Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd exams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Shane L

Damn! failed 1 module that I'm good at but was concentrating so hard on not failing another 1 :mad: hopefully I can compensate :( should compensation come up automatically happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

Passed everthin b's and c's, also passed a repeat but it won't let me see what result i got so i'll never know if i passed it well or just scraped it!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Yeah does an E mean you can compensate?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

I did two modules but only received results for one, is this unusual i.e. could the 2nd module results be posted later today?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

I did two modules but only received results for one, is this unusual i.e. could the 2nd module results be posted later today?

Thanks
    Yeah one of my modules isn't showing up at all!

• Advertisement

2 As 1 B 1C 1D and an E.only 25 credits though,whats the story with compensating

Wish i knew for certain myself, this is up on the UCD FAQ -

I have an E grade that I hope to pass by compensation, what do I do?
    If you have an E grade for a failed module you may be able to compensate that module at a future point depending on your GPA and the number of modules you have successfully completed in that particular stage.

Information from the General Regulations: 5.9.2. "Where a student has completed an attempt at a stage and has obtained passing grades (including an I grade) in modules accounting for 75% or more of the total credit required to successfully complete the stage, and the compensation GPA for the attempt at the stage is 2.00 or greater, E grades are considered compensated, and a final grade of E(C) is awarded. The grade of E(C) carries a grade point of 1.6."

http://www.ucd.ie/students/resits_repeats/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

These are only provisional results.
    I think the compensation is applied by the time the final results come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

3.77!! So happy may cry!!! i love u all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

alan4cult wrote: »
    These are only provisional results.
    I think the compensation is applied by the time the final results come out.

Not until the end of the stage iirc, so when the summer results come out.

@ alan4cult I was thinking that, but I compensated one last year and the E(C) was on the prov. results then iirc.
    You could well be right though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Goodbye boards.ie

Closing this damned account, too much of a distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

compensation is quite complicated if you have to find out about it on your own but here's what happens with it;
    to compensate an E grade you need to have 9 out of 12 modules for the year(45 credits overall) and have a gpa thats over 2.0. You can compensate up to 3 modules but again only if you have 9 passed and the gpa of at least 2.0. If you have this the E grades will automatically have PC(pass by compensation) beside them on your results part on SIS but this will only happen after you've received your results from the summer exams. Once the E grades are compensated the Gpa you receive for your E grade(1.6) will increase to 2.0 which is the same as a D-. so you may as well compensate other than repeat as even if you got an A+ in the repeat the gpa you'd receive from it is capped at 2.0 max which is the same as just compensating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tipptop1

can the grades change from preliminary results to final results? are the results we got today the final results?(apart from compensations and that)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

If I know my GPA for 112.5 credits how do I work out how 10 credits would impact the GPA from those 112.5 plus this new 10 credits?

As in how would I work out what I would get for the total 122.5 credits providing I get X GPA in that 10 credits.

I think I have it worked out, I just want to double check - thanks in advance for any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Guest11

Lads what does p(r) mean.Its written as a grade for my repeat module, but I think I've been given the credits.Has it definitely been corrected?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Heliotrope

Strange, my GPA is in including the two stage 1 optional modules I took this year, not just the three stafe two modules I've taken. Thought it was only the latter that mattered.

Anyone any ideas why?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sweetiepie

Guest11 wrote: »
    Lads what does p(r) mean.Its written as a grade for my repeat module, but I think I've been given the credits.Has it definitely been corrected?

You've passed your repeat!

As have I-I'm so thrilled!! Didn't sleep a wink last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Heliotrope wrote: »
    Strange, my GPA is in including the two stage 1 optional modules I took this year, not just the three stafe two modules I've taken. Thought it was only the latter that mattered.

Anyone any ideas why?

What degree are you in. If you take a class it counts towards your GPA.

Got my first ever D and second ever C. Stupid masters, stupid pass rate being 50%. I was worried about failing though so I guess anything's an improvement. GPA of 3.4 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Heliotrope

Doing Arts, History and English are my core. Have been doing Art History as a third one, should have done it in first year but I'm doing it back to front. Was under the impression that it didn't count towards my degree GPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Heliotrope wrote: »
    Doing Arts, History and English are my core. Have been doing Art History as a third one, should have done it in first year but I'm doing it back to front. Was under the impression that it didn't count towards my degree GPA.

I didn't do arts so I'm not certain but as far as I know every subject you do counts towards your GPA but depending on your degree breakdown some years of your course may not count towards your final degree grade. E.g only 2nd and 3rd year count (the subjects you take that year, not the level of the subjects e.g level 0/level 1 will count if you take them in 3rd year)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Unless Arts has changed in the last 2 years then all modules done in 2nd and 3rd count towards your GPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Apparently got an E in a module that I expected around a B/ B- in!

Anybody any idea how to query the result?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

What degree are you in. If you take a class it counts towards your GPA.

Got my first ever D and second ever C. Stupid masters, stupid pass rate being 50%. I was worried about failing though so I guess anything's an improvement. GPA of 3.4 :mad:

If the pass rate is only 50% and your GPA is 3.4, you should be thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Commerce (BComm) Stage GPA
    Status Earned credits Attempted credits STAGE GPA
    Stage 1
    INCOMPLETE

Any idea why that says incomplete? No fails or anything

I took three modules and got three As. So happy. I thought I'd scrape a C in one of them. I'm finished my undergrad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

A+, A, A, A, A-, B+. You could scrape me off the floor, honest to god, I think I have someone else's grades? Is anybody missing anything?

AdamD wrote: »
    Stage 1
    INCOMPLETE

You won't have a complete stage until you do 60 credits! Or 120 credits for stage 2 :)

Musefan wrote: »
    A+, A, A, A, A-, B+. You could scrape me off the floor, honest to god, I think I have someone else's grades? Is anybody missing anything?

I hope not! Click on the CRN code. That will take you to a break down of assessment components. Do they match the grades for any continuous assessment you've received?

Just looking at it, they do match, which is probably the most shocking thing! Well done to everyone, and I hope everyone is content with what they got, and have a worry free day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

AdamD wrote: »
    Stage 1
    INCOMPLETE

It's stage 1 thats incomplete. You need to pass the year to complete stage 1 as far as I know. Once you get 60 credits it'll be complete.

I was dreading these results but they've actually turned out really well, I'm so shocked. Hopefully everyone else is happy enough, see yiz in town tonight ;)

Advertisement