Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blu Ray Vostro 3700

Options
  • 15-12-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

I have a Dell Vostro 3700 and wanted to upgrade to a Blu Ray drive I thought it would be simple but he said that the Dell mb wouldn't be able to support a blu ray drive, is that true or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i dont know much about laptop upgrades, but it looks like you cant get blu-ray even from new.

plus that screen does not support HD.

i am not sure, but i would guess there is no way to make it bluray HD laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

The graphics card supports HD though, and when I'm at home I use it like a dekstop with a wireless kb and mouse on a 42" HD tv via HDMI, so thats why I wanted the Blu Ray. I think he said it was the bus speed or something like that, that was stopping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Thats BS that it would not work i have a nearly 4 year old laptop that has a Blu ray burner and player in it and thats fine i dont see why a Vostro 3700 could not handle one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Look here is one for sale for your laptop you dont have to get this one any laptop one will fit it http://www.laptopdvdrw.com/dell-vostro-3700-bd-re-blu-ray-drive-burner-p-38536.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

like i said, i did not knew much about laptop upgrades, but i was thinking of blu ray movies so.

i guess bluray can be storage. so if you got sata connection then it should work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Thanks lads

Advertisement