Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't play bf3 or mw3 online.

Options
  • 15-12-2011 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭

I can connect to xbox live fine, but when I try playing then it logs me out saying my connection is lost, fifa 12 works fine but they don't, it's not a NAT issue as they've worked all along and it's not the a disc issue as they work in others xbox's.

It's only since the new dashboard, anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

Go to Network settings and do a connection test. What, if any, errors do you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

None, it connects fine when not trying to okay either of the games, can be in parties etc but when playing the games it kicks me out new...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Fixed it by clearing cache and redownloading my profile!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Fixed it by clearing cache and redownloading my profile!

How do you clear the cache, I am having the same problem with MW3. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SweetEmpathy

I've heard a few people are having trouble with this. I don't have a clue how to fix it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

Issues with your Xbox 360 console can often be resolved by removing temporary files and data from the system cache. The cache stores such items as game updates, system update installation packages and gamer pictures of your friends.

Clearing the Xbox 360 cache does not remove:
    •Your gamertag
    •Content that you have downloaded
    •Game files
    •Console software updates

Clearing the cache temporarily removes:
    •Previously downloaded game updates. You will be prompted to download these updates again the next time you try to play the games.

To clear the system cache

1.Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

2.Select Storage or Memory.

3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)

4.Select Clear System Cache.

5.When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Rochie IRL wrote: »
    http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

Issues with your Xbox 360 console can often be resolved by removing temporary files and data from the system cache. The cache stores such items as game updates, system update installation packages and gamer pictures of your friends.

Clearing the Xbox 360 cache does not remove:
    •Your gamertag
    •Content that you have downloaded
    •Game files
    •Console software updates

Clearing the cache temporarily removes:
    •Previously downloaded game updates. You will be prompted to download these updates again the next time you try to play the games.

To clear the system cache

1.Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.

2.Select Storage or Memory.

3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)

4.Select Clear System Cache.

5.When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Thanks didnt know any of that! My problem and its only since the new update is during a game of Battlefield 3 i will be kicked out of the game with a message saying 'Connection lost to EA servers' or something like that. I do not get kicked from the party chat however and can usually join straight back into a friends game.

Has anyone experienced this and will the above solution fix this? My internet is wired and works fine, its more or less since the update recently on BF3 im having this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Thanks didnt know any of that! My problem and its only since the new update is during a game of Battlefield 3 i will be kicked out of the game with a message saying 'Connection lost to EA servers' or something like that. I do not get kicked from the party chat however and can usually join straight back into a friends game.

Has anyone experienced this and will the above solution fix this? My internet is wired and works fine, its more or less since the update recently on BF3 im having this problem.

I had that issue on Sunday evening as well. Pretty annoying, but it didn't seem to happen once last night so I think the servers might have been a bit ropey on Sunday. (I'm with UPC, may have been a factor also...)

Advertisement