Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had enough

Options
  • 15-12-2011 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I am sick to my teeth of my broadband disconnecting and then re connecting, I was promised by the sales rep that with the ngb that this wouldn't happen anymore as it was happening with vodafone, he explained that there were so many of us on the one line that was why it kept disconnecting.
    With eircom ngb it is worse, as soon as my contract is up I will be changing as customer care are no help to anyone.
    Do this try that and none of it works.

I have reached the end of my tether with it now and am stuck with it until June12.

The reps are misleading the customer into buying their product, never ever again will I have any dealings with Eircom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I am sick to my teeth of my broadband disconnecting and then re connecting, I was promised by the sales rep that with the ngb that this wouldn't happen anymore as it was happening with vodafone, he explained that there were so many of us on the one line that was why it kept disconnecting.
    With eircom ngb it is worse, as soon as my contract is up I will be changing as customer care are no help to anyone.
    Do this try that and none of it works.

I have reached the end of my tether with it now and am stuck with it until June12.

The reps are misleading the customer into buying their product, never ever again will I have any dealings with Eircom.

Hi jellybaby21,

I checked the history of your connection and contact with broadband support. The speed / sync is testing steady at 8MB to the main socket.

Broadband support have a call on the 07/11/11 regarding the issue but that turned out to be a "loose wire". prior to that the last call was in 2010.

There can be a few factors that may lower the speed or affect the wifi signal IE depending on how many people / devices are connecting.

I apologise but everything seems fine from a network point of view.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

That is nothing to do with the broadband disconnecting and reconnecting, what is the point in logging a call I have done it before and it doesn't do any good.

Holding steady at 8mb? Yeah right, when it does work I do get good speed alright but no good when it keeps disconnecting, most of the time we are only running one laptop off it which is about 6ft from where the router is.

I will log a call tomorrow about it, but as I said I was promised by your sales rep that my line would not drop AT ALL.

Yet it does consistantly every single day.

I will log a call tomorrow, and every day after that then, because it happens every single day and it has gotten worse recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Oh and prior to that the last call wasn't 2010 either btw your logs must be wrong.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you checked your line stats?

Also have you tried changing your wireless channel?

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/lowSNR.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

That is nothing to do with the broadband disconnecting and reconnecting, what is the point in logging a call I have done it before and it doesn't do any good.

Holding steady at 8mb? Yeah right, when it does work I do get good speed alright but no good when it keeps disconnecting, most of the time we are only running one laptop off it which is about 6ft from where the router is.

I will log a call tomorrow about it, but as I said I was promised by your sales rep that my line would not drop AT ALL.

Yet it does consistantly every single day.

I will log a call tomorrow, and every day after that then, because it happens every single day and it has gotten worse recently.

Hi jellybaby21,

That may be something worth checking are you using the correct PPoE username eircom@eircom.net

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement