Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rendering videos with Hardware Encoding (AMD): What editor?

Options
  • 15-12-2011 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a video editor that uses AMD's Hardware Encoding technology, to speed up video encoding, does anyone know of anything that does this?
    I know Cyberlink's Media Espresso does this, but after using it a little, it feels very limited with what formats, what resolutions, what FPS etc. that I can render the video in, so I'd prefer something with a little more freedom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Mediaespresso isn't really an editor...
    And AMD doesn't actually have a hardware encoder - it is HW acceleration using Software running on the GPU compute elements.

Main editors to look at are Sony Vegas, Cyberlink Power Director or you can go the whole hog with Adobe Premier Pro.
    There are other alternatives around - most have trial versions so you can try them out.

AFAIK all 3 listed above support Intel Quicksync, AMD APU/GPUs, NVidia CUDA.

I use PowerDirector 10 and it makes use of AMD or Intel for me (I need to choose before loading) as each has it's benefits.

Advertisement