Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be vilgilant driving in the area.

Options
  • 15-12-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

The mother of a friend was driving from Lucan village up towards Superquinn when she stopped at the lights at Vesey Park yesterday. Somebody ran to the car, opened the passenger door and took her handbag from the floor and ran off towards the village. This woman would be in her 60's and got quite a fright. She also had quite a bit of cash in her bag as well as credit cards etc.

Obviously she should have had her door locked etc but this post is not about that. Its purely to let people know that this is now happening in Lucan. I would usually tend to be more cautious depending on the area I am driving through but up until now I would be more relaxed here. Its the first time I've heard of this type of thing in the area. So be vigilant and take precautions. If you have elderly parents let them know too.

Have a happy and hopefully safe Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh that's awful, is she OK?

I never remember to lock my doors, thanks for the heads up about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Cheers phasers,

She wasn't harmed at all - just a major shock. Apparently she had taken out a large sum in one of the banks in the village and they are wondering if she was being watched. Drving licence and passport also gone. Like I said it was a bit of a shock to hear about it happening here and thats why I'm passing it on.

I was actually wondering would it be worth starting a thread to make people aware of various incidents in the area.

I've recently heard of a sneaky thief taking two laptops from a kitchen while the owners were watching Xfactor in the front room. This happened just up the road.

I had a female friend walking up to Hillcrest from Kennys who was attacked at the footbridge at Tesco. A guy unsuccessfully tried to grab her bag.

My brother in laws racing bike was stolen from inside his car in Beech Park

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dufresne wrote: »
    Somebody ran to the car, opened the passenger door and took her handbag from the floor and ran off towards the village. .

Christ! I've personally witnessed this happen twice in Blanch, but I have never even heard of this happen in Lucan before :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

seen a hijacking once in blanch, all people have to do is lock the doors, it's easy you just bend over and flip the passenger lock and all other locks i think it takes 5 seconds and there ye go. not that hard is it ?.

that puts an end to someone opening your door and robbing your purse. i might sound sarcastic but it's the most common sense thing to do and the only way they can get in is to smash the window but by the time they manage this you will be long gone.

start engine, lock doors and off you go.

Advertisement