Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Noticed that one of the long closed down units beside Argos in DL had some work going on today. It's was formerly a Labonese Restaurant and the unit has been empty for a long time. It will be interesting to see what is going in there since the unit has been vacant for so long.

Yes that place used to be called "king tuts" way back in the day, thats when it was actually nice, it was sold to new owners and went downhill fairly quick unfortunately. It changed color from golden (I think) to red.

When it changed colors thats when it really started getting bad, I'm surprised it actually stayed open for as long as it did while sporting the red color. I think it closed down around 2010/2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Killiney Stores - sadly closed and up for sale. Will be dearly missed by anyone looking for an icecream and a drink after a walk up Killiney Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,095 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

woejus wrote: »
    Sadly closed and up for sale. Will be dearly missed by anyone looking for an icecream and a drink after a walk up Killiney Hill.

thats a pity

suppose the cafe can cover that off but still a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sadly closed and up for sale. Will be dearly missed by anyone looking for an icecream and a drink after a walk up Killiney Hill.
    I persume you are talking about Killiney stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

ted1 wrote: »
    I persume you are talking about Killiney stores.

Yes, desktop allows you to put a title in, mobile doesn't show it for some reason, oddly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Ladieswear store PeegyC in Carysfort Avenue in Blackrock is having a closing down sale. All of the stock is going for a 70% discount.

The Card Company has reopened in Blackrock Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭mjp

Any sign of when new sportsdirect is opening where Heaton's was in carrickmines. Passed by last week and looked to be near completion with stock on rails inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The Card Company has reopened in Blackrock Shopping Centre.

That's very odd - I wonder what happened there. It had been closed for a couple of months now I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

That's very odd - I wonder what happened there. It had been closed for a couple of months now I'd say.

Company operating The Card Shop in Tallaght took over the Dundrum store as the company that did operate it went into liquidation. So possibly they have taken the Blackrock store too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Killiney Stores - sadly closed and up for sale. Will be dearly missed by anyone looking for an icecream and a drink after a walk up Killiney Hill.

That is a pity alright. However, I wonder if it will be converted into residential or if the adjacent Druids Chair Pub will be using it (albeit highly doubtful)?

As it stands, this retail unit and the Druids Chair are collectively (minus the surrounding residential developments) a hamlet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

mjp wrote: »
    Any sign of when new sportsdirect is opening where Heaton's was in carrickmines. Passed by last week and looked to be near completion with stock on rails inside.

Open since last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Aussie Ices in Dundrum has closed being replaced by Gino's

Churchtown Stores hardware shop on Braemor Road is closing after 31 years in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Gala in Monkstown Farm now Spar

Churchtown Stores hardware shop on Braemor Road is closing after 31 years in business.

And its becoming a restaurant/pub if I remember correctly. I think its same people as Comans in rathgar.

Aldo's is reopening as Romayo's on the 4th June

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The old Europa Motors building in Blackrock has been severely stripped back to a shell with the steel roof, some of the buildings have been completely removed. Looks like the builders will be moving in shortly.

coylemj wrote: »
    The old Europa Motors building in Blackrock has been severely stripped back to a shell with the steel roof, some of the buildings have been completely removed. Looks like the builders will be moving in shortly.

About time

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

More of a name change than an opening

ted1 wrote: »
    More of a name change than an opening

Yes but the shop had been closed for the last few weeks so I was informing people what was happening.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »

42 apartments and 9 houses

http://www.3ddesignbureau.com/news/europa-motors-site-in-blackrock-set-for-much-needed-transformation/

Closed down now didn't last very long

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

bedlam wrote: »
    It's been closed for a couple of months at least, there was a sign up they had shut temporarily due to a bereavement but never re-opened. I'd say in the last two to three weeks the sign came down and they've stripped the inside.

Toss was a classic example of chronically bad signage. I passed it several times and hadn't a clue what they were offering - no menu in the window or a blackboard sign on the street with daily specials. Considering they were on a corner with acres of window space, they could have easily hung a menu or two for passers by to scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

where did you hear this? there is no mention of it on romayos website, or facebook/twitter. And they are fairly active.

Unless its another romayos and not part of the chain, which seems unlikely.

Aldos had large professionally made signs in the windows saying opening soon, if it had been romayos I would have expect it to be advertised with their logo on it -since they are a recognised chain.

EDIT: found it on a cabinteely page,
    @RomayosIE @MacarisDublin Welcome to Cornelscourt. Maybe spare a thought for those in wheelchairs and pushing buggies.

https://twitter.com/billmorkan/status/1003283569190625281

DexhESvX4AEumGG.jpg

very confusing why they are not talking about it online, that is defintiely the chain's logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Opening Minds have moved to upstairs in the main Stillorgan Village shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

I know this isn't an opening or closing but I cottoned on today that Supervalu in Blackrock Shopping Centre can get you two hours free in Frascati Centre. Given the state of both of them, at least it's an option!

aoh wrote: »
    I know this isn't an opening or closing but I cottoned on today that Supervalu in Blackrock Shopping Centre can get you two hours free in Frascati Centre. Given the state of both of them, at least it's an option!

I noticed the sign but didn't pay much attention to it. I wonder does the reverse apply for Marks and Spencers over in Frascati.

rubadub wrote: »
    where did you hear this? there is no mention of it on romayos website, or facebook/twitter. And they are fairly active.

Unless its another romayos and not part of the chain, which seems unlikely.

Aldos had large professionally made signs in the windows saying opening soon, if it had been romayos I would have expect it to be advertised with their logo on it -since they are a recognised chain.

Passed it by this evening and it was all closed up again. Seems rather odd. It's also odd that they never did the place up a bit or even install new signage outside, the chipper still has the old Aldo's signage with a big Romayo's banner over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

I noticed the sign but didn't pay much attention to it. I wonder does the reverse apply for Marks and Spencers over in Frascati.

Nope. Marksies don't (yet) validate any tickets

• Advertisement

House of Fraser to close 31 of its 59 stores.

The good news is Dundrum is a separate legal entity and is not affected by the CVA.

Advertisement