Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

There also has been loads of progress being made for the new Pamela Scott unit yesterday. I'm not sure if the new shop has opened yet.

Looked open yesterday lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Aegir wrote: »
    Think of it like getting a cab instead of the bus. You end up with the same net result, but the more expensive option is far more enjoyable and worth doing every now and then as a little treat.

Have you been in a Dublin cab?

My point is that for regular cinema goers it doesn't make sense. Yes for a treat, same way you treat yourself to a nice restaurant every now and then. The Stella is a destination cinema - never intended to compete with the multiplexes so comparing them is a bit pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,525 ✭✭✭✭ted1

My point is that for regular cinema goers it doesn't make sense. Yes for a treat, same way you treat yourself to a nice restaurant every now and then. The Stella is a destination cinema - never intended to compete with the multiplexes so comparing them is a bit pointless.

for date night, go to the stella, to watch the latest blockbuster go to dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

hahaha, yeah, I often got the aircoach or regular bus home instead of a taxi, even though the company was paying.

I would say more like paying more for business class on a flight. Or a fancy box in a theatre.

They fit less people in the same place so makes sense to pay more, less people & higher price means less likely to have gobshites nattering away too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Seems like the Small Door cafe in Dalkey has closed. Pity it only opened about 6 months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

All Jo'Burger / Crackbird, etc outlets closed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Seems like the Small Door cafe in Dalkey has closed. Pity it only opened about 6 months ago.

Never any one in it, pity for them and dalkey needs that type of more relaxed cafe but I presume proximity to muggs killed them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Cyrus wrote: »
    Never any one in it, pity for them and dalkey needs that type of more relaxed cafe but I presume proximity to muggs killed them

Muggs is such poor value for money with a very poor menu, don’t understand how it does so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Muggs is such poor value for money with a very poor menu, don’t understand how it does so well.

I don’t love it either , cafes in Dalkey aren’t great really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Has anything happened to the Hamley's unit in Dundrum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Has anything happened to the Hamley's unit in Dundrum?

I think they applied to split it into 3/4 smaller units and for food use.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cyrus wrote: »
    proximity to muggs killed them
    Muggs is such poor value for money
    there is no double g. Just looking up them up to see these prices. I would have sworn it was muggs too. Wondered if it was some weird "mandela effect" going on but I think it it just the logo. The cup handle sort of looks like it could be a lower case g

6742_menupages-mugs-cafe-bar-logo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

New coffee shop open in DL where Starbucks used to be outside DLSC beside Centra and the bus shelter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Stephen15 wrote: »
    New coffee shop open in DL where Starbucks used to be outside DLSC beside Centra and the bus shelter.

Shoe Lane - they also have a branch in Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

^used to be the public jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Larbre34 wrote: »
    ^used to be the public jacks.

:D And rank they were too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I heard some big news today about Blackrock Post Office in Frascati SC. The postmaster is retiring from service there from this Friday; the 4th of January. I was told by a staff member that all post office services in Frascati will be transferred to Stillorgan Post Office in Stillorgan Village Centre for a few weeks. A new post office for Blackrock will then be opened opposite Supervalu in Blackrock Shopping Centre sometime in February 2019.

There must be something going on there with that post office unit at Frascati. There is a Peter Marks hairdressing salon down at that end of Frascati SC near the public toilets & post office. I wonder if that place is having a big extension built to it's unit soon or is it making a big move to the atrium at the front of Frascati in the new year. There was some talk about a new health & beauty unit for Frascati in the phases of the project for the new look centre.

There is a job vacancy open in Frascati for a store trainer at Debenhams.

The Debenhams Careers website says that it will be a permanent position for 16 hours a week at €11.30 per hour.

https://debenhams.taleo.net/careersection/ext/jobdetail.ftl;jsessionid=o9YGC3KPb4rw_3JhUUPYA8AxOZEmWQVXR42fBWbMOn34Ar8H57CG!-172389932

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I believe there is a new health and beauty area planned for the finished frascati - I would imagine Peter Marks relocating with sinks etc would be a big deal though?

Maybe is is just that the rent is a lot lower in the Blackrock SC rather than the new rates in Frascati? I have really noticed a drop off in football there recently, even with Christmas, Dubray and Super Valu didn't look half as busy as they did in previous years. They badly need some tenants to fill the empty shops - the post office might help bring football I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ross2010

Parking has been a nightmare in Blackrock SC, they opened more spaces early Dec but they still v narrow and hard to get into and near impossible to get a child in or out of a car seat so that's had a negative impact on footfall I´d imagine. I would think the post office end of frascati is next on the list for renovation as most of the rest of the centre has been redone. It needs a complete overhaul as very dated that end.

Las Tapas in Cabinteely closed down

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Las Tapas in Cabinteely closed down

seen that, hadnt been in a while but was always a nice experience there.

The old Starbucks under the DL shopping centre on Marine Road is now Shoe Lane coffee. I haven't been in yet but I was in the one near Tara st and it's very nice. The sign on the outside just says "Coffee" which is the same branding they have on their city centre place.

Feast in DL is now Asiatica. I can only assume that's some sort of Asian restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Oh thank God, I was so stuck to find a cup of coffee in Dun Laoghaire

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Oh thank God, I was so stuck to find a cup of coffee in Dun Laoghaire

I know its nuts the amount of cafes there now. It's heaven for coffee lovers but surely something's got to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

heard last night that Tesco Shankill may be closing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,525 ✭✭✭✭ted1

heard last night that Tesco Shankill may be closing

With Lidl opening in a few months and having a proper car park, I can’t see it doing much business.

Heard the Magic Carpet is going up for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Heard the Magic Carpet is going up for sale

Interesting, as much as it used to be a bit of a kip it was always busy, the revamp ruined it.

• Advertisement

Interesting, as much as it used to be a bit of a kip it was always busy, the revamp ruined it.

The bar is still the same as it's always been it was just the lounge that got revamped and yes the bar is still a kip. As for it being sold it's just something I heard from the grapevine who says it should be listed in next weeks Irish Times. I'd be interested to see what's going to be done with it if it is sold if they're going to sell it of for development or will it remain trading as a pub as I was surprised Bakers wasn't redeveloped when it was sold.

Advertisement