Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd exams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I downloaded an add-on for mozilla (Check 4 Change), that was mentioned on this forum at results time last year. I made my very own results alarm clock.

Step 1: Change your computer's settings, so that it doesn't "go to sleep" when you don't press a key for a while.

Step 2: Install Check 4 Change.

Step 3: Login to SIS web, go to the examination results page and highlight a bit of text that will change when results come up. I like to highlight "Semester GPA". If you highlight everything, when the time changes in the top right hand corner of the screen, you will be alerted for no reason.

Step 4: Right click on the text, and click Check 4 Change. Set the time limit that you want the page to refresh within. I like 10 seconds, because I am a nervous wreck.

Step 5. Click on the settings for Check 4 Change when you right click again. Click play pop up sound, or something to that effect.

Step 6: The tab of the page should now have a little blue and green "C4C" pic with a countdown timer.

Step 7: Put your laptop volume up to full capacity.

Step 8: Go to bed, and enjoy being woken to the sounds of David Bowie shouting "Ch-Ch Changes", as you shakily look at the horror that is to unfold.

Step 9: Repeat for further semesters, until the sound of David Bowie induces a panic attack.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Does that work? Wouldn't SIS eventually log you out automatically?

I'm not sure! It seems to be holding up now for about 45 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

Musefan wrote: »
    I downloaded an add-on for mozilla (Check 4 Change), that was mentioned on this forum at results time last year. I made my very own results alarm clock.

Step 1: Change your computer's settings, so that it doesn't "go to sleep" when you don't press a key for a while.

Step 2: Install Check 4 Change.

Step 3: Login to SIS web, go to the examination results page and highlight a bit of text that will change when results come up. I like to highlight "Semester GPA". If you highlight everything, when the time changes in the top right hand corner of the screen, you will be alerted for no reason.

Step 4: Right click on the text, and click Check 4 Change. Set the time limit that you want the page to refresh within. I like 10 seconds, because I am a nervous wreck.

Step 5. Click on the settings for Check 4 Change when you right click again. Click play pop up sound, or something to that effect.

Step 6: The tab of the page should now have a little blue and green "C4C" pic with a countdown timer.

Step 7: Put your laptop volume up to full capacity.

Step 8: Go to bed, and enjoy being woken to the sounds of David Bowie shouting "Ch-Ch Changes", as you shakily look at the horror that is to unfold.

Step 9: Repeat for further semesters, until the sound of David Bowie induces a panic attack.
    but....... what about Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Does that work? Wouldn't SIS eventually log you out automatically?

It shouldn't. It logs you out when your session expires due to a period of inactivity. With the plugin constantly refreshing you're never "inactive".

• Advertisement

kkumk wrote: »
    but....... what about Boards?

I would wager, at some point, that one might have to look at SISWEB to find out if results are out, and then post it on boards. I am cutting out the middle-man :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

For agony aunts and mutual masturbation, click here.

Er... is SISWEB down?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

Musefan wrote: »
    Er... is SISWEB down?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

I assume we're all settled in here for the next hour and a half or so.

...anyone got any good jokes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,173 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I received an e-mail from blackboard informing me that the results for one of my exams was attached....

There was no attachment. Thats slightly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I've a few. They're thoroughly offensive though. How low can the tone go?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sweetiepie

low. I need a good laugh.

If you fail a resit, should they have contacted you about resitting the lectures which started last Monday? Feel sick at the thought:(

Clegg wrote: »
    I received an e-mail from blackboard informing me that the results for one of my exams was attached....

There was no attachment. Thats slightly annoying.

If you go into the module -> tools -> my grades. It might be in there. I got one result back early through blackboard as well. Hopefully it doesnt change today because it was alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

Heres one for yous....

A man is lying in a hospital bed with an oxygen mask over his mouth. A young nurse enters his room to sponge his face and hands. "Nurse," he mumbles from behind the mask, "Are my testicles black?" Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know Mr. Jones, I'm only here to wash your face and hands." He struggles again to ask, "Nurse, are my testicles black?" Again the nurse replies, "I can't tell. I'm only here to wash your face and hands." The head nurse walks by and sees the man getting a little distraught, so she marches over to find out what's wrong. "Nurse," he mumbles, "are my testicles black?" The head nurse whips back the sheets, pulls down the man's pajamas, moves his penis out of the way, has a good look, pulls up the pajamas and says, "There's nothing wrong with them." Frustrated at this, the man pulls off his oxygen mask and asks again, "I said, are my test results back?!"

Are they up yet? x lots
    Poster banned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Made this for the Rage thread last night. Hopefully it won't com totally true

4ecc1c6a-ce82-4ba7-b43f-8ba6f3d406a6.png

NIGHTMARES, NIGHTMARES!! PLENTY OF NIGHTMARES!!

JHKJJHKJHJH.jpgJHKJJHKJHJH.jpgJHKJJHKJHJH.jpgJHKJJHKJHJH.jpgJHKJJHKJHJH.jpgJHKJJHKJHJH.jpgJHKJJHKJHJH.jpgJHKJJHKJHJH.jpgJHKJJHKJHJH.jpgJHKJJHKJHJH.jpgJHKJJHKJHJH.jpgJHKJJHKJHJH.jpgJHKJJHKJHJH.jpgJHKJJHKJHJH.jpg6d597802_baboons.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

Those last few posts had no consideration for people on smart phones.

What did the ocean say to the other ocean?

Nothing

They just waved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

How did the hipster burn his mouth?
    Because he ate his pizza before it was cool
    :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Ferrakins

dr gonzo wrote: »

what do aliens eat for breakfast?
    Sigourney Weaverbix

cheers:) it wont be half as funny in a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

dr gonzo wrote: »

A man goes into a library and asks for a book on suicide.

The librarian says, "Feck off, you won't bring it back."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

funny-dog-kid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Swifty_N

I give up. I'm going to bed but just to say...this is for you guys... because I know that 5 minutes (or less) after I turn off my laptop, they'll release the results.

Swifty_N wrote: »
    I give up. I'm going to bed but just to say...this is for you guys... because I know that 5 minutes (or less) after I turn off my laptop, they'll release the results.

Good man

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Swifty_N

Good man

I'm a woman but I forgive you. Nighty night.

We appreciate your selflessness and in return, to quote the oatmeal, may a squadron of vaginas find their way to your crotch by days end.

I'm a woman but I forgive you. Nighty night.

Pics or GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

sweetiepie wrote: »
    low. I need a good laugh.

If you fail a resit, should they have contacted you about resitting the lectures which started last Monday? Feel sick at the thought:(
    From what the programme office told me, if you fail something that allows a resit you just have to complete an assessment by week 12 of the semester after the module you failed. Examples would be like a 4,000 word essay etc, depending on what you're studying.
    But if there's only an option of a repeat then you repeat the entire module, classes and continuous assessment and everything, at the next given offering of the module.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

kkumk wrote: »
    From what the programme office told me, if you fail something that allows a resit you just have to complete an assessment by week 12 of the semester after the module you failed. Examples would be like a 4,000 word essay etc, depending on what you're studying.
    But if there's only an option of a repeat then you repeat the entire module, classes and continuous assessment and everything, at the next given offering of the module.

Or if it's not a core module, you take a different class and your GPA isn't capped.

Advertisement