Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Geography Diagrams- 1/2 SRP's?

• 15-12-2011 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a quick answer is a labelled/fully annotated diagram with a frame worth 1 or 2 SRP's?.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Nearly certain our teacher told us theyre worth 2 SRPs each! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Thanks do you know of there's any way of drawing a diagram when discussing metamorphic rock formation? Cannot think of one at all!

Thanks do you know of there's any way of drawing a diagram when discussing metamorphic rock formation? Cannot think of one at all!

Ermm theres no specific that I can think of, unless you just draw a simplified version of the rock cycle? Like an arrow showing how igneous/sedimentary can change to metamorphic by compression/compaction maybe?
    Ive never actually done a long question on metamorphic to need one.. (Normally you get a choice and i always pick igneous :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Just looking for a quick answer is a labelled/fully annotated diagram with a frame worth 1 or 2 SRP's?.
    It's one SRP, sometimes the examiner will award an extra SRP if the diagram contained extra information or was of a very high standard etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

My teacher says we can get up to 6 marks (so thats 3 srp's) but usually only if the examiner needs to increase the amount of A's, and you cant get marked for more than 2 diagrams.
    Yep! Is it not in your book? I have Today's World 1 for physical/regional, and its like a rock surrounded by magma for thermal, and mountains with rocks under them or something like that for regional (thats the term isnt it? :P)

http://dnowlan.ca/VM/science7/planetearth/formation_metamorphic.jpg this one works but its different to my one :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 33 Geo20Limerick

deise_girl wrote: »
    Ermm theres no specific that I can think of, unless you just draw a simplified version of the rock cycle? Like an arrow showing how igneous/sedimentary can change to metamorphic by compression/compaction maybe?
    Ive never actually done a long question on metamorphic to need one.. (Normally you get a choice and i always pick igneous :P)

Unfortunately you don't get a choice. Sedimentary rocks came up in 2009, metamorphic came up 2010 and last year Igneous. So this year could be metamorphic or sedimentary!

Unfortunately you don't get a choice. Sedimentary rocks came up in 2009, metamorphic came up 2010 and last year Igneous. So this year could be metamorphic or sedimentary!

Seriously? I was not aware of this... I want my yummy igneous rocks damnit :P

Seriously? I was not aware of this... I want my yummy igneous rocks damnit :P[/QUOTE

Just look through the exam papers .. it sucks really cause igneous are the easiest!!

Seriously? I was not aware of this... I want my yummy igneous rocks damnit :P[/QUOTE

Just look through the exam papers .. it sucks really cause igneous are the easiest!!

I havnt even started looking through exam papers... But Im only a 5th year (Thats my excuse and Im sticking too it :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I actually think Metamorphic rock discussion is very simple! Name the 2 rocks, where they are in Ireland and what rocks they were orginally. Explain Metamorphism with an Irish example, talk about the 3 types of metamorphism (regional, thermal, dynamic with examples). Talk about the effect of metamorphism in rocks (changing colour, crystals etc.) Pop in a quick diagram and voila! :D

• Advertisement

I actually think Metamorphic rock discussion is very simple! Name the 2 rocks, where they are in Ireland and what rocks they were orginally. Explain Metamorphism with an Irish example, talk about the 3 types of metamorphism (regional, thermal, dynamic with examples). Talk about the effect of metamorphism in rocks (changing colour, crystals etc.) Pop in a quick diagram and voila! :D

Would it not be easier to open the question by briefly mentioning how metamorphism occurs, then what temp and pressure it occurs then go into detail of marble and quartzite of how they formed?
    Because the examiner is entitled to ask for two rocks, like she done in 2011 with 2 igneous rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭crayon1

I think it is if a diagram is asked for it can be worth 2-3 SRP's....but other than that I think they are worth 1 SRP. If you have any self explanatory label of extra information that is not in your text you can get an extra SRP for that!

Advertisement