Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brushing baby teeth

Options
  • 15-12-2011 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭

When should we start brushing 15 months teeth ? Has a lot up . And what toothpaste?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

You can start now (actually think advice now is to brush from babies even if just brushing gums). Anyway start now. No toothpaste till 2 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pugins wrote: »
    You can start now (actually think advice now is to brush from babies even if just brushing gums). Anyway start now. No toothpaste till 2 years old.
    So is the idea to brush out any lodged food ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

The idea is the same as brushing an adults teeth - removing plaque etc. With babies and toddlers you are also trying to teach them the practice of good dental hygiene. I have been brushing my daughters teeth & gums twice a day since her first tooth came up at 5 months old.

No toothpaste necessary until 2 years old as stated above, just a damp toothbrush that will fit easily in their mouth. We have colgate stage one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Just use tap water as it contains fluoride :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Also, if your toddler won't let you use a toothbrush, you can use a wet washcloth to rub the teeth until he/she gets used to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

MaudL wrote: »
    Also, if your toddler won't let you use a toothbrush, you can use a wet washcloth to rub the teeth until he/she gets used to it
    Started this morning and he enjoyed it. Even gave it a go himself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

There's also a little silicone brush that fits on your finger for very small ones... i find them great ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ericsinjun

cbyrd wrote: »
    There's also a little silicone brush that fits on your finger for very small ones... i find them great ;)
    Where can you get this gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Chemist's usually have them.. they're a clear silicone piece that fit over your finger with silicone bristles very soft and easy to use.. i got them in Hickey's;)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ericsinjun

Thanks. We've been brushing our daughters teeth since she got them but she's a divil for biting on the brush. Might give this a go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement