Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can a GP do to help with snoring?

Options
  • 15-12-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am hoping someone will be able to advise; I am considering going to a GP with the above problem as my flatmate is ready to throw me out over the above issue.

What can or will a GP do to sort the problem and is there anything available over the counter which I can take in the interm?

Any tips anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Hi,

I used to go out with somebody who had an awful problem snoring. There are different OTC remedies, such as nasal strips, drops etc. His sister also suffered the same, and she had a form of laser surgery to the back of the throat - I believe it was somethign to do with vibration of excess loose flaps of skin that were removed. It solved the issue for her :)

Is it affecting your sleep pattern at all? If you find yourself really tired during the day it could be that you are getting disrupted as a result. Speak with your doctor and discuss various options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Comer1

I snored very loudly and tried all those OTC remedies. Nothing worked. I lost two stone over the past year and don't snore any more. I know this is not exactly what anyone wants to hear and obviously not a quick solution. I lost the weight for health reasons and the snoring cure was a surprise bonus.

Advertisement