Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Blackrock SC are looking for tenants to take their 1 of their 8 units once the refurbishment progresses to completion in May. The 8 units will be split into 3 food & drink units & 5 retail units. Joint agents Savills & BNP Paribas Real Estate are asking for rent of between €50 & €70 per sq ft for the units.

More details here.

https://blackrockcentre.ie/news/view/building-works

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cangirl86

Vanilla Pod coming to Leopardstown shopping centre. Going in where old Sivad restaurant was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

cangirl86 wrote: »
    Vanilla Pod coming to Leopardstown shopping centre. Going in where old Sivad restaurant was.

May have been mentioned in an earlier post but Domino's Pizza have also opened in Leopardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Blackrock SC are looking for tenants to take their 1 of their 8 units once the refurbishment progresses to completion in May. The 8 units will be split into 3 food & drink units & 5 retail units. Joint agents Savills & BNP Paribas Real Estate are asking for rent of between €50 & €70 per sq ft for the units.

More details here.

https://blackrockcentre.ie/news/view/building-works

Thanks - imagine it will be quite competitive to get tenants with Frascati still looking too.

I was really hoping holland & barrett might move to a bigger unit as it's absolutely tiny! Would not have thought they could take another 3 food & bev tenants though I guess esquires is gone now.

ongarboy wrote: »
    May have been mentioned in an earlier post but Domino's Pizza have also opened in Leopardstown.

Really. Is their still a Domino's Pizza branch in Dundrum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Dante and TGIF in Dundrum closed since mid-September due to fire in the kitchen, no one hurt, but damage to the restaurants, and water damage to cinema and shops below.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Really. Is their still a Domino's Pizza branch in Dundrum?

Yeah, there is still a Domino's in Dundrum (next door to Apache)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Union Cafe in Beacon South Quarter is now Elephant & Castle. Is this a rebranding or new ownership?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Union Cafe in Beacon South Quarter is now Elephant & Castle. Is this a rebranding or new ownership?

Ooooooooooooooooh (is part of the same group)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Both part of the Press Up group AFAIK

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »
    Dante and TGIF in Dundrum closed since mid-September due to fire in the kitchen, no one hurt, but damage to the restaurants, and water damage to cinema and shops below.

How did that start off? Did Golden Discs & KFC escape unaffected?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Might have been noted before but haven’t been to Dundrum in a while but Karen Millen is gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The Mig wrote: »
    Both part of the Press Up group AFAIK

That's correct. It's a rebrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

acer911 wrote: »
    Might have been noted before but haven’t been to Dundrum in a while but Karen Millen is gone!

Chain went bust. UK arm is still going though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Penney's in Rathfarnham closing after 48 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Wow, didn't know it was closing, when I wonder? Has to be said, it's not a great Penneys, just too small to carry much stock but a handy one to dart in to for staples like PJs or socks etc. I loved it when the kids were really small and you could pick up vests and bits so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Feb 2020. Bought my Italia 90 clobber in there

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Citroen2cv

Whyner wrote: »
    Penney's in Rathfarnham closing after 48 years...

Other than the loss of jobs, it's no great loss to see a Penney's store close. Environmentally damaging fast fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Citroen2cv wrote: »
    Other than the loss of jobs, it's no great loss to see a Penney's store close. Environmentally damaging fast fashion.

can't wait for the replacement place that will charge me €15 for an emergency pair of kids pants, before going out of business complaining about rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Citroen2cv wrote: »

Will also probably provide housing for people in the site...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

New card shop - card factory - opened in stillorgan village centre beside the health food shop/trespass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Sorry I know I asked before and people confirmed it was part of the same Press Up group, but why did they rebrand does anyone know? Different menu, slightly different interior and all now (first time there since rebrand tonight which is why I ask).

No more chicken burger on the menu :(

Sorry I know I asked before and people confirmed it was part of the same Press Up group, but why did they rebrand does anyone know? Different menu, slightly different interior and all now (first time there since rebrand tonight which is why I ask).

No more chicken burger on the menu :(

Yeah my other half is not happy that the chicken burger disappeared. It was her favorite dish.

If you want more mystery, Wowburger now deliver from the same unit as Elephant and Castle (formerly Union Cafe) on Deliveroo.

Had it the other night and it was incredible. But there is no Wowburger outlet nor are the burgers served in E&C Wowburgers.

Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Same group again.

Deliveroo and Just Eat in the UK are full of brands that don't have actual premises in an area - as well as brands that only exist on those sites to begin with as it happens - so its not that odd.

L1011 wrote: »
    Same group again.

Deliveroo and Just Eat in the UK are full of brands that don't have actual premises in an area - as well as brands that only exist on those sites to begin with as it happens - so its not that odd.

Well whilst I agree with you and know about the phantom kitchens etc, Wowburger is such a well known chain that it just seems odd not to capitalise on it by serving them out of the store. A hybrid Elephant and Castle - Wowburger would absolutely clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Is any single business more exposed to the Irish property market than Press Up Group?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

errlloyd wrote: »
    Is any single business more exposed to the Irish property market than Press Up Group?

Cairn, glenveagh any of the builders....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

New restaurant in the Stepaside village, says it's been open a few weeks but we went past last weekend where it is (or we thought it was, the old box tree) and could not see anything- will have to go for another nose.

https://woodruff.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

This must be the third such tenant. The rent is too high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

New restaurant in the Stepaside village, says it's been open a few weeks but we went past last weekend where it is (or we thought it was, the old box tree) and could not see anything- will have to go for another nose.

https://woodruff.ie

I was in Stepaside about 2 weeks ago on a weekday evening and Woodruff was open alright

Advertisement