Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business openings and closures around you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Any word on what's happening Penneys (Rathfarnham) retail space? I'm in dread of it being another Dealz or Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Any word on what's happening Penneys (Rathfarnham) retail space? I'm in dread of it being another Dealz or Costa.

No. Asbestos roof causing issues.

I think the area is tapped out for coffee. Insomnia initially went for the old O'Briens in Templeogue and then pulled out. Which is just as well as their coffee tastes like cats piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

20% off storewide closing down sale has started at HOF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Has anyone heard that Bits and Pizzas has closed down in Dun Laoghaire? Or is it just a rumour?

Thanks,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

bullvine wrote: »
    Has anyone heard that Bits and Pizzas has closed down in Dun Laoghaire? Or is it just a rumour?

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

The Mig wrote: »

I had a meal there on Sunday evening (which was very nice) and there was no indication that they were closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Bicycle shop just of the Goatstown/clonskeagh road gone i see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

The Mig wrote: »

That's shocking why? They seemed to be busy and popular?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

strandroad wrote: »

Shocking indeed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

strandroad wrote: »
    this is only posted 48mins ago and already 225 comments

https://www.facebook.com/bitsand.pizzas/
    We here at Bits and Pizzas have enjoyed 32 years of serving you.

We would just like to express how much we have appreciated all the friends that we have made over the years and how much our customers have enjoyed dining with us.

However, due to low levels of trade, we regret to inform you that Bits and Pizza will be closing done for the foreseeable future.

Thanks again to all our customers who have been supporting us for many years.

• Advertisement

Zero Zero put them out of business?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

that's an awful shame, a Dun laoghaire institution, I'll miss them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah a real shame, our oldest child doesnt like pizza for the last 18 months or so (crazy kid), so we havent been in a while, but the pizza was always very good.
    A real shame and a real DL institution, had many dates as a young buck down there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Very surprised to see them go I had many a meal over the years in Bits and Pizzas they held in during the last recession it’s a sad day.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

It's very sudden too, if it's already closed. If they only announced but gave it another month they would be full to the rafters for the remainder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

810 comments on that Facebook post linked above now!

If each one vowed to eat there within the next few months they'd be back in business

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Plans by high-end retailer Fallon & Byrne to open a flagship food hall, delicatessen and restaurant at the Dundrum Town Centre in south Dublin have been placed under review.

The news comes following a period of turbulence at the business since the beginning of this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

coylemj wrote: »
    Plans by high-end retailer Fallon & Byrne to open a flagship food hall, delicatessen and restaurant at the Dundrum Town Centre in south Dublin have been placed under review.

The news comes following a period of turbulence at the business since the beginning of this year.

Interesting that they are saying that despite legal contracts being signed....supposed they could break put for a few but the question would be, could they find a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No point crying over spilt milk. The usual nonsense facebook responses blaming the Council and the Gubbernment Joe(??) but really if people want their local institutions, they have to vote with their feet and their wallets. Yes Milanos is handy for the Dart and other activities but personally I can't stand the place and its daylight robbery too.

As long as my office is in Dun Laoghaire I'll buy my food and coffee in small independents around the town rather than Milanos or Starbucks or even O'Briens or Itsa. There are some brilliant food spots on DL, support them.

On Bits n Pizzas specifically, hopefully there's a renewed future for them with attention drawn to the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Serena in Frascati SC is currently having a clearance sale in advance of it's move to it's new unit right beside Vodafone in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

The Fallon & Byrne logo has disappeared from the hoarding along the construction site for the new food quarter at Dundrum TC

Presumably connected to the Irish Times article last week saying F&B were reviewing all expansion plans despite Hammerson saying contracts were signed for F&B to take possession, kit out and move in...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Fiancé got a text that Wilde Salon in Donnybrook is closed effective immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,944 ✭✭✭✭josip

DLR Meadowbrook, Dundrum swimming pool have closed, presumably temporarily.
    They've cancelled quite a few sessions over recent months due to kids having 'accidents' in the pool.
    Do they have to do a deep clean or something?

Penneys Rathfarnham has been leased but its all a big hush hush secret apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

josip wrote:
    DLR Meadowbrook, Dundrum swimming pool have closed, presumably temporarily. They've cancelled quite a few sessions over recent months due to kids having 'accidents' in the pool. Do they have to do a deep clean or something?

Due to an issue that occurred on Tuesday the 25th of February 2020, with pool tiles in the main swimming pool in Meadowbrook the main pool, will remain closed until investigations and repair works are completed.
    We sincerely apologise for this issue which is outside our control

From their website

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Wax in the city opening whee Joseph Kramer was in stillorgan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Art & Hobby Shop in Blackrock SC has reopened again recently. It was temporarily closed as it got new automatic sliding doors built for the refurbishment of the centre. I walked past it on Tuesday & it was back open as normal. The main part of the shopping centre though still looks to be in a really terrible state. As well as refurbishing the toilets; the narrow walkway between Diffneys & Supervalu has been knocked down & getting rebuilt as we speak.

It's will be nowhere near finished in May 2020. I would say either August or September 2020 is more realistic for it to be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Art & Hobby Shop in Blackrock SC has reopened again recently. It was temporarily closed as it got new automatic sliding doors built for the refurbishment of the centre. I walked past it on Tuesday & it was back open as normal. The main part of the shopping centre though still looks to be in a really terrible state. As well as refurbishing the toilets; the narrow walkway between Diffneys & Supervalu has been knocked down & getting rebuilt as we speak.

It's will be nowhere near finished in May 2020. I would say either August or September 2020 is more realistic for it to be finished.

It's shocking how long that's going on and what the affect on trade must be - it may have been better closing completely for 6-9 months and getting it done and dusted and relaunching but I guess SV would not have been happy about that. Apart from SV and Holland & Barrett which seems to get a few people, the other shops are absolutely dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

The Gables in Foxrock has closed until further notice
    App closed midweek
    V surprising

Advertisement