Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

New fashion shop opening beside the newly redone rocks jewellers in stillorgan shopping centre. Advert in the window looking for staff and mentions "fashion" so must be a clothes or footwear store of some sort. Just being painted atm

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Still no mention of the new branch on their website www.tigerwfp.ie but the signage on the new Tiger Wood Fired Pizza place on Deansgrange Road was all lit up today so probably open for business now or by the weekend. Was previously a plumbing & heating supply shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

New fashion shop opening beside the newly redone rocks jewellers in stillorgan shopping centre. Advert in the window looking for staff and mentions "fashion" so must be a clothes or footwear store of some sort. Just being painted atm

Is there any word yet on the new refurbished unit yet beside the Tesco off licence. Is it still getting work done right now at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Moving2017

coylemj wrote: »
    Still no mention of the new branch on their website www.tigerwfp.ie but the signage on the new Tiger Wood Fired Pizza place on Deansgrange Road was all lit up today so probably open for business now or by the weekend. Was previously a plumbing & heating supply shop.

https://www.diningindublin.ie/tiger-wood-fire-pizza-opens-its-second-dublin-location-on-the-deansgrange-road/

Moving2017 wrote: »

That website is using dodgy security certs. When I clicked on the link to their current magazine, both Internet Explorer and Firefox threw up dire warnings about proceeding because of security issues.

It's basically a portal for restaurants to advertise anyway, the piece about Tiger Wood Fire pizza was simply a copy and paste of their own publicity blurb so it has no value for consumers that I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tiger Wood Fired Pizza place on Deansgrange Road
    I heard rumours Padraig Harrington is opening a kebab shop over the road from it ;)

I was passing the rickshaw Chinese in Deansgrange and thought I saw some people outside and possible sign in the window, it was lashing rain so will have a better look next time.

That website is using dodgy security certs. When I clicked on the link to their current magazine, both Internet Explorer and Firefox threw up dire warnings about proceeding because of security issues.

It's basically a portal for restaurants to advertise anyway, the piece about Tiger Wood Fire pizza was simply a copy and paste of their own publicity blurb so it has no value for consumers that I can see.

I didn't have that issue at all, but I use Chrome. However in terms of value the following is of interest (taken from the last ph of the article):

"To celebrate Tiger Wood Fire Pizza opening customers are welcome to join their official opening in-store on the 22nd of June with free pizza, face painting and music from 2-5pm and fear not, if you can’t make it along you can test their delicious menu as all 9 inch pizzas for €2* all day Friday 14th of June. Come down to Laukur House, Deansgrange Road, Co Dublin to get your hands on some sour dough!"

I have no connection to Tiger Wood Fire Pizza or the website I quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Hertz car sales is replacing Gowan motors beside the Glenageary/Sallynoggin roundabout.

Moving2017 wrote: »
    all 9 inch pizzas for €2* all day Friday 14th of June.
    the asterisk there seems to mean collection only.

https://www.herfamily.ie/food/free-pizza-face-painting-next-weekend-brand-new-tiger-wood-fire-pizza-353661
    you can test their delicious menu on Friday, June 14 when all 9-inch pizzas are only €2 all day (collection only)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

That place that was Feast then Asiatica in DL still has a sign that's been up for over a month saying Madhouse restaurant opening soon but yet still no sign of any work or no sign of anything being done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

rubadub wrote: »

I drove by at 4:25.
    It wasn't open yet but there was already a queue of about 15 outside.
    Loads of balloons and a notice I could not read but presume it mentioned the deal

I was passing the rickshaw Chinese in Deansgrange and thought I saw some people outside and possible sign in the window, it was lashing rain so will have a better look next time.

The Rickshaw place is the old schoolhouse opp. the industrial park where the NCT centre is located. The new Tiger pizza place is around the corner on Deansgrange Road, a short distance past the Mooneys (formerly MSL) Hyundai (formerly Audi) showroom.

This premises....

https://goo.gl/maps/up4Ctdy3xB765STB6

frash wrote: »
    I drove by at 4:25.
    It wasn't open yet but there was already a queue of about 15 outside.
    Loads of balloons and a notice I could not read but presume it mentioned the deal
    I passed around 6 and gave it a miss, about 20 outside, saw a couple walking out with 3 boxes.
    The Rickshaw place is the old schoolhouse opp. the industrial park where the NCT centre is located.
    Yeah, I wasn't confusing the 2, just mentioning thought I saw action in it the other day. I had a proper look today and did not spot any signs or any signs of work going on.

I dropped over to the new pizza place at 6:30.

No queue. Grand I thought.

Sold out! :(

I'm so glad I decided to read this before heading over... Pity they were all gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,004 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

43 apartments in five floors over basement, if permission is granted. D19A/0162 on DLRs website.

Great, so we can expect trucks on the path and in the bike lane for 9-12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Deisedarren

Hertz car sales is replacing Gowan motors beside the Glenageary/Sallynoggin roundabout.

Did hertz car Sales buy the building as it was up for sale?

Seems they just reneged on the offer very early, very poor form.

Tiger Wood Fire Pizza
    18 hrs ·
    Huge thank you to everyone who came out to visit us today in Deansgrange 🎉

We are now sold out of our €2 pizzas but are still taking online orders for delivery!

Seems they just reneged on the offer very early, very poor form.

Tiger Wood Fire Pizza
    18 hrs ·
    Huge thank you to everyone who came out to visit us today in Deansgrange 🎉

We are now sold out of our €2 pizzas but are still taking online orders for delivery!

I wouldn't be surprised if the freeloaders people who got freebies or €2 pizzas never darken the door of the place again. Offers like that attract people from miles away and you'll probably never see them again.

What would have made commercial sense would have been to give people a 'free' pizza on condition that they buy a €5 voucher to be redeemed against a future purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I wouldn't be surprised if the freeloaders people who got freebies or €2 pizzas never darken the door of the place again. Offers like that attract people from miles away and you'll probably never see them again.

What would have made commercial sense would have been to give people a 'free' pizza on condition that they buy a €5 voucher to be redeemed against a future purchase.

Very true, have been involved with days where new restaurants give free coffee, drinks and pastries on opening days, i would say that 90% of those availing were never seen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Very true, have been involved with days where new restaurants give free coffee, drinks and pastries on opening days, i would say that 90% of those availing were never seen again.

I guess the 10% then that would become repeat and loyal customers because they really enjoyed the free product offering is probably enough to justify the expense? It's like advertising - 90% of people who see the ad won't purchase the product being advertised but if they can get 10% to purchase, it's worth it.

Anyone who drives miles for a discounted pizza is silly more than anything else. What you save on the pizza will cost you on petrol and time...kind of like toll dodgers who add 40 minutes to their commute and associated petrol/diesel cost to avoid paying €2.60.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Budda Bag have opened a pop up store in Dundrum.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A new business has taken over the old carphone warehouse shop in the DL shopping centre. IT Store or something generic like that. Looks remarkably like the Dixons in Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I heard rumours Padraig Harrington is opening a kebab shop over the road from it ;)

There is a new Gael Scoil going into rickshaw

From our kids schools newsletter

Gaelscoil Laighean is set to open its doors in September under the direction of Aoife Ní Scolaí who left us at Easter to set up the school. It will be housed in the former Rickshaw Restaurant in Dean’s Grange for two years. There is more information available at www.gaelscoil4all.com. You might let anyone who may be interested know.

ted1 wrote: »
    There is a new Gael Scoil going into rickshaw

From our kids schools newsletter

Gaelscoil Laighean is set to open its doors in September under the direction of Aoife Ní Scolaí who left us at Easter to set up the school. It will be housed in the former Rickshaw Restaurant in Dean’s Grange for two years. There is more information available at www.gaelscoil4all.com. You might let anyone who may be interested know.

Another school at an already very busy junction!

Think I'll avoid there at school drop off and collecting times

Esquires coffee shop in the Blackrock Village Centre is now closed it seems - not sure if it is just renovation related, though it always looked very quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Esquires coffee shop in the Blackrock Village Centre is now closed it seems - not sure if it is just renovation related, though it always looked very quiet.

Not surprised heard it wasn't great. That shopping centre is rapidly becoming a ghost shopping centre like DLRC.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Not surprised heard it wasn't great. That shopping centre is rapidly becoming a ghost shopping centre like DLRC.

Honestly I think it's worse than DL shopping centre at the moment. Even SuperValu is dead a lot of the time. Dubray have had a big table with half price stationery the last while, I am sure they are feeling the pinch too. Would hate to see them close. Hopefully the remaining stores can ride it out. Frascati is feeling a little busier now I find than a few months ago, so hopefully it will build up again, and with a few new stores in both it might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Frascati somehow managed to avoid the sort of Ghost-Town vibe that has settled over Blackrock SC, even during their recent renovations.

To be honest, the only time I go into BSC these days is if there is something I need from Supervalu that can't be found in Aldi/M&S. And that is a rarity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

When did Beef Street in Dundrum close? Any reason disclosed?

Advertisement