Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd exams

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭shygal

kkumk wrote: »
    I've done that, can be hit or miss depending on the lecturer! Best thing to do is be logical and say something like I'm just really worried I'll make the same mistakes again could you tell me what I did wrong please etc. Emphasize how much you enjoyed the module and how much work you put in and how devastated you are! Never get angry or say you think it was marked wrong etc! Of all the times I've tried it, 3/4 worked :)

does that work with failed modules aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

It's not a science! If you think you have a case go talk to your lecturer. It won't cause any harm anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Well I emailed one lad and he wrote back seconds later saying "Sorry you weren't happy with your grade, but it will not change" bahaha :o

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Well I emailed one lad and he wrote back seconds later saying "Sorry you weren't happy with your grade, but it will not change" bahaha :o

Ah well, worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Well I emailed one lad and he wrote back seconds later saying "Sorry you weren't happy with your grade, but it will not change, bahaha :o"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

WeeBushy wrote: »
    It's not a science! If you think you have a case go talk to your lecturer. It won't cause any harm anyway.

Yea my friend got hers changed from an E to a D for pretty much no reason at all!! Sound lecturer!! :D

Ah no you have to do it in person, confrontation is your friend, most lecturers hate it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shaneooo

Im in first year arts i did F all and my results show it. I got 2 D- and 3E's. what can I do,can I progress to semester 2? and just repeat the 3?please help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

A
    A-
    B
    B
    C
    C-
    D+

Drunk now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

pljudge321 wrote: »
    If you e-mail a lecturer about your paper would he look over it or would you have to go through the appeals process?

Anyone been through it before? Does it take long?

I've e-mailed a lecturer before, turns out only one of my booklets was corrected.
    Sweet deal, happened me before!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

I got an E in a module and I calculated all the different parts to it etc and it works out that I got 38%. :( Kinda tempted to email my lecturer to see if he missed anything that could bump me up to a pass.

• Advertisement

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    I got an E in a module and I calculated all the different parts to it etc and it works out that I got 38%. :( Kinda tempted to email my lecturer to see if he missed anything that could bump me up to a pass.

As above, worth a shot. The worst he can do is say go away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

shaneooo wrote: »
    Im in first year arts i did F all and my results show it. I got 2 D- and 3E's. what can I do,can I progress to semester 2? and just repeat the 3?please help.

Pass everything in semester 2 and the 3 E's will be passed by compensation. You're walking a tightrope though. But it's best to ask the programme office just to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ucd11

Hi guys, just a quick question. I know to pass by compensation you have to pass 9 out of the 12 modules and have a GPA of 2.0 or over, and a compensated module carries a GPA of 2.0.
    So, to be have a GPA of 2.0 or over to pass by compensation, does that mean the GPA before the compensation GPA's of 1.6 are added to it, or does it mean your current GPA before the modules are compensated?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

I'm only first year and I know this might be incredibly pedantic / it doesn't affect my degree GPA, as it's a + and I was expecting around a B I'd like to bump it up, at very least it looks better on my transcript if, as I plan, to do a postgrad after degree, and also, it's a core module, so kind of looks silly doing well in electives, but not a core.

I wouldn't worry. A C+ in first year on your transcripts won't sway your application to a Masters one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

So I drop the resit for the E grade I got, and then compensate in Summer right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Just to clarify, if I want to look at an exam paper do I just go to the program office of the relevant school and just ask for my exam paper? Or is there an application process?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Just to clarify, if I want to look at an exam paper do I just go to the program office of the relevant school and just ask for my exam paper? Or is there an application process?

Email the lecturer and ask, a lot of my lecturers almost encourage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Princess HLS

I got an overall GPA of 3.4 in Semester 1. Is that average?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I got an overall GPA of 3.4 in Semester 1. Is that average?

not at all but it can depend on what course youre doing.

a C is technically average which is around 2.8, a 3.4 equates to a solid B which is very good.

Advertisement