Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

ted1 wrote: »
    Staff are saying sportsdirect are moving down stairs and a heatons style shop going upstairs( https://www.brandsmax.com )

You heard it here first.

Possibly correct as info I have is simply that Decathlon's first store will be in Carrickmines - possibly its something like what power city did and they will build a standalone store.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Wasn't that place closed by a health inpection

Yup - https://www.fsai.ie/news_centre/press_releases/july_enforcements_09082017.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

A new gardening supply store is apparently opening in Blackrock Shopping Centre soon. It's at the old Ken's newsagents.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The former Twyford Motors site (previously a Statoil filling station) on Deansgrange Road has recently been filled up with secondhand cars. Someone then resurfaced the space in front of the premises next door and that is also now crammed with secondhand cars but as of yet, there's no signage to indicate who will be operating the business.

It's the two premises shown in this Streetview ..... They are related in the sense that in the 1990s the premises on the left was the Irish headquarters of a Russian oil company called Conoco which sold motor fuels retail under the brand name 'Jet', the filling station next door was one of theirs before the Irish business was bought by Statoil.

https://goo.gl/maps/sd295wxY1mC2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

all the cars are hyundai, they are owned by the hyundai garage across the road

• Advertisement

all the cars are hyundai, they are owned by the hyundai garage across the road

Cheers, I'd probably have spotted that if I was pulling up to visit the Get Fresh fruit & veg. shop opposite but as it has now closed, I'm only ever passing in the car and didn't notice they were all Hyundais.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

Someone locally told a few weeks back that one of the local car retailers had bought the site which would fit with the above. I recall some entry in the Local Area Plan that said the last thing the area needed was more car retail space so I hope that won't be a feature of the long term development of the site. Would be surprised if it was in fairness.

Awaaf wrote: »
    Someone locally told a few weeks back that one of the local car retailers had bought the site which would fit with the above. I recall some entry in the Local Area Plan that said the last thing the area needed was more car retail space so I hope that won't be a feature of the long term development of the site. Would be surprised if it was in fairness.

+1 with the old Grange Motors premises (three showrooms) now split into Mooney Hyundai, Frank Keane VW and a TBA operator in the old Merc. showroom plus Windsor Nissan down the road, there's probably enough car retailing going on in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Planning was recently granted to demolish/rebuild the Tara Towers Hotel, it'll be replaced by a 4* Dalata Hotel and private apartments. Construction is starting this year.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/dalata-expects-most-of-its-deals-to-come-from-uk-1.3407202

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Anyone know what's the small hut looking building being built outside the Pavilion in Dun Laoghaire and also a new Burrito place has opened inside Blue Ginger in Dun Laoghaire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,097 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

^ new tourist office.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Larbre34 wrote: »
    ^ new tourist office.
    Alligns with the tender
    https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase.asp?PID=108705&HL=0&PS=1&PP=transactions.asp

It looks pig ugly from the road perhaps they should of used the craft building Bg beside the lexicon

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Anyone know what's the small hut looking building being built outside the Pavilion in Dun Laoghaire and also a new Burrito place has opened inside Blue Ginger in Dun Laoghaire.

It's not a burrito place it's a sushi/bento place called Fuji. Looks like it'll operate the upstairs.

It's not a burrito place it's a sushi/bento place called Fuji. Looks like it'll operate the upstairs.

I thought it said burrito bar but obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Dun Laoghaire market at the People's Park has lost Drumeel Farm's Pat Cremin. No more muesli, nuts, spices or seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭josip

Does anyone know if the fish shop at the ice box in the harbour has/will reopen somewhere?
    Why did it close down?

josip wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the fish shop at the ice box in the harbour has/will reopen somewhere?
    Why did it close down?

When did it close?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

I hear it's going to re-open in Bray which seems like an odd move

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

They're handy for developing rolls of film too! Millennials: google what that means!! 😀

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    They're handy for developing rolls of film too! Millennials: google what that means!! ��

Film photography is not as obsolete as you think.....

https://www.fujifilm.eu/ie/products/analogue-photography
    https://www.ilfordphoto.com/black-white-film

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

frash wrote: »
    As it happens, i passed a currently vacant shop on Bray Main Street this weekend that had a sign in the window about a new fish shop on the way. Its beside the entrance to the council offices/Mermaid Theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

frash wrote: »

Ah no! Hadn't heard that. Used to love taking the little one down for a look at the seals and to pick some fresh fish in the finer weather. Boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

By the way, does anyone know what's going to become of the former Tramyard Cafe and Ulster Bank in Dalkey?

What I can assume is a new garden centre appears to opening at the back of the former Sextons premises in Cornelscourt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Hamleys Dundrum is closing down, as is Urban Outfitters, both in next few days. Physical retail outlets are suffering badly.
    I hear Ely is taking the unit after Hamleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Planning granted for the redevelopment of the Union Cafe site (formerly Kielys) in Mount Merrion. Plans include "50 apartments over four storeys and a three-storey pub/restaurant". No indication when the current cafe will close.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/mckillen-mount-merrion-development-gets-go-ahead-despite-local-objections-1.3465796

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Hamleys Dundrum is closing down, as is Urban Outfitters, both in next few days. Physical retail outlets are suffering badly.

Oh wow, I had no idea! Cath Kidston also closed down in Dundrum this week apparently.

Perhaps it might an alternative location if Falling and Byrne get refused planning permission.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Perhaps it might an alternative location if Falling and Byrne get refused planning permission.

They'd have to apply for change of use planning which would be more difficult than what is being applied for currently.

The proposed fallon and Byrne unit already has planning for restaurant and bar use, they want to extend the size and add in food retail - can't see it being refused.

Advertisement