Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

links dont work, but even if i dont see them i can tell you this: maplin will bend you over, lube you up very nicely, and then make sweet love to your wallet. ( dirty, i know )

went to buy a wireless keyboard+mouse for my old pc which i got connected to my telly. 50 quid... same set in soundstore - 29.99eu

sata cable - 10eu

ati 6870 in maplins, qoute - 580eu ( i **** you not )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have yet to see a bundle better/cheaper than the individual components that the good folks here could pick you out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ati 6870 in maplins, qoute - 580eu ( i **** you not )

:eek::eek::eek:
    that is madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Nokia08

Thanks for that, links work now :)

Well they are complete packages for like betwee 109 and 150 euro. IF anyone could do better lol fair play like.

First of all: what sort of budget you are looking at for your gaming pc?

Are you planing to make one from the scratch or you got already some parts.

If you give more info, then we can tell of its better go for napkin stuff or better of getting different setup.

• Advertisement

P.s those bundles are really crap...

Second one is ancient..

Okay thanks for that :) see thats all i wanted to see :) ill post up the details in a min :)

1. What is your budget? €500 as close as possible

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? I'm a student Can get one cheap

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Can get a 80gb hard drive

5. Do you need a monitor? no

5a. If yes, what size do you need. n/a

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 720x1080

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Well wireless would be handy, but not totally necessary

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? haven't done so before
    8. How can you pay? online cash, how ever i need to

9. When are you purchasing? Soon as possible

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Limerick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I know the 80gb is too small but maybe he could use it for a few months until the price of hard drives settle back to what they were pre floods and buy one then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement