Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

becksy79 wrote: »
    some info i have came across regarding the household charge, apologise if this has already been posted.

The household charge is NOT Mandatory registration is voluntary, payment obligatory.
    Today we made four calls into the householdcharge.ie
    We spoke to Roisin, Brian O’Gorman, Maeve and Ariel
    What we found out, and what they admitted to us was astounding (call them on 01-2224000 ).
    ... ... 1. The household charge is NOT Mandatory registration is voluntary, payment obligatory.
    2. If you don’t register, thus far, they cannot force you to, or force you to pay (sweet).
    3. Their CEO is a man called Paul McSweeney.
    4. They may or could issue a fine (great).
    5. But they might have a problem with collection of this if you don’t register.
    6. They might pursue it through the Courts. The trouble is, if it becomes a Constitutional matter, they might end up in the high Court, the cost of which might be prohibitively expensive for them. A terrible situation for Phil Hogan & his IMF hench-men.

It works exactly like declaring tax if you are self employed. It's called self assessment, it's up to you to declare your business and pay taxes. This is the same principle, it isn't up to Revenue to baby sit people to register a business and pay tax, and indeed send in returns every year.
    Just so as Ye are all aware: Ye do not legally own land or property.

Page 156 - Section 1.
    “The Irish Law Reform Commission, a body composed entirely of lawyers, has made a startling proposition to the Irish Government: that direct physical ownership
    of land should be introduced in the country and feudal tenure ended. All landholding Irish citizens are feudal tenants under the Irish constitution, not owners. This in AD 2006! The Irish hold, don’t own, land”. – K.Cahill

the attatchment has more info posted on facebook recently to help explain more

Sounds like more freemen nonsense tbh, I'd say the quotes are completely taken out of context by some eejit who thinks he's found some legal eureka.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭The Quadratic Equation

Jesus wept. Are we just making stuff up now?

Nope I've seen it in action up close and personal.

I leave making things up to your dear leader Enda and yourselves :

"It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home" - Enda Kenny, 1994

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Jesus wept. Are we just making stuff up now?

I leave making things up to your dear leader Enda and yourselves :

"It is morally wrong, unjust and unfair to tax a persons home" - Enda Kenny, 1994

FFS again really?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭becksy79

K-9 wrote: »
    some info i have came across regarding the household charge, apologise if this has already been posted.

The household charge is NOT Mandatory registration is voluntary, payment obligatory.
    Today we made four calls into the householdcharge.ie
    We spoke to Roisin, Brian O’Gorman, Maeve and Ariel
    What we found out, and what they admitted to us was astounding (call them on 01-2224000 ).
    ... ... 1. The household charge is NOT Mandatory registration is voluntary, payment obligatory.
    2. If you don’t register, thus far, they cannot force you to, or force you to pay (sweet).
    3. Their CEO is a man called Paul McSweeney.
    4. They may or could issue a fine (great).
    5. But they might have a problem with collection of this if you don’t register.
    6. They might pursue it through the Courts. The trouble is, if it becomes a Constitutional matter, they might end up in the high Court, the cost of which might be prohibitively expensive for them. A terrible situation for Phil Hogan & his IMF hench-men.

It works exactly like declaring tax if you are self employed. It's called self assessment, it's up to you to declare your business and pay taxes. This is the same principle, it isn't up to Revenue to baby sit people to register a business and pay tax, and indeed send in returns every year.
    Just so as Ye are all aware: Ye do not legally own land or property.

Page 156 - Section 1.
    “The Irish Law Reform Commission, a body composed entirely of lawyers, has made a startling proposition to the Irish Government: that direct physical ownership
    of land should be introduced in the country and feudal tenure ended. All landholding Irish citizens are feudal tenants under the Irish constitution, not owners. This in AD 2006! The Irish hold, don’t own, land”. – K.Cahill

the attatchment has more info posted on facebook recently to help explain more

Sounds like more freemen nonsense tbh, I'd say the quotes are completely taken out of context by some eejit who thinks he's found some legal eureka.

Honestly I know nothing about this subject, doesn't make me an eejit!
    A very good friend who knows many intelligent things about many subjects campaigns tirelessly to get the right info out on these kind of issues passed this onto me!

Take it or leave it but please don't rubbish it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

but it's rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

A very good friend who knows many intelligent things about many subjects campaigns tirelessly to get the right info out on these kind of issues passed this onto me!

You can inform yourself by reading the report here.

http://www.lawreform.ie/_fileupload/Reports/Report%20eConveyancing.pdf

The section you were told about is on page 19, nothing much to do with the Household Charge.

Phase 3 involved publication of a Report by the
    Commission, to include draft legislation to give effect to the proposals
    for reform. This culminated in the Commission’s Report on Reform
    and Modernisation of Land Law and Conveyancing Law (LRC 74–
    2005), published in July 2005. This contains a draft Land and
    Conveyancing Bill of 133 sections, incorporating over 90
    recommendations for reform, and intended to replace more than 150
    pre-1922 statutes on land law and conveyancing, dating back as far as
    1285. Although they remain on the statute book, many of these pre-
    1922 statutes have become either obsolete or superseded by more
    recent legal developments. Some key features of the draft Bill are:
    · abolition of feudal land tenure (such as the fee tail estate which
    featured in Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice) and its
    replacement with a more streamlined ownership model;
    · simplification of the law of mortgages so that a mortgage will
    involve a simple charge as security on the land instead of a
    transfer of ownership to a financial institution;
    · a new statutory scheme for trusts of land to replace the
    complex Settled Land Acts which were aimed principally at the
    large landed estates; and
    · reform of conveyancing laws which, although used frequently
    by conveyancers in everyday property transactions, date back
    almost 150 years and are framed in unnecessarily archaic
    language.

donalg1 wrote: »
    FFS again really?

Really. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

FFS again really?

Just makes you look stupid really though #credibilitygone

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What about Enda's T.V. address to the nation " it is not your fault" and his latest utterances "the Irish people went mad and borrowed too much all because of greed".

Has Enda lost the plot between those two speeches ?
    His party must be reeling with his latest turnabout. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde = our Enda.

FFS again really?

“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
    ― Joseph Joubert

• Advertisement

“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
    ― Joseph Joubert

― Joseph Joubert

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”

Albert Einstein

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

The €2 a week people are shouting about - it's €100 that peeps have to cough up between Jan & the end of March. Yes I know what you're saying so lets sing about budgeting for the €2 a week from 31/03/12 onwards - but for now some people can't afford €100 between January & March for this year!!!!

I CAN'T & I have to fork out €200!! - me being one of those "Landlords who are rolling around in it"!!!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”

Albert Einstein

And Enda is the living proof of it.

Albert Einstein

" let me say to you all,you are not responsible" in his pre-budget speech but now "it is your fault because you were greedy". Enda Kenny 2012
    Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is our Enda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well I think he's always had this very vicious, almost frightening side to him. When he was in opposition it was shocking. Then he becomes this very personable bloke when in power.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

OK. If you've seen it, then tell us who rang what judges to get the verdict they desired.

OK. If you've seen it, then tell us who rang what judges to get the verdict they desired.

Watched a very wealthy councilor ring up about his bully boy son on an assault charge. Did it in his office, right in front of me, just to prove he could in an attempt intimidate me and my family. Judge, an old party collegue and school pal, faked an eccentric wobbly with the Gardai evidence in court and threw the case out. Son got off, laughed all the way down the court steps. The local Guards were disgusted. He was got in the end though . . . . but not by the puppet state.

Now perhaps you'll be kind enough to share with us the names of the top secrect Anglo bondholders ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Watched a very wealthy councilor ring up about his bully boy son on an assault charge. Did it in his office, right in front of me, just to prove he could in an attempt intimidate me and my family. Judge, an old party collegue and school pal, faked an eccentric wobbly with the Gardai evidence in court and threw the case out. Son got off, laughed all the way down the court steps. The local Guards were disgusted. He was got in the end though . . . . but not by the puppet state.

What councillor and what judge?

What councillor and what judge?

Love to. I was the only one in the room, so his word against mine. They are not stupid you know.
    So drop me a PM with your name and adress, and I'll make some discreet enquiries to see if you can be trusted.

Now. Names of Anglo Bondholders please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

mikom wrote: »
    Slick50 wrote: »
    Don't think there'll be much arguing with that. Good job Ian64's not around.

He is a bit busy raging over on the Prison forum.....

Seems to be 2 of them gone, one to prison, and donal must of went back to the vatican tax haven.

Love to. I was the only one in the room, so his word against mine. They are not stupid you know.
    So drop me a PM with your name and adress, and I'll make some discreet enquiries to see if you can be trusted.

So you've got no proof to furnish us with at all? Thought so.

So you've got no proof to furnish us with at all? Thought so.

PM please. Oh and don't forget the names of the anglo bondholders, there's a good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In a supposedly free and democratic society it is a citizens perogative, some may say duty, to oppose laws which they feel are unjust and unfair.

No doubt the citizens on these lists felt it was unjust and unfair to be asked to give any of their money to the state.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/press/defaulters/index.html#year2011

Never called you an eejit. Look, I'm sure the lad is very intelligent, even intelligent people can come up with idiotic ideas, trying to prove their cleverness. The really intelligent people know that!

This tax is a self assessment tax, not a new idea, the exact same as Income Tax if you set up a business. You can opt not to register for Income Tax but if Revenue cop on, good luck in arguing you didn't have to register!

Indeed, the publicity from the anti campaign is giving the Government a big help if anybody challenges this. Nobody can plead ignorance to this tax and how it works, seeing as so many have read up on it and are aware of it!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

misschoo wrote: »
    The €2 a week people are shouting about - it's €100 that peeps have to cough up between Jan & the end of March. Yes I know what you're saying so lets sing about budgeting for the €2 a week from 31/03/12 onwards - but for now some people can't afford €100 between January & March for this year!!!!

I CAN'T & I have to fork out €200!! - me being one of those "Landlords who are rolling around in it"!!!

You can pay it by Direct Debit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Mischoo, you may have to budget E2 per week this year (4 in your case), but before you register consider how much you will have to budget next year and the year after that.

At least if we had the Bondholders names we could set up Direct Debits straight to their accounts........

All the anti brigade here is spout the same drivvel constantly about bond holders etc... Yet not a single one of them has mentioned an alternative means to raising even the smallest amount of revenue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

With respect, the pro brigade are just as guilty of spouting drivel, so much so that some of them have even resorted to coming up with random irrelevant quotes from dead people to try and copperfasten their stance.:rolleyes:

Furthermore, there have been plenty of alternatives mentioned, you and the rest of the pro-brigade just seem to think that you have to agree with it before it's considered a viable alternative which says a lot really.

• Advertisement

Galtee wrote: »
    With respect, the pro brigade are just as guilty of spouting drivel, so much so that some of them have even resorted to coming up with random irrelevant quotes from dead people to try and copperfasten their stance.:rolleyes:

Furthermore, there have been plenty of alternatives mentioned, you and the rest of the pro-brigade just seem to think that you have to agree with it before it's considered a viable alternative which says a lot really.

The quotes you refer to were in response to the drivel spouted by a few here when referring to a quote Enda made in 1994, which for some reason they seem to think it has any relevance today, the quotes you refer to were posted to highlight the idiocy of those that continue to post Enda's quote from 1994.

I haven't seen any alternatives mentioned in any of the last dozen pages of this thread, but if you want to post a list of them I will be happy to read them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement