Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velux "Solar Powered" blackout blinds

• 15-12-2011 5:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up on these solar blinds for anyone who maybe thinking of buying them..

I bought in 4 large Velux blinds today from a well known Dublin Builders Providers.

I got a fantastic deal on the 4 blinds.They are all GGU SO6 size,large size (1.1 meter x 1 meter size).

2 of them are solar powered with remote controls (bedroom) and 2 of them are manual operated (kitchen).

They are very easy to fit,as they simply click into place into the frame of the velux window.

Theres loads of colours to chose from and they are fool proof when it comes to fitting.

Pics to follow.:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Few pics of the blinds.

Pic 1 shows manual blind (top) and solar blind (bottom)

Pic 2 shows solar panel on the top of the solar blind

Pic 3 shows the small remote control for the solar blind

Pic 4 shows the Velux window,and why having the solar blinds is rather handy (height wize).

Having the solar remote blinds on the Velux windows in the bedroom means that you dont have to worry about having to get in and out of bed and reach up with a pole to open or close the blind.It can be done via the remote from the comfort of the bed.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Having the solar remote blinds on the Velux windows in the bedroom means that you dont have to worry about having to get in and out of bed and reach up with a pole to open or close the blind.It can be done via the remote from the comfort of the bed.
    :D

Good gear Paddy

Carlow52 wrote: »
    :D

Good gear Paddy

Thanks.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

What sort of money are we talking about here Paddy?

gman2k wrote: »
    What sort of money are we talking about here Paddy?

I,ll dig out the invoice tomorrow and tell you.:)

I think the solar blinds were about 270 euro each.

• Advertisement

The manual blinds (Velux Pal ) were alot cheaper though.

Some pics of the install of both the manual blinds and the solar blinds.

My girlfriend got up on the ladder and installed them,and she took some pics.

Velux make it very easy to install these blinds.The blinds click into place in the velux frame.

But a small screwgun and drill bit is needed to drill the pilot holes for the retaining screws to be screwed into the side rails.:)

And the solar powered blinds.These work very well indeed.:D

Advertisement