Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

It's going back to being an off license alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Yes I was there today and I can confirm that it will be an off license again as staff were stocking the shelves full of beers and wines. The upstairs is now gone so it's a much smaller unit than it was.

In other news a new pizza place Zero Zero Pizza will open on Patrick Street in DL tommorrow they have a mobile unit which does events and I look forward to trying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Stephen15 wrote: »

In other news a new pizza place Zero Zero Pizza will open on Patrick Street in DL tommorrow they have a mobile unit which does events and I look forward to trying it.

"Bits n pizzas" also on Patrick St won't like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

frash wrote: »
    "Bits n pizzas" also on Patrick St won't like that!

they've had enough notice, I posted this in Feb 2017 :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102749021&postcount=2667

Carphone Warehouse in Carrickmines is gone moved to Currys/PC World.

Pizza Max looks to be opening at the top of Stillorgan Hill beside Bolands.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Carphone Warehouse in Carrickmines is gone moved to Currys/PC World.

Pizza Max looks to be opening at the top of Stillorgan Hill beside Bolands.

Surrpised that took so long, its very out of the way where it is, despite the cafes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Strudel Bakery is now open on Patrick Street in Dun Laoghaire where Kearneys Butchers used to be.

https://www.instagram.com/strudelbakery/

Cotswold Outdoor now open in Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

+1 Dunnes have now reopened an off-licence in the old location. Format is different from the previous setup, stock is basically on shelves around the walls with a counter unit in the middle so there are no aisles. There's a lot of empty floor space which you'd have to assume will be stacked high with beer during BBQ weather and leading up to Christmas. Mix of hard liquor, wine and beer on the shelves.

The 'new' off-licence section at the back is still there, I didn't look to see if they had shrunk the floor space or altered the stock mix. I suspect they've expanded the wine selection in that part of the store.

coylemj wrote: »
    +1 Dunnes have now reopened an off-licence in the old location. Format is different from the previous setup, stock is basically on shelves around the walls with a counter unit in the middle so there are no aisles. There's a lot of empty floor space which you'd have to assume will be stacked high with beer during BBQ weather and leading up to Christmas. Mix of hard liquor, wine and beer on the shelves.

The 'new' off-licence section at the back is still there, I didn't look to see if they had shrunk the floor space or altered the stock mix. I suspect they've expanded the wine selection in that part of the store.

I noticed they were doing a few bits and pieces around the store during the week such as putting in new trolley bays in the car park. I think it might even be safe to say that after nearly 3 years the renovation work is drawing to a close, but I may very well be speaking too soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

It was stiflingly warm in that area of the shop last time I was there. Not the best atmosphere for any wines that'll be there for a few days/weeks. (Not on a par with building a fine wines cabinet to hide a radiator, but close.)

I noticed they were doing a few bits and pieces around the store during the week such as putting in new trolley bays in the car park. I think it might even be safe to say that after nearly 3 years the renovation work is drawing to a close, but I may very well be speaking too soon.

The planning application said that the rear entrance (near the oratory) would be removed and that hasn't happened yet.

Maybe some DLR PP watchers have seen an amended plan?

The planning application said that the rear entrance (near the oratory) would be removed and that hasn't happened yet.

Maybe some DLR PP watchers have seen an amended plan?

Would that be to stop people using the shopping centre area as a throughway to get from the pedestrian bridge over the N11 to the Old Bray Road.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Would that be to stop people using the shopping centre area as a throughway to get from the pedestrian bridge over the N11 to the Old Bray Road.

Cant imagine thats many people, i use that bridge just for getting into Dunnes

I wonder will they pick any South Dublin locations for this? Carrickmines would probably be suitable.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/french-sports-retailer-decathlon-to-open-up-to-nine-shops-in-ireland-1.3379797

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Le chocolat de fred chocolate cafe opening on Georges St Dun Laoghaire soon
    https://www.instagram.com/lechocolatdefred/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

They will be fought tooth and nail by the guy trading / living beside it.
    Do a websearch and see what I mean.
    He has a history of court actions with the centre owners.
    There is nothing worse than a plaintiff with nothing to lose.
    It will add years to the planning process. I cant see this development going ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

They will be fought tooth and nail by the guy trading / living beside it.
    Do a websearch and see what I mean.
    He has a history of court actions with the centre owners.
    There is nothing worse than a plaintiff with nothing to lose.
    It will add years to the planning process. I cant see this development going ahead.
    Planning already obtained for development of ashgrove terrace as bar and restaurant - so it's just some ammendments that they are looking for to allow their style of operation.

I would suspect that a fallon and Byrne store/restaurant would be more attractive to a local person than the potential of a late night bar that could go in there under current planning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

The planning notice, which I have read, is for a completely different and expanded set of developments.

• Advertisement

The planning notice, which I have read, is for a completely different and expanded set of developments.

Similar use. A few changes / additions esp on the open space area, but generally similar.

Worst case scenario with ABP, planning will be granted in autumn.
    Best case, end May.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Worst case scenario with ABP, planning will be granted in autumn.
    Best case, end May.

We know from the Apple data centre planning case that that does not necessarily mean the end of the matter.

After losing an appeal to ABP, the dedicated serial objector can go to the High Court, the Court of Appeal and ultimately knock on the door of the Supreme Court which has reserved it's decision as to whether they will take on the Apple case or not.

We know from the Apple data centre planning case that that does not necessarily mean the end of the matter.

After losing an appeal to ABP, the dedicated serial objector can go to the High Court, the Court of Appeal and ultimately knock on the door of the Supreme Court which has reserved it's decision as to whether they will take on the Apple case or not.

Small shop owner, who is not as bad as some make out, will simply not have the funds for such action.

Also. Comparing a small retail development to a massive data centre is ridiculous. Zoning is already there. Current planning permits bar and restaurant, so lets not go down the "catastrophe syndrome" route on this

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

The Cabana in the Pavilion cmplex is gone.

New pizza place opening beside the Purty

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

New pizza place opening beside the Purty

Little Cabana never took off. Only went there once and it was mostly empty. Menu was huge and the food was average. They were clearly going for the family restaurant vibe but it just didn't seem to work.

I'd love to see something like cinnamon go in there. Somewhere that you can grab a glass of wine and a bite to eat, without having to go for a full meal, but which also does brunch and a coffee if that's what you fancy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Not surprised. Awful kip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Passing on the bus, I see a "sushi and thai fusion" fast food joint called Kings has opened on Blackrock Main St., opposite Supermacs.
    www.kingsblackrock.ie appears on the signage but the website doesn't seem to exist (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 46 In The Conversation

5 Guys will open an outlet in the revamped Frascati Centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any clue when?

Advertisement