to see that quote again.

I won't highlight the fact you mentioned bond holders again for the 1000th time either. But by all means keep spouting the same lines over and over and over and over

Here is one from 2010 for you so.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjhxp...layer_embedded

Here is one from 2010 for you so.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjhxp...layer_embedded

Thanks can't see it on my phone but if it's from 2010 well that's better so we can forget the 1994 crap then can't we seeing as it is completely irrelevant to today's situation not that 2010 is too relevant either as Enda didn't realise he was the eu/IMF's bitch until last year thankfully he has figured it out now and we actually seem to have a political party (EU / IMF) in charge that makes the hard decisions that will help the country reach a level of sustainability again in the future. And at least they aren't worried about re-election

That quote again really you do realise the 1994 refers to the year and it's not something Enda said at the end of the quote. It was 17 years ago ffs things have changed slightly since then in case you hadn't realised. Thankfully people are allowed to change their minds and thankfully they do change their minds when the economy changes so drastically......
    Don't think we need to see that quote again.

Morallity, justice, and fairness don't change. You had better get used to seeing that quote in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I won't highlight the fact you mentioned bond holders again for the 1000th time either

Did you not just do what you said you wouldnt?
    Sounds like something Enda would do.... that you enda? :confused:

Slick50 wrote: »
    That quote again really you do realise the 1994 refers to the year and it's not something Enda said at the end of the quote. It was 17 years ago ffs things have changed slightly since then in case you hadn't realised. Thankfully people are allowed to change their minds and thankfully they do change their minds when the economy changes so drastically......
    Don't think we need to see that quote again.

Morallity, justice, and fairness don't change. You had better get used to seeing that quote in this thread.

But sure it will become fairer when the property tax is introduced and is based on a site valuation, this charge is just an interim measure and a flat rate of €100 was the fairest thing for now.

• Advertisement

Hijpo wrote: »
    I won't highlight the fact you mentioned bond holders again for the 1000th time either

Did you not just do what you said you wouldnt?
    Sounds like something Enda would do.... that you enda? :confused:

That was the point flew over your head obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If we have to toe the line when it comes to taxes then politicians should be made to cut there salaries to an acceptable level that comes into perspective of the times we live in, the size of the country AND the number of days they are actually in the Dail. They could also stop giving huge pay outs to senior staff heading off to enjoy early retirment by ten years with there massive full pension. There tax breaks should be abolished and services like the pub and laundry etc should be done away with.

I agree with all this. Our politicians and senior civil servants need to start living in the real world. TDs have taken some cuts but as far as I know most of them are still payed more than their european counterparts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Slick50 wrote: »
    Don't think there'll be much arguing with that. Good job Ian64's not around.

He is a bit busy raging over on the Prison forum.....
    I just had a read through some od the most recent posts in AH.
    Strange how I was banned while those like Tayto Lover continue to personally abuse others and Troll, go unpunished, or a blind eye is the poster who in True Nazi fashion posts that the Jews are responsible for the banking crisis!!!

Im banned faie enough but the double standards employed by moderators who allow vitriolic personal attacks and racisism/anti-semitism to be posted while taking no action is sickening.
    Ah sure you can be smug and sneer at my post from prison, but you cant deny the truth of the double standards being practised.

Just wondering if Boards.ie is standing over the claims made on a reported post which is still being displayed. the post claims that Pat Kenny is a cocaine abuser and that he has used his position to prevent the press reporting that his daughter or daughters have had abortions.

I have brought this post to the attention of your team already yet it remains up, obviously because I have been banned for being critical of the lack of impartiality of one of your moderators , in who forum this post can be found, along with posts in other threads blaming the Jews for the banking crisis and accusing non nationals of being tax evaders.

While it is up to you to continue to ban all those who point out the abuses being perpetrated by some posters, and indeed some moderators, surely it is incumbant upon you to also police your forums and your moderators both to protect innocents from being libelled, racism and anti-semitism from being promoted, but also to protect yourselves from the possible legal ramifications of of these posts.

you've banned me for life from boards for refusing to toe a line that in my view amounted to allowing abuse, including incitement to break the law and incitement to racial hatred, and holding a political view that your moderator didn't like, thats your choice, but allowing anti-semitic,racist, and potentially highly libellous statments to remain on Boards.ie because it was I who reported them in the context of pointing the double standards that exist within the moderatorship and administration of boards.ie does seem to be not only petty but also extremley reckless, on less of course you have the proof of Pat Kennys coke addiction and his daughters alleged abortion which justifys that post remaining up, and you also believe it is reasonable to blame the jews for the banking crisis.

In any event I have notified PK of the post and included a copy of it in my email to him and a copy of my report on it which you have ignored, i will of course ,as is my civic duty, notify the relavent statutory authorities regarding the other posts, as well as those organizations which campaign against virulent anti-semitism.

Accounts now closed!
    Hope Pat kenny see the Joke though I doubt he will

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76674202&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Am Chile wrote: »
    ]I think when push comes to shove and the prospect of fines and court appearances start appearing on the horizon 90% of the people saying they won't pay will cough it up.

You do remember what happened during the anti water charges campaign last time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYmz7oXPbWU&list=UUxEMu68N200vRbUyuRa_S6w&index=95&feature=plcp

Also when the anti household tax campaign will be giving legal representation, people will feel more confortable and confident not to pay.

That, I assume, is when water charges for farmers and businesses were brought in? Those water charges are in place now and have been for years.

What is your point exactly???

But sure it will become fairer when the property tax is introduced and is based on a site valuation, this charge is just an interim measure and a flat rate of €100 was the fairest thing for now.

It won't become fairer. Basing the charge on site valuation or property size bares no relationship to ability to pay. I have worked in a house in a supposedly affluent area where there is no central heating and dampness/mildew peeling the paper off the walls. The house next door had a tennis court in the garden.

This interim measure is just a fishing exercise, to lure people into volunteering all the information they need for their full levies next year, and subsequent years. Onwards and upwards!

It doesn't address morality or justice either.

Why wont they base it on how much your house is worth right now?

Why wont they base it on how much your house is worth right now?

It will be based on what it's worth later this year and next year plus it will replace stamp duty too which isn't a bad thing

mikom wrote: »
    He is a bit busy raging over on the Prison forum.....

See he hasn't lost his way with words and sense of balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

That was the point flew over your head obviously

Sow many points fly over tayto's head, one imagines he reads the thread from a position flat on the floor :pac::pac:

Sow many points fly over tayto's head, one imagines he reads the thread from a position flat on the floor :pac::pac:

That was actually me, and the only reason i passed a comment on it was to point out he did exactly what enda is. Doing something when he said he wouldnt, but it seems my point flew over his :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ha ha Tayto's well able to fight his corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

In a supposedly free and democratic society it is a citizens perogative, some may say duty, to oppose laws which they feel are unjust and unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In a supposedly free and democratic society it is a citizens perogative, some may say duty, to oppose laws which they feel are unjust and unfair.

You can refuse to recognise the court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭The Quadratic Equation

Which would be fully justified seeing as the Irish judiciary are all political cronie appointments.
    A couple of well placed phonecalls will get the connected any court result they want.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Which would be fully justified seeing as the Irish judiciary are all political cronie appointments.
    A couple of well placed phonecalls will get the connected any court result they want.

Jesus wept. Are we just making stuff up now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

As previously stated.

When they start jailing the bankers and politicians responsible for the mess were in, with their corruption, and swindling (Seanie Fitzpatrick and the like), they can stand me up in court for non payment of one hundred euro :rolleyes:

In a properly constituted democracy some might say it is convenient, even mercenary, to find high minded objections to laws which involve people paying their taxes.

Ghandee wrote: »
    As previously stated.

When they start jailing the bankers and politicians responsible for the mess were in, with their corruption, and swindling (Seanie Fitzpatrick and the like), they can stand me up in court for non payment of one hundred euro :rolleyes:

Unless your affairs are as complicated at Seanie's I doubt anyone will be offering you a day in court. There are other ways and means included in the law which could be applied. Worth your while to have a read of this.

http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/bills28/bills/2011/7411/b7411s.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

In a properly constituted democracy some might say it is convenient, even mercenary, to find high minded objections to laws which involve people paying their taxes.

Well that's a minority opinion thankfully :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

In a properly constituted democracy, the will and voice of the people would be heard, and not put to the vote again if it wasn't what the govt wanted.

Lisbon treaty anyone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement