Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The foxrock kebab place have an early bird deal up

67966841_2880269722048467_7338119541257404416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQm7A0JwL4TBOUjtulP70i04aN4gufeucA6ELzs-xwoEgoAOaS3ODQfAnYEDIZWNYTny3X9JtRj4SBWJnoC6_2Tj&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=c3d9e56ccc789f43d3b51496fa8f10ea&oe=5DCD6678

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

where's the pasta place?

The new build on the way into the Roal Marine (Marine Walk) has a tenant - Cali Kitchen https://www.thecalikitchen.ie/menu

Next door to Miami Cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

rubadub wrote: »
    The foxrock kebab place have an early bird deal up

I was talking excitedly about this place today when a friend who has eaten there advised strongly against it. The lady on duty on the day he and his wife ate there was unwelcoming and kept her nose firmly in her laptop for the duration of their visit. A real shame as he's a local resident and would have loved to enjoy it and dine there frequently. Perhaps it's just a teething problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Starbucks are opening in Belgard Retail Park, Tallaght where B&Q etc are located.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

ongarboy wrote: »
    Starbucks are opening in Belgard Retail Park, Tallaght where B&Q etc are located.

Inside B&Q (or is it closing?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Inside B&Q (or is it closing?)

I'd assume the new unit beside the tyre place? opposite Burgerking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Grassey wrote: »
    I'd assume the new unit beside the tyre place? opposite Burgerking?

The image in attached might give you an idea of it's supposed location. It shows B&Q and Halfords in the background. Says it's opening summer 2019- better get it's skates on...autumn is practically here...

http://belgardretailpark.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

buyer2017 wrote: »
    The pharmacy in foxrock Village seems to have closed down. Anyone know what’s going in there ?

Probably charged Foxrock prices and people discovered Pure in Stillorgan !!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 In The Conversation

Heard Cafe Sol and Jamie Whelan butchers opening in Dunnes Playwright

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Heard Cafe Sol and Jamie Whelan butchers opening in Dunnes Playwright

Both owned be Dunnes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Probably charged Foxrock prices and people discovered Pure in Stillorgan !!

On the contrary they were very competitively priced and very nice staff too. They were on shortened hours for a while as they couldn't seem to get a pharmacist. Pity to see them go

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Dominos opening in the Leopardstown shopping centre (where the drivers licence place used to be before they moved to opposite the doors to Dunnes).

Ironically it's where the ladies gym used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

There is a sign up on a unit near Boots in Frascati saying House of Ireland are coming soon, so not sure where the legal case is atm - Frascati still think they re coming anyway! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Anyone got an idea why two beans new location is about 100 meters from the existing one?
    Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Anyone got an idea why two beans new location is about 100 meters from the existing one?

I saw that and assumed they had moved

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Does seem odd but the new place looks like it is purely take away whereas the other is a sit down cafe so maybe they're trying to be more efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Reuzi.ie open new shop in Foxrock village. Their first bricks & mortar store, across from the petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Reuzi.ie open new shop in Foxrock village. Their first bricks & mortar store, across from the petrol station.

Whats that for, upcycled Israeli made small-arms?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Moving2017

• Registered Users Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Cyrus wrote: »
    You think

I wouldn’t have it in the same league

For a coffee and a scone, I've found Barry and Browne to be much better. I don't think they have a full food menu, like the Vanilla Pod. But the Vanilla Pod were out of scones by 2pm a few times for me.

Mad Egg confirmed opening date of 9th August in Dundrum.
    Has anyone tried it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Has anyone tried it?

Yep. Have been twice. Was awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Blazing Grill restaurant in Tallaght closed after 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

TJ Interiors opened up on the top floor of the Dun Laoghaire shopping centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

top floor?
    I thought they'd cleared that level out

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

NutmegGirl wrote: »
    All 4 units on junction of Leopardstown Road/Avenue are now empty,

The one on the corner has a nice big sign up now saying "cult barber", I saw work going on inside a few weeks ago.

Looks like they have a place in Malahide too, pretty sure the logo was the same
    https://www.facebook.com/CULT-Barber-101745461209120/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Cafe Q or Quigleys as it's called now looks to be closed. Shutters down the past 2 weeks or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I just saw a video of the store on their Facebook page. I think they took the old Art & Hobby Shop unit upstairs.

Their floor lamps offered in the shop are expensive too. They are priced between €95 & €495.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

rubadub wrote: »
    The one on the corner has a nice big sign up now saying "cult barber", I saw work going on inside a few weeks ago.

Looks like they have a place in Malahide too, pretty sure the logo was the same
    https://www.facebook.com/CULT-Barber-101745461209120/

I wonder how long it will take for that sign to be "altered" with a few brushstrokes of black paint to read something different :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Blackrock SC refurbishment is to be completed by May 2020. It will add an additional 1,501 sq metres when it's finished.

Blackrock-SC-2.jpg

https://extra.ie/2019/09/11/business/irish/e10m-refurbishment-of-blackrock-shopping-centre-to-be-completed-in-2020

Also good progress has been made for Café Sol at Dunnes Stores in Newtownpark Avenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Blackrock SC refurbishment is to be completed by May 2020. It will add an additional 1,501 sq metres when it's finished.

Blackrock-SC-2.jpg

https://extra.ie/2019/09/11/business/irish/e10m-refurbishment-of-blackrock-shopping-centre-to-be-completed-in-2020

Also good progress has been made for Café Sol at Dunnes Stores in Newtownpark Avenue.
    They forgot to update the frascati centre in the picture. Like the grass roof, a wild pollinator garden would be great

Advertisement