Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd exams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sweetiepie

Slang_Tang wrote: »
    Or if it's not a core module, you take a different class and your GPA isn't capped.

Thanks for those answers. I feel rubbish-I wish they'd just release the damn results

• Registered Users Posts: 17,173 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

dr gonzo wrote: »
    If you go into the module -> tools -> my grades. It might be in there. I got one result back early through blackboard as well. Hopefully it doesnt change today because it was alright.
    Thanks, this worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

I feel like we're not focused enough on whether or not results are up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yeah.......... just checked there. Nothing.

American History X is on ITV4 though, so keeping me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Where do we get our results? Email/blackboard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Every 20 refreshes or so the reload takes a little longer and gets me excited only to be let down again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

AdamD wrote: »

SIS web. Info for students tab :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

AdamD wrote: »
    https://sisweb.ucd.ie and go into Student Records.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

What's the difference between a little boy and bag of cocaine?

Eric Clapton would never let a bag of cocaine fall out of a window.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

Time for an episode of Mad Men. If the results aren't up after that, it's time for bed.

Anyway, the bad thing about checking your results so early in the morning is you can't ring anyone to console yourself if it turns out you did shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 sweetiepie

Yep I'm watching an episode of S*x and the city-if they're not up by the time it's over I'm going to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Im going to try and hold myself to the 1:45 cutoff time tonight. I'm up too early to get no sleep.

In saying that I know i'll be up til all hours anyway but its a tradition at this stage.

2 minutes to half one. The usual time?

alan4cult wrote: »
    2 minutes to half one. The usual time?

No such thing in UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

is there any indication that the results will be up before 5AM from previous years or are we just hoping?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,173 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I needed to do something to take my mind off the wait...

So I'm eating a bowl of Frosted Shreddies.

is there any indication that the results will be up before 5AM from previous years or are we just hoping?

The second part

posted earlier in the thread

Summer 2010/11 - 1.30 am
    Christmas 2010/11 - out at 1:30 am
    Summer 2009/10 - out at 1:30 am
    Summer 2008/2009 - out at 5 pm

I'm surprised UCD haven't put ads on the results page for extra revenue :P

alan4cult wrote: »
    I'm surprised UCD haven't put ads on the results page for extra revenue :P

They'd make a bomb! Maybe some new books for the library could be managed that way?? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Out of interest, if everyone gets their results at the same time, and presuming there's no paper marking all nighters going on, why don't they just schedule the results for midnight and have it as a definite time, instead of giving themselves a 17 hour time frame "anywhere in between 12am and 5pm on Wednesday" to do it....

Exams were a month ago after all...

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Out of interest, if everyone gets their results at the same time, and presuming there's no paper marking all nighters going on, why don't they just schedule the results for midnight and have it as a definite time, instead of giving themselves a 17 hour time frame "anywhere in between 12am and 5pm on Wednesday" to do it....

Are you a first year? They do it because the server can't handle 22,000 people logging on at once to check their results

Because it's UCD... Gotta allow time for the system to crash:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I would love to know the workings behind when and why the results get released at random times....it seems unlikely that someone sits and pushes a button and then your results are there, but then again, I have no idea about this sort of thing.

Fair enough.

Yes, first year, first nervous wait for results.

Fair enough.

Musefan wrote: »
    I would love to know the workings behind when and why the results get released at random times....it seems unlikely that someone sits and pushes a button and then your results are there, but then again, I have no idea about this sort of thing.
    I imagine somebody picked a time to auto upload the results i.e. pulled it out of their head. Or maybe it's more sophisticated depending on where the moon is in relation to UCD???

Fair enough.

This is my fifth time. Always the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

7th and final. Well more including first year undergrad.

• Advertisement

Are you a first year? They do it because the server can't handle 22,000 people logging on at once to check their results

They could release different courses' results on different days and give a definite time to everyone. I wouldn't care about others getting there's before mine if it meant I had a set time.

Advertisement