Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long distance boyfriend?

Options
  • 15-12-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Completely at a loss for this one!

I've been going out with a 20 year old guy for 2 months (will be three on christmas day :D) and he lives in England. I'll be going over after christmas to him and was planning on getting him a christmas pressie!
    The thing is, as I'll be taking a flight with luggage restrictions, so I can't get anything particularly heavy or big and I have a fairly tight budget too. He's into his video games but seems to have all the new games (I don't know anything about them). He isn't sporty, not into cooking, doesn't read much and doesn't seem to have a huge amount of hobbies...

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

What about a flight voucher that he could use to visit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

MP3 player..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Give the gift of game! If he's into consoles pick up a controller, and if it's proper PC gaming have a bash at Portal or something easy. Will have a lasting effect with him knowing you're not into gaming and will leave a better impression that you're showing an interest in his likes etc.

Failing that, a voucher for something against razer if he's a comp gamer, or a bunch of live points or whatever if it's xbox, if a straightforward GAME one isn't doable. After a couple of months I really wouldn't break the bank, especially when YOU'RE doing the legwork

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Coll79

Dump him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Coll79 stick to helpful advice. Thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement