Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Lidl having a recruitment day for their new Shankill store on the 28th April

https://www.jobalert.ie/job/shankill-store-recruitment-day-lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 10,327 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Off topic - this is more suited for Dublin West but boo hiss: Why do Burger King eschew the leafy suburbs of Dublin South?

Which are the leafy suburbs. There’s a Burger King in Nutgrove.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

New toilets will open upstairs in Frascati's new atrium building along with Cafe Nero tomorrow. Cafe Nero was meant to open last week I believe but the work of opening the cafe was delayed for a week. The old toilets at the back of Frascati are already closed. There is a notice on the door to say that they are closed for good & being relocated to the new building.

The new post office in Blackrock is being opened beside the checkout lanes & off licence inside Supervalu. I was in there getting some groceries on Friday. There are two signs outside Supervalu with the old An Post branding outside it. A big black cover is placed over the location of the new post office. Some changes were made to the checkouts at Supervalu. There is a new exit barrier installed as you leave from the tills. Some of the tills near the off licence had to be moved up to the middle aisle. There are some extra cooling shelves now used inside the off licence. Also the 3 item & lottery till is also moved up against the wall. The exit barrier is located beside this till.

The vacant unit located in between the old Active Sportswear shop & Esquire Coffee shop is getting some work done to get a new shop opened there soon. I haven't anything what it is going in there yet.

Around the main areas of Blackrock SC. A new temporary entrance has now opened as you come out on Frascati Road. It goes through the old Next store. A big partition is built around it because the old back entrance is getting it's refurbishment starting soon as well as continuing the work on the back car park.

There is also a big white partition installed in the middle area near the front entrance of the centre. It is installed outside the Art & Hobby Shop, the pharmacy & the cafe as come through the centre. It still has that big partition near the toliets as well knocking down the old barber shop. The staircase outside Dubray Books is still open. But the staircase near the toilets are still closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Marcusm wrote: »
    Which are the leafy suburbs. There’s a Burger King in Nutgrove.

Isn't there one in Georges St, Dun Laoghaire too?

On Frascati SC, their Facebook page says Caffe Nero will now actually open at 10am this Friday (April 12th).

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Nutgrove McDonalds is closed for few weeks and getting major refurbishment. I believe it was the first 'drive thru' in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Garlinge wrote: »
    Nutgrove McDonalds is closed for few weeks and getting major refurbishment. I believe it was the first 'drive thru' in Ireland.

It was actually the first drive thru restaurant in Europe - opened in 1985. Must have been quite a novelty back then!!

http://www.nogarlicnoonions.com/the-restaurants-drive-through-concept/

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

ongarboy wrote: »
    It was actually the first drive thru restaurant in Europe - opened in 1985. Must have been quite a novelty back then!!

Unfortunately I'm old enough to state that yes. Yes it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Unfortunately I'm old enough to state that yes. Yes it was.

I don't remember it being that big a deal, certainly nowhere near the nonsense going on with that donut drive through place last year. Maybe it was though?

McDonalds was not particularly cheap in the 80s, no eurosaver menu like now or vouchers in the door, where you can now get an equivalent burger for less than half the price it would be in a typical chipper for takeaway (some chippers charge even more to sit down). I never went to mcdonalds with my "pocket money" as it was so expensive compared to chippers. I would get a big solid bag of chips for 50p.

I remember birthday parties being there being a big deal in mcds. As there was never a discount for takeaway I remember nearly always staying there to eat, like a restaurant. McDs food does not travel well, chips/fries go cold almost instantly so best eaten on the spot, this is why it took so long for delivery service to come about.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Double Cheeseburger for €2 is savage value and a great on-the-go snack. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I can remember going to the Nutgrove McDonalds for birthdays before the Square was built in 1990. Great that it's still there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

D3zpRveWwAE9nri.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gnf_ireland

I wonder is Sam's where the previous Farmhill restaurant used to be located?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

F45 (fitness classes) are opening upstairs in the new Frascati - there is a map of the upstairs stores on one of the digital displays in the centre and they are located beside the new Peter Mark I think

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

I wonder is Sam's where the previous Farmhill restaurant used to be located?

Looks like it from the reflection in the window of previous post. Was sorry to see Farmhill close, it was very good value for nice food.

Dowlings Butchers in Bloomfields, Fitzsimmons Fish Mongers, The Giddy Goose Cafe and Blue Ginger all gone from DL.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Dowlings Butchers in Bloomfields, Fitzsimmons Fish Mongers, The Giddy Goose Cafe and Blue Ginger all gone from DL.

jaysus that's some clear out. Especially sad to see Fitzsimmons go, thought they were excellent.

A body augmentation clinic (ie botox) is opening in Sandycove, where New Lisa Life was (beside Buckleys).

jaysus that's some clear out. Especially sad to see Fitzsimmons go, thought they were excellent.

A body augmentation clinic (ie botox) is opening in Sandycove, where New Lisa Life was (beside Buckleys).

That place has been empty for years now, you think they would have got something to open up before now, I guess it is a bit past the village though so maybe that's the cause. Will be interesting to see if the botox (thanks for the explainer!) place stays long

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Pet Republic has gone into Bloomfields. Beside where Dowlings was, thankfully.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

The new gym in Belarmine finally opens on Wednesday, had a peak over the weekend and it looks pretty good.

https://www.energiefitness.com/stepaside

Pet Republic has gone into Bloomfields. Beside where Dowlings was, thankfully.

The Giddy Goose looks to be replaced aswell shopfront is now painted yellow and there was a notice in the window saying coming soon couldn't make out what it was though as I was on the bus.

• Advertisement

The Giddy Goose looks to be replaced aswell shopfront is now painted yellow and there was a notice in the window saying coming soon couldn't make out what it was though as I was on the bus.

It seemed to be a large N logo iirc, whatever that stands for!

The new post office in Supervalu Blackrock is opening later today.

https://blackrockcentre.ie/news/view/post-office-opens-1st-of-may

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

FoodSpace Ireland has opened a sustainably lead café in Dún Laoghaire, called INK Café.

Building on the FoodSpace principles of sustainability and a focus on local produce, the café is being run in partnership with Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Lexicon, which overlooks Dublin Bay. In 2018, FoodSpace was recognised as the first and to date only Irish catering company to receive the gold award for contribution to world sustainability by the Sustainable Restaurants Association (SRA).

As an extension of this, all of the offerings within INK are sourced from within 50 miles of the location. The menu will showcase fresh, seasonal and Irish ingredients in a simple and relaxed format where it is about showcasing food and also incorporating zero waste dishes. The kitchen will also be focusing on fermenting, pickling, drying and aging of ingredients.

For INK’s wines they are keeping it simple; four whites, four reds, prosecco and champagne all from sustainable vineyards and all available by the glass. The beer and cider offerings are all Irish and from small brewers.

INK Café will be open 9am - 5pm 7 days a week, and will run a supper club on Fridays and Saturdays from 6pm - 9.30pm.
    https://www.fft.ie/sustainably-lead-cafe-opens-in-dun-laoghaire/26266

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

North Star?
    CbliHLl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Across the road another restaurant is opening called Madhouse on the corner

2 photos are here of the new Peter Marks salon at Frascati from Facebook. It's look nice and bright on the inside.

59253086_2333301133379995_8042010667563089920_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=4a4362f5f6f317b7763418ced7baa4ae&oe=5D326882

58596792_2295304863861339_3150582455505780736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=6cc2b79b65f5c8ddb950fb8b2672e7c1&oe=5D326895

Looks nice. I'm sure the prices will be going up accordingly too :(

Feel sorry for cafffe nero atm as there must not be much footfall upstairs yet with nowhere else open yet.

Across the road another restaurant is opening called Madhouse on the corner

That Asiatica place must have never taken off. Seems that unit has changed hands a good few times now. Wrong end of DL really nothing is ever going to really take off past the cinema to the north and past McDonalds to the south.

• Advertisement

Costa Coffee opening in Shankill. Advertising for staff on indeed.ie

Advertisement