Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about changing gun on licence

Options
  • 15-12-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

hi all,
    Just a quick question. I part exchanged my .22 lr for a pump action shotgun. Can i send in the fca2 form to remove the rifle and put on the shot gun or would i have to apply for a new licence as thet are different firearms??

Kind regards

James

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

FCA2 is only for ameding (incorrect) details on your current license or cancelling a license altogether.

You need to complete an FCA1 and tick substitution, and see if it goes through as such. They might entertain it as its a non-restricted for a non restricted however as one is a shotgun, and the other a rifle it's possible that they want a full application which still requires an FCA1.

If it a sub then you need only fill in certain sections of the FCA1 however if its a full application you need to complete all sections of the FCA1.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭james4510

thanks for that will prob send in the sub and see how it goes and if they want i will do the full fca1 if they wont do it as a substitution.
    thanks for the reply

Advertisement