Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I do my driving test on a Monkey (BIKE!)?

• 15-12-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hello Lads,

I know this sounds a little crazy.. But thought it would be a good laugh.

Does anyone know if it's legal to do my bike test on a Monkey Bike?

They can be got with over 150cc engine, have all the neccessay lights/indicaters/speedo/manual gears... they can be completly road legal.

Imagine turning up for your test on that thing!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

op you seem to have alot of free time on your hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If it's road legal, then it's road legal.

But I'm sure there's a clause somewhere that allows the tester to refuse to carry out a test on safety grounds, even if the vehicle is road legal. In the case of a monkey bike, you're too low to the ground to be safe in traffic.

Though yes, it would be hilarious :D
    Sounds like a sketch you should sell to a hidden camera show.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 colatube

op you seem to have alot of free time on your hand.

And what about my other hand?! :confused:

Yeah, really need some clarification on this! I can't see the health and safety thing holding up if it's all ready been deemed safe for road use?

For instance, could I do my bike test on a bike with a side car?! Surely that's cheating too?!

I wanna do my test on a monkey bike, and kick the test's ass! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

colatube wrote: »
    I wanna do my test on a monkey bike, and kick the test's ass! :D

seriously?:eek:

seriously?:eek:

YES!!!

What if I was an odd shapped little creature and a monkey bike was the perfect machine for my prefered riding style and I felt completely comfortable with my riding position on one?! :eek:

What If I was poor, and the only thing I could afford was a Hu Wai Ma Ling Lang Chinese Monkey Bike for 200euro delivered to my door?! :eek:

Also, I would like to know if I could do my Garda BikeSafe, and my Aon assesment on one?!

Good cheap way to get into biking...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Can't see a problem once its over 150cc and road legal.
    Go for it!

Take pics..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Hahaha op is class.
    It would be hilhairyarse to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Let us know when your test is.

I for one will turn up to see this. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

can mini motos be made road legal?

you want sketchs for a hidden camera show...I can think of a whole series of them involving mini motos

hope you do it on a monkeybike and pass OP...tks for the laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

:D

Has to be a piss take:pac:

• Advertisement

Lads I can promise you guys, If I can find out for sure about the lagalities regarding this, I WILL most definetly go out there and do my damndest to pass my test on one of these...

Roll on the summer :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

have they got a manually operated clutch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

Lads I can promise you guys, If I can find out for sure about the lagalities regarding this, I WILL most definetly go out there and do my damndest to pass my test on one of these...

Roll on the summer :p

Class. Keep us updated. U need someone to video the moment...im ur man

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

I think there will be a gang of people outside the test centre to cheer and applaud when you pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

What if I was an odd shapped little creature

What If I was poor,

Good cheap way to get into biking...

What if you were a troll?

I agree with the bit that it would be funny to do your test on a monkey bike, but I disagree that is a cheap way to get into biking. If you can only afford a new monkey bike then you would be better off buying a decent second hand 'normal' bike instead. I don't know of any large cc monkey bikes but from what I've seen if you buy a Chinese Wing-Wang Monkey-ped for daily use you will spend a lot of time pushing it.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

a friend of mine has a 150cc one that he built and suped up, problem is they have a clone honda 50 type engine so no clutch= restricted full license to automatics

Advertisement