Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5230 Mobile Phone(satellite navigation)

Options
  • 15-12-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody got this phone? What is the satellite navigation feature on it like? Is it user-friendly, or a load of crap?

Also, when I bought the phone, I received a car mount with it - similar to this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/WINDSCREEN-SUCTION-HOLDER-SELLER-ACCESSORIES/dp/B003698X8S.

Is this car mount extended or just a normal short one? The dashboard on my car is quite deep, so I would not be able to comfortably reach the phone if it was on a normal length mount? Any suggestions welcome.

Edit: Mods, this thread might get more responses if it was also in the A & D forum too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Hi, my wife has it. It is very good vslue. You can download the msps for free from the ovi store. If you use assisted gps, it locks the position in seconds.

Wwe have used it abroad without assisted gps and it still worked well.

It does the job. I do not have a dedicated gps so I can not compare.

Advertisement