Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JayRoc

I assume this is a branch of the men's barber with the place in town??

I wondered about that earlier and googled "Sugar Daddy Dublin".

I don't recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

New vintage clothing shop opening on Lee's Lane down the side of the old Dunnes in Dun Laoghaire. Will be interesting to see how a "vintage" shop differentiates itself from the charity shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Sugar Daddy in Frascati SC will be a premium men's barber shop. There is one there already in Cuffe St.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,530 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sugar Daddy in Frascati SC will be a premium men's barber shop. There is one there already in Cuffe St.

A premium men’s barbershop!!! Ah God bless those Snow flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

ted1 wrote: »
    A premium men’s barbershop!!! Ah God bless those Snow flakes.

Will put Grafton under pressure I presume, they have a ridiculous staff turnover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Clarks in Blackrock SC have closed. First Next, now Clarks, and a while before that Active Sportswear - that's 3 strong tenants in a short period. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i was chatting to the lads in the cobblers ( i go in there a bit) and they said ever since all the construction has started the centre is dead, local people are going to cornelscourt and places like that because of the hassle getting parking in blackrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Clarks in Blackrock SC have closed. First Next, now Clarks, and a while before that Active Sportswear - that's 3 strong tenants in a short period. Wow.

In fairness, Rory Sheehy who operates that Clark's franchise is 70 and is probably taking a well earned retirement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The posters up at Next in Blackrock SC are saying to go to Dundrum TC & Jervis St SC for their nearest stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

CeilingFly wrote: »
    In fairness, Rory Sheehy who operates that Clark's franchise is 70 and is probably taking a well earned retirement :)

:eek: Is he? I remember as a kid being sent down by the ma to pay off a couple of quid a week for shoes when he had the shop in 3 Guys in Ballybrack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

So, work has finally started on Shankill Shopping Centre. They have now begun wth disassembling it and clearing the shrubbery.

Ted Plain wrote: »
    So, work has finally started on Shankill Shopping Centre. They have now begun wth disassembling it and clearing the shrubbery.

Yes I saw it last night, site offices and fencing all in place. Even some facia removed

Ted Plain wrote: »

Yes I saw it last night, site offices and fencing all in place. Even some facia removed

Trespass opening in Stillorgan SC opposite Kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

:eek: Is he? I remember as a kid being sent down by the ma to pay off a couple of quid a week for shoes when he had the shop in 3 Guys in Ballybrack

That was his baby brother Eugene - probably about 63 now. :)

But a great footwear family.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

CeilingFly wrote: »
    That was his baby brother Eugene - probably about 63 now. :)

But a great footwear family.

You're right, it was Eugene. Sure he's only a chap by comparison!

Keith Grant butchers in Frascati closing down on 30 september - apparently the unit is being refurbished in October and they had to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Keith Grant butchers in Frascati closing down on 30 september - apparently the unit is being refurbished in October and they had to leave.

They've always had great staff and a good selection of meats. I hope they re-open once the refurbishment is finished.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    They've always had great staff and a good selection of meats. I hope they re-open once the refurbishment is finished.

They are moving to a new location outside of Blackrock I believe - they have already found a new premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

MAO Dundrum..... RIP
    and Starbucks within it...closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

MAO Dundrum..... RIP
    and Starbucks within it...closed

No loss

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

No loss

Loved the Nasi Goreng myself

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

Sports shop in Stillorgan shopping centre, next to Dubray, closed
    Trespass, an outdoor clothing shop, nearly ready to open in old Vodafone unit, being stocked today

The sports shop in stillorgan closing is quite a big unit too, and leaves that part of the SC (the old Tesco hardware place is still empty) a bit dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The sports shop in stillorgan closing is quite a big unit too, and leaves that part of the SC (the old Tesco hardware place is still empty) a bit dead.

+1 but the pound shop draws reasonable footfall, it's probably the only thing keeping that corner from becoming a completely dead zone. Does anyone go into that Dunnes Stores shop? Always looks empty when I pass it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I think a Tiger or a Sostrene Grene type shop might do well in Stillorgan perhaps now that sports shop is gone that unit would a good size for a Tiger. I'm not surprised that sports shop is gone it never really got that much footfall only thing I'm surprised about is it lasted that long. I remember it was Lifestyle about 10 years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

miezekatze wrote: »
    New restaurant opened in Leopardstown shopping centre a few weeks ago where the Chinese restaurant used to be. It's called Sivad and it's a steakhouse type place, they also do brunch. The cafe in Leopardstown shopping centre closed a while ago though.

There's also a new restaurant in Sandyford industrial estate called Woodfire & Green, it's near Pizzicato. Quite nice, but only open for breakfast and lunch, and only on weekdays.

Now closed. Wrong location really.

I wonder if Trespass was the final nail in the coffin for the sports shot with the potential increased competition? Seems a coincidence, but it was always very quiet alright.

Sostrene Grene would be great, let's hope they are reading this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Now closed. Wrong location really.

Which of the two is closed? Or both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Which of the two is closed? Or both?

So Bad gone a good few weeks now anyhow

Advertisement