Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Meanwhile on George's st Dun Laoghaire...

Art of Coffee has opened in the old Leonardos.

Blue Ginger/Ko Raudo has closed.

Quigley's cafe has closed and is now called something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I was in Stepaside about 2 weeks ago on a weekday evening and Woodruff was open alright

Reviews look promising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Has a new pharmacy opened up in foxrock Village ? Heard the old one was sold off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

joeguevara wrote: »
    Madhouse is closed.

Jaysis didn't last long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

joeguevara wrote: »
    Madhouse is closed.

Ah feck
    My Kids loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Jaysis didn't last long

Been closed for last week or so. Not sure if permanent. Hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you want more mystery, Wowburger now deliver from the same unit as Elephant and Castle (formerly Union Cafe) on Deliveroo.

Had it the other night and it was incredible. But there is no Wowburger outlet nor are the burgers served in E&C Wowburgers.
    They charge way more online. If you could order for collection at the usual prices I reckon they would clean up.

https://wowburger.ie/
    HAMBURGER 6.45 (8.40 online)
    CHEESEBURGER 6.45 (8.40 online)
    BACON CHEESEBURGER 7.45 (9.70 online)

FRIES 2.95 (3.85)
    CHILLI FRIES 4.95 (6.45)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Has a new pharmacy opened up in foxrock Village ? Heard the old one was sold off

Someone in The Gables said to me that that particular pharmacy location has an obligation to provide methadone, and that the residents were happy to see it go.

Your man retired I think. This was a while back, and I'm afraid I was very, very drunk at the time.

Meanwhile In Foxrock - Broadsheet.ie (2015)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

One of the vacant units in the Belarmine Plaza 'shopping centre's is getting fitted out - assume another restaurant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

not a business but
    https://twitter.com/dlrcc/status/1194662845591543809
    Our latest playground is now open at Hudson Park, Glasthule. Complete with callisthenic gym and natural play trail. Something to get out to and enjoy this Autumn weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,944 ✭✭✭✭josip

When were those photos taken?
    Not this week by the looks of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

One of the vacant units in the Belarmine Plaza 'shopping centre's is getting fitted out - assume another restaurant?

There’s a dentists going in underneath the pharmacy, is that the one you mean?

There’s a dentists going in underneath the pharmacy, is that the one you mean?

Yeah saw that, no this is around the other side (to the right of the road as you drive to the Fresh carpark). The other side of Fire and Stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Whyner wrote: »
    Penney's in Rathfarnham closing after 48 years...

28 years no?

Either way, no loss.

Very interested to see what goes in there.

O'Briens around the corner in Templeogue moved next door and theres an Insomnia cafe (yuck) going into the old shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The Nal wrote: »
    28 years no?

Either way, no loss.

Very interested to see what goes in there.

O'Briens around the corner in Templeogue moved next door and theres an Insomnia cafe (yuck) going into the old shop.

Penneys would only have opened in 1991 if opened 28 years and it's definitely been there since the 1970s so 48 years sounds about right. Even the whole centre has a pure 70s timewarp look about it. The Nutgrove one opened in the mid 80s I believe.

I was always surprised that one suburb (Rathfarnham) had two Penneys when huge population centres like Tallaght and plenty of fair sized towns around Ireland have none.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Penneys would only have opened in 1991 if opened 28 years and it's definitely been there since the 1970s so 48 years sounds about right. Even the whole centre has a pure 70s timewarp look about it. The Nutgrove one opened in the mid 80s I believe.

Yeah I always thought it was there before 91 but all the reports said 28 years. Thats wrong though. Opened in 1972.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭tfeldi

Yes, they are trying to find a Tennant. Planning permission is for restaurant with takeaway facility.

tfeldi wrote: »
    Yes, they are trying to find a Tennant. Planning permission is for restaurant with takeaway facility.

Oh thought it was being fitted put so assume it was let already, must just be getting it ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

tfeldi wrote: »

Does PP apply at the unit level in a shopping centre?

If a restaurant closes down and vacates the unit, is there something in the PP that says the owner can't let it out to a tattoo artist or vaping shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Generally shops can replace shops without issue but hot food and particularly takeaways needs different permission

L1011 wrote: »
    Generally shops can replace shops without issue but hot food and particularly takeaways needs different permission

Penneys in Rathfarnham has an asbestos roof which may be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

I see the old foxrock pharmacy is being refitted , any idea what’s going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

The Nal wrote: »
    Penneys in Rathfarnham has an asbestos roof which may be an issue.

Wont be an issue unless its in bad conditionj

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

A-Wash Laundrette at Newpark Centre; Newtownpark Avenue have installed a new IT system to take up customer's orders & phone numbers for doing their laundry.

Instead of being handed an orange ticket; they will hand customers over a white receipt with a 5 digit number with a barcode underneath it to scan it at the till for collection. I am not sure what happens after that now. But your finished washing includes a purple ticket displaying the 5 digit number when you collect it. They also say on the white receipt that, upon having your laundry, they will keep your uncollected garments for 6 months.

The new owners have also have installed a new debit/credit card facility for the very 1st time to let customers pay by card for their washed clothes & garments.

Also Cronins Centra in Newtownpark Avenue has applied for PP for a new large extension to it's store & to build new facilities on it's forecourt. More details here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Mink Nail Bar opening in Monkstown. My wife is excited to say the least...

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

Drift float therapy will be opening in the new year behind the old church in Stillorgan/Kilmacud. Currently in for planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Specsavers seeking staff for a new store at Citywest SC opening in February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Whyner wrote: »
    Penney's in Rathfarnham closing after 48 years...
    Any word yet on what's going in here?

Advertisement