Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

The name is self contradicting in that "ginger" implies redness and blue...well...erm!

I seriously doubt that ginger implies anything to do with redness in China, or the rest of asia for that matter. :confused:

Blue ginger is galangal, a type of ginger. You can get it in any asian shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

reprazant wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that ginger implies anything to do with redness in China, or the rest of asia for that matter. :confused:

Blue ginger is galangal, a type of ginger. You can get it in any asian shop.

QI. Buzz kill.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It doesn't say where exactly in Blackrock, but it sounds fancy and suitable expensive no doubt.

http://www.businessandleadership.com/small-business/item/40388-celesio-opening-flagship/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

a new Paddy Powers either opened or about to open in Stillorgan beside AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

Xtravision Ballybrack and Shankill are closing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Rathgar aswell. Aussie bbq opening in rathgar. Early learning centre closed in dundrum shopping centre along with neola aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Planning permission is in for shankill shopping centre. Due to start work in may.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

ted1 wrote: »
    Planning permission is in for shankill shopping centre. Due to start work in may.

Lets hope they build bigger walls around the car park!:D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/diarmaid/33854352/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tabnabs wrote: »
    It doesn't say where exactly in Blackrock, but it sounds fancy and suitable expensive no doubt.

http://www.businessandleadership.com/small-business/item/40388-celesio-opening-flagship/

Celesio = Unicare / DocMorris. They've spent a huge sum rebranding as DocMorris then they went and sold the original German business with that name, so this is likely the next new brand...

So its quite likely just an existing one of those rebranded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

MYOB wrote: »
    Celesio = Unicare / DocMorris. They've spent a huge sum rebranding as DocMorris then they went and sold the original German business with that name, so this is likely the next new brand...

So its quite likely just an existing one of those rebranded.

Yes it is the old unicare in Blackrock shopping centre it is fab was in there during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Mitsubishi Motors (Bill Sheehan & Sons) seem to have opened where Rathdown Motors once was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

You'd think they'd keep one of them open. Ballybrack seems busy.

Oh well, not much point carrying the card in the wallet any more, if you're from that area of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

I don't know when it opened but subway opened in Bray beside the Royal Marine Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

leemaree wrote: »
    I don't know when it opened but subway opened in Bray beside the Royal Marine Hotel

Are you talking about the Royal Hotel in Bray? As far as I know the other hotel is located in Dun Laoghaire.

Are you talking about the Royal Hotel in Bray? As far as I know the other hotel is located in Dun Laoghaire.

Yes the Royal in Bray

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

According to that, the top 3 floors are apartments. That can't be true, can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

reprazant wrote: »
    According to that, the top 3 floors are apartments. That can't be true, can it?

No, the article says it has planning permission to
    be converted for mixed use with retail facilities on the ground floor, offices at first and second floor level and three floors of apartments

it's just in a bit of a no-man's land between The People's Park and the old centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Just had a late lunch in "The Blue Ginger". The dish was the BBQ Brisket Panini. It's the second or third item down in the lunch menu. My verdict? Absolutely delicious!

It was of a very high quality and brilliant value at only €8.95 considering that it came with chunky chips!

I had been dying to try out brisket ever since I started watching Man V Food which often made a fuss about that particular cut of beef. Finally, Mission Accomplished!:D

I would highly recommend the dish if anyone here thinks of going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

~I see the half completed abandoned apartment site more or less opposite the library on lwr Georges Street Dun Laoghaire, finally has a 'sale agreed' sign slapped on it after 6 years sitting empty.

Does anyone know what's the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Motion Picture in DL has a closing down sale sign in the window.

Motion Picture in DL has a closing down sale sign in the window.

That closed down months ago? and renamed Guys and dolls. Wonder when it's closing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Has Nandos opened in Dun Laoghaire yet?

errlloyd wrote: »
    Has Nandos opened in Dun Laoghaire yet?

It's opening in the summer according to their Facebook page

is it really as good as people make it out to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Eh, no. Its not brilliant.

Its probably on the same level / slightly higher than Eddie Rockets below say milano. I only go because on the student card I have you get a free soft drink which is bottomless, means you eat a pretty decently sized meal for a tenner.

Oh, and I love chicken. The chicken is of a much much higher quality than say KFC. (Different league)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Its so so so good seriously. Staff are really friendly and theres a very nice atmosphere about the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No, over priced, the hen house in the pavilion is better

Advertisement