Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Which of the two is closed? Or both?

Sivad has been closed for a few weeks now, pity! I agree though, it wasn't right for the location. Hope something else will move in soon.

I believe a medical centre will open soon in Leopardstown SC, and the unit at the front had a planning note for a credit union or building society or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

miezekatze wrote: »
    Sivad has been closed for a few weeks now, pity! I agree though, it wasn't right for the location. Hope something else will move in soon.

I believe a medical centre will open soon in Leopardstown SC, and the unit at the front had a planning note for a credit union or building society or something like that.

A credit Union will be opening soon and also a franchise take away is due to open by the end of the year....not sure which one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Which of the two is closed? Or both?

Sivad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JayRoc

The missus got a craving for a breakfast roll from News Cafe in Blackrock over the weekend but it is apparently closed on Sundays?

I would have thought most of their business would be hungover locals and massgoers.

Wonder if this a recent development

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Closed on Sundays Jay the past 3-4 months easily. Was wonderful for a Sunday morning Breakie Club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

New vintage clothing shop opening on Lee's Lane down the side of the old Dunnes in Dun Laoghaire. Will be interesting to see how a "vintage" shop differentiates itself from the charity shops.

It's actually a cafe and vintage shop. Cafe is called Green Bean. There's no shortage of cafes in Dun Laoghaire but small cap @ 2.20 is a decent price point. I'm guessing cheap rent on the lane permits it. Best of luck to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Work being done on O'Sheas Newsagent in Deansgrange not sure is it something new or is the place being renovated

Akash (indian restaurant on Georges Avenue) Blackrock seems to have shut down.

I think they had a few problems with health inspections in the past which may not have helped getting the punters in

Apparently Noonans the company that operate the cleaning and security contract for Dun Laoghaire shopping centre are pulling out of DLSC on the 26th October as they are owed €250,000 by the shopping centre and a new tender has not been issued by the shopping centre. The talk is that if these services aren't provided the shopping centre cannot open it's doors to the public due to health and safety concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Apparently Noonans the company that operate the cleaning and security contract for Dun Laoghaire shopping centre are pulling out of DLSC on the 26th October as they are owed €250,000 by the shopping centre and a new tender has not been issued by the shopping centre. The talk is that if these services aren't provided the shopping centre cannot open it's doors to the public.

That is very serious. They have barely less than a month to get this payment sorted to the staff by then.

Does the Shopping Centre have the money to be able to afford this payment to Noonans or not?

• Advertisement

That is very serious. They have barely less than a month to get this payment sorted to the staff by then.

Does the Shopping Centre have the money to be able to afford this payment to Noonans or not?

It's speculation on facebook now so don't quote me on it, apparently the owners of the centre live in the states it's low down on their list of priorities. Other people saying they heard the information from talking to security staff and cleaners in the centre. Also the building work in the centre is meant to have stopped fairly suddenly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Stephen15 wrote: »
    It's speculation on facebook now so don't quote me on it, apparently the owners of the centre live in the states it's low down on their list of priorities. Other people saying they heard the information from talking to security staff and cleaners in the centre. Also the building work in the centre is meant to have stopped fairly suddenly.

I'd always be wary of the rubbish spouted on Facebook

Owners of the main DL shopping center is two Irish guys with a history of property management.

The Bloomfield center is owned by an American group and its well down their priorities and effectively on the market.

The main center should be knocked and replaced by apartments - even the councilors agree on this

Also, contrary to gossip, Tesco head office is not owned by Tesco, they simply rent it under a long term lease that was renewed in 2000.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I'd always be wary of the rubbish spouted on Facebook

Owners of the main DL shopping center is two Irish guys with a history of property management.

The Bloomfield center is owned by an American group and its well down their priorities and effectively on the market.

The main center should be knocked and replaced by apartments - even the councilors agree on this

Also, contrary to gossip, Tesco head office is not owned by Tesco, they simply rent it under a long term lease that was renewed in 2000.

I would generally be cautious myself alright I posted to see if anyone knew anything more about these rumours.

New Italian restaurant going above Spar in Monkstown

Plenty of movements going on in Frascati SC this week.

Bookstation is closed in the place until Mid-November. They have a notice up to say that they will be closed until they move to a new unit.

Keith Grant Butchers was being cleared out by builders on Tuesday.

In-house radio ads are going around promoting a new health & beauty unit at Frascati.

A new wall installation was being installed inside near McDonalds on Tuesday. I don't know what that is for. Does anybody here know about it?

I saw a glimpse of the new access passage leading from the new entrance beside the health shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

A new wall installation was being installed inside near McDonalds on Tuesday. I don't know what that is for. Does anybody here know about it?

I think McDonald's may be moving premises. There is a "Golden Arch" visible to the side of the 5 Guys corner

Ki ki wrote: »
    I think McDonald's may be moving premises. There is a "Golden Arch" visible to the side of the 5 Guys corner

Yeah, the new McDonalds is going to be on the right hand side of the shopping centre. Underneath where the 5 Guys sign is facing the road. It looks pretty much ready to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

JayRoc wrote: »
    Yeah, the new McDonalds is going to be on the right hand side of the shopping centre. Underneath where the 5 Guys sign is facing the road. It looks pretty much ready to open.

Yes, the new entrance to Frascati opened officially yesterday - the McDonalds looks almost ready to go and the new Vodafone is not far behind. The new centre looks very good to be fair, a dramatic change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Coast is toast... Dundrum town centre

Frascati now have a new website up and running.

https://frascaticentre.ie/

A couple of announcements were made from it.

The new McDonalds unit will be open to the public from this Tuesday; the 16th of October.

Five Guys will open on the 5th of November.

Kay's Kitchen & Cafe Nero will open in Spring 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

And Frascati have reduced the free parking from 15 minutes to 10. Plus they charge on Sunday. All this sh1t had better be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Eddie Rockets or Rockets will be taking the unit that Sivad occupied in Leopardstown S.C

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Yes, the new entrance to Frascati opened officially yesterday - the McDonalds looks almost ready to go and the new Vodafone is not far behind. The new centre looks very good to be fair, a dramatic change.

Opened or officially opened ? I would have thought they’d finish it before having an official opening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

ted1 wrote: »
    Opened or officially opened ? I would have thought they’d finish it before having an official opening

Well opened I guess, but they had a waiter type guy out with glasses of champagne and photos on FB etc.

https://www.facebook.com/frascaticentre/posts/1994773897247772

I am sure they will have an official launch when it is all finished but I think they were somewhat officially launching the new entrance (though not the new centre obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

What was that derelict building on cumberland street/end of york road?

I know it was a pub of some sort but cant think of its name, its been derelict for many years now, it used to be yellow and they painted it black.

What was it called?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭nuttyboy79

tomofson wrote: »
    What was that derelict building on cumberland street/end of york road?

I know it was a pub of some sort but cant think of its name, its been derelict for many years now, it used to be yellow and they painted it black.

What was it called?

The Cumberland Inn I think

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    The Cumberland Inn I think

Yeah, I think that was the one, Do you know what year it closed its doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Yeah, I think that was the one, Do you know what year it closed its doors?

I’ve been living in Dun Laoghaire for 8 years and I don’t remember it being open in that time. My favourite Italian restaurant was beside it La Strada. Most authentic I’ve been to in Ireland. Chef/owner came out and welcomed every customer and had a shot of limoncello with the table when they finished eating. Food was great and was like a proper Italian eaterie. Really disappointed when they closed.

Lighthouse reopened on George’s street on Friday. Apparently the owners are the people involved in beatyard concerts. Hopefully start of a revival of nightlife in Dun Laoghaire. Would be brilliant if a late bar/late venue was in store as it’s badly missed,

joeguevara wrote: »
    I’ve been living in Dun Laoghaire for 8 years and I don’t remember it being open in that time. My favourite Italian restaurant was beside it La Strada. Most authentic I’ve been to in Ireland. Chef/owner came out and welcomed every customer and had a shot of limoncello with the table when they finished eating. Food was great and was like a proper Italian eaterie. Really disappointed when they closed.

Lighthouse reopened on George’s street on Friday. Apparently the owners are the people involved in beatyard concerts. Hopefully start of a revival of nightlife in Dun Laoghaire. Would be brilliant if a late bar/late venue was in store as it’s badly missed,

Yeah, Dun Laoghaire has died more or less in the last 10 - 12 years, you just missed the tail end of the good days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Yeah, Dun Laoghaire has died more or less in the last 10 - 12 years, you just missed the tail end of the good days.

Haha well I went to Nemo’s, paparazzis and ziggys and while great fun wouldn’t want to go now. But to lose 3 nightclubs in a decade and replace with no late venue or bar means it’s a ghost town at night. People won’t go to Dun Laoghaire if they can get a drink after 12.30. Let’s hope this changes.

Advertisement