Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad as a gaming device...

• 15-12-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I use my iPad for gaming but so far mostly casual gaming, the ubiquitous AngryBirds, Hangman, Monopoly, Carcasonne, SimCity DLX and scrabble all translate well to iPad.

Of the more traditional 'Gamers games' Tiger Woods Golf 12 is excellent and plays very well. However, I've found it extremely difficult to manage playing C&C Red Alert and Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Thankfully I only spent 69pence on those titles) to any great extent. I find the iPad clunky in this regard and feel a game pad or keyboard support would make it a far better gaming device although that would definitely defeat its purpose in many senses.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

It really is only good for casual gaming at the moment.

In the future I can see it becoming more suitable for serious gaming. For example you play a game on your TV through air play, and can buy a handheld controller to play. So start the game, put the iPad on the coffee table and pick up the controller to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

There's a good one called Chopper which if you purchased on the ipad you cna download the iphone version for free..
    You can then connect your ipad to the your tv and use the actual iphone to control it.....very well implemented..
    I'd really like to see more games supported like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    There's a good one called Chopper which if you purchased on the ipad you cna download the iphone version for free..
    You can then connect your ipad to the your tv and use the actual iphone to control it.....very well implemented..
    I'd really like to see more games supported like this.

Good idea but again ties you into getting an iPhone. Those without one (me :)) would have to use the iPad screen to control the game and that's not easy :)

I'd rather see Apple just produce a standard dedicated controller.

Advertisement